T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait until Monday and see what happens. IF I have no tracking info yet I'll have my mom call up while I'm at work Monday and raise hell with them because they took my money out yesterday. Depending on what they say I'll decide if I want to cancel or not and wait a couple weeks and go to the store. I still wonder if the store did something funny because the staff there are always busy because it's the only store in town and they're not very friendly. I'll probably drive 30 miles and buy it at a different location too.
If they took your money yesterday, then you really don't have anything to worry about, you have a phone coming.

The only thing that could make me cancel the phone order is a free phone.

Every flagship release there will be a couple of people that think something is wrong with their order and they cancel before release day. They go to the store on release day and can't find the phone they want or their store sells out.

Then they order again and the phone gets on back order and takes a couple of weeks and their phone would have been there on release day at the latest.

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
So if I don't cancel and don't get my device by the delivery date, you think they will give it to me for free??? How do I go about that if I don't get it though. The usual reps will just give me a $20 credit on my bill or some other BS.

They're not giving you a free device. And until they tell you directly that you won't have your device until after release date, you don't have a legitimate gripe here. They can't be reasonably to blame for your impatience. They aren't obligated to get you your device early. If it happens, cool! But it's a courtesy (one that's become a legit expectation to some due to past preorders). And if your card has been charged, I feel like that's a better indicator of movement than the text saying your item is being packaged.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So if I don't cancel and don't get my device by the delivery date, you think they will give it to me for free??? How do I go about that if I don't get it though. The usual reps will just give me a $20 credit on my bill or some other BS.
No they will not give you a device for free if it isn't there by the 19th.

If they screwed up something and your device is after release day getting to you, they will give you some kind of credit.

They will not give you a free phone.

UN1QUEx

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't use either one, I never put much on my card anyway.

I got the Netflix last time. If you already have Netflix, they will give you credit so you don't have to pay for Netflix for a year.

If you already subscribe, that is literally saving you over $100.

Yeah but value wise doesn't it go sd card>gear>netflix? :x I already have a 128gig card and I think it is pretty sufficient on my needs, don't have a fitness or a daily watch that I'd like to wear though.. So was leaning towards that maybe..

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My situation...

Called T-Mobile to order on the 9th. I have a single line plan right now, was going to add 2 lines for a 3 line family plan and order 3 Note 7 phones, 1 for each line.

The person I talked to said she could only order the 1 (black) phone for my existing line, and she'd transfer me to someone else who could add the additional lines to my account, and they'd have to transfer me back to her department after so her department could then order the additional phones.

She placed the order for the one phone and then transferred me.

The guy she transferred me to put in the order to upgrade my plan, and he also put in the order for the 2 additional (black, silver) phones.

When this showed up online, the first (black) order showed USPS Priority shipping, the second (black, silver) showed up as UPS Overnight.

When people started getting charged, I got charged for the second order, but did not get charged for the first order until a couple hours later.

When the texts about order being packed started rolling out, I got the text with my second order number, but did not get the text for my first order until a little while later.

As I type this right now, I have not received an email, text, or any other notification that my order has shipped. The last notification I received was the text that my order will be packed this weekend.

However, even though I got no notification, the T-Mobile app and website second order has been shipped. The first order still says it's being processed. But that second order says it has been shipped. When I tap on it to track it, the UPS website says tracking is not available yet.

So don't worry about not receiving the text. If you got charged, you're getting a phone. They said they weren't going to charge us until it shipped. Yeah, their notification system sucks, but they're going to ship out.

My guess is the text went to the primary line on the account. Or maybe since you ordered it for a different line they didn't bother to send out a text at all.

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh my god this is taking to a new level ... Lol

Am I the only one thinking he is just messing with us? Look at the questions

Thats how i feel when people say they got a tracking number...Many people on the forums ordered the note 7 mins after preorders opened but what maybe 7 have tracking numbers?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is sending me a phone because I have been a Samsung customer for 20 years, including Washers and Dryers and TV's and Samsung really has screwed up some stuff big over the last few years and I was getting ready to walk away from Samsung.

They are getting my phone from TMO, but TMO isn't giving me the phone, Samsung is and they are doing that because I am having issues with Samsung. They aren't spending me the phone over a screwed up shipping date or because TMO made a mistake (which there is nothing to indicate right now there is anything wrong with your order, much less TMO screwing it up).

Samsung is sending me a phone because they have messed up a lot the last few years and they know they have.

UN1QUEx

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
About that assisted service $20 fee. If you are on jump programs, you don't have to pay it. I am on jod and paid it when I called to pre order. I did not know I didn't have to. I don't want my order to be cancelled so I left that charge on my card and called customer care today. They gave me a bill credit for that amount. Just an fyi.

Posted via the Android Central App

Can I go to the T-Mobile store and ask them there if they can credit it to me? I'm on the JOD program and I was charged the 20$

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Their process is probably something like this...

They know there are X amount of devices available. So until they have more orders than devices, they know everyone who orders will be in the first batch.

So while everyone is in the first batch, they don't really have to worry about who ordered first. They're all going to ship out on the same day.

So rather than process them in the order in which the orders were placed, instead they're breaking them up into "this order was placed by this center, it goes in this bucket" and "this order was placed with this plan type, it goes in this bucket" and they're working those buckets.

See my previous post, I had 2 orders placed, each with a different plan type and placed by different centers. The second of those orders has consistently been processed before the first of those 2 orders. But they're probably going to arrive at my house on the same day, regardless of which one was processed first and which one didn't send me an email or whatever.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but value wise doesn't it go sd card>gear>netflix? :x I already have a 128gig card and I think it is pretty sufficient on my needs, don't have a fitness or a daily watch that I'd like to wear though.. So was leaning towards that maybe..
Dollar wise they are different, but that isn't all that is involved. Getting something free that you really won't use or enjoy, that is more expensive and might not even be able to sell.. What is the value to you?

If I was eligible for a gift, the free Netflix is what I would get personally.

For me, free Netflix is more valuable and something I would enjoy and use more than that SD card. Now people that use a card a lot and store a lot on it, then the card would be valuable to them. If I could sell the card easily, without a lot of work, then I would get the card and just use the 32 gb card I have already. I out everything on the cloud so the card just isn't valuable to me.

Forget the dollar amount the gifts are worth, look at it from which one will you get most use out of and enjoy more.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thats how i feel when people say they got a tracking number...Many people on the forums ordered the note 7 mins after preorders opened but what maybe 7 have tracking numbers?
No many more than 7 have tracking numbers. Also on this forum, the majority of people are Verizon customers, then AT&T second. There isn't just TMO customers posting in this thread.

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and got it on the payment plan. I just got charged for the taxes on the phone. They said I wouldn't be charged till it was ready to ship. So it looks like I'll be getting my Coral Blue by the 19th!!! Ordered 15 min after ordered started on the 3rd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20