No flat display :(

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Coming from note 5, I was going to upgrade to the note 7 because my home button was getting lose, scraping off from wear and tear, dropped my phone a few times and its got dings here and there and the new 3500mah battery was very attractive.

But I was never able to get used to the curved edges on the galaxy models. To me, it sort of cuts off the viewing space mostly while watching videos. And I didn't like the white light glare that it produces on the curved sides when you look at the screen straight on. And the curved edges sort of make the screen look smaller.

I really hoped they had the flat screen variation but after watching the samsung presentation I'm not too sure anymore whether to upgrade or not.

Anyone else kind of iffy about the whole curved screen on the note series?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
You might want to search the forum for similar thoughts many have already expressed on this . I don't mind it at all and I can't wait for the phone.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Coming from note 5, I was going to upgrade to the note 7 because my home button was getting lose, scraping off from wear and tear, dropped my phone a few times and its got dings here and there and the new 3500mah battery was very attractive.

But I was never able to get used to the curved edges on the galaxy models. To me, it sort of cuts off the viewing space mostly while watching videos. And I didn't like the white light glare that it produces on the curved sides when you look at the screen straight on. And the curved edges sort of make the screen look smaller.

I really hoped they had the flat screen variation but after watching the samsung presentation I'm not too sure anymore whether to upgrade or not.

Anyone else kind of iffy about the whole curved screen on the note series?

Um, this was more or less widely confirmed for a bit.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm over it now. Hoping the gorilla glass 5 makes screen as crack resistant as flat screens. Just waiting to confirm vzw price and hope it comes with 64gb on board memory. I haven't confirmed yet.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm over it now. Hoping the gorilla glass 5 makes screen as crack resistant as flat screens. Just waiting to confirm vzw price and hope it comes with 64gb on board memory. I haven't confirmed yet.

I would say it will be near $800. Give or take some either way.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I am not a fan of the curves, but appreciate those that like it. I do not like how the S7 Edge distorts video and find the lack of bezel awkward for gaming, but again that's me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
64 gb is pretty much a given. Price, I would guess $800-850.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just called VZW and the rep said $840 pre-order full price without discounts (my choice to keep unlimited data) but he could not confirm memory spec. He also did not know of any free items (we heard maybe sd card or fit watch or vr gear or something) that might come with purchase.

I was also a flat screen proponent but all the leaks said curved so I've settled myself to that. There are also some cases that almost cover the curves in the s7e to minimize accidental palm activations so I am sure such cases will be available for this phone too.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had wanted to get one, but once the leaks started coming out and it was only going to be a curved screen, I decided I'd hold off. My Note 4 is working just fine for now.

Posted via the Android Central App

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind the curved screen as much as I do mind how the curved edge feels in a case. When I had the S7 Edge in a case, the edge was uncomfortable to hold. I'm hoping the case makers can make it feel smooth as a non edge phone.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Upgrading as I do every year. Little disappointed its basically a S7 with a .2 inch larger display and a S pen with iris scanner. Was hoping for 6gb of ram but 4 will do for another year. Water proof is a big plus as well as micro sd card support. Picking one up in silver coming from a black onyx Note 5 64gb.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
64g is the standard for N7, confirmed in today's launch.....

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Do not like how the curve distorts video. It is like the old VHS days where the image is skewed at the top at bottom of an old video tape. I get why most might be indifferent, but it bugs me big.

Seems cheating to call it 5.7" when about .2" is a wasted curve. Kind of like the old CRT monitor days of counting the bezel ;)

niijonodhg

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I loved the Flat Screen on my Note5, however having used an S7 Edge recently I'm reasonably happy that they've put it on the Note7! I guess only time will tell.