08-05-2016 10:09 AM
35 12
tools
    I do use my watch to keep my phone unlocked, but if I did not would this feature do so. I don't want it to keep it unlocked, which is why I was wondering.
    08-04-2016 04:31 PM
    I would love to know if the AOD has support for apps that are not Samsung apps this time around. I'm crossing my fingers.
    08-04-2016 04:35 PM
    I do use my watch to keep my phone unlocked, but if I did not would this feature do so. I don't want it to keep it unlocked, which is why I was wondering.
    Aod has no impact on the secure lock screen settings or usage.
    skatergirl likes this.
    08-04-2016 04:37 PM
    I don't think screen burn-in is a problem anymore really. The demo unit screens are left on all day at 100% brightness.
    Don't the display models at the store keep changing screens in demo mode? That would prevent burn in, I would think
    08-04-2016 07:26 PM
    I would love to know if the AOD has support for apps that are not Samsung apps this time around. I'm crossing my fingers.
    Looks like yes it does now:

According to this video, "3rd party" notifications will now appear on the Always On Display .. Much more useful now. At around 7:43 of the video ...

08-04-2016 10:45 PM
    Looks like yes it does now:
    The only thing that I question where he talks about it in that vid is that the icon that he points to is the same icon that says the phone is waterlogged earlier in the vid, and that I assume is based on a Samsung app. So I'm hoping he didn't misspeak. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else except in this one video. I posted that question on the vid, but he hasn't responded yet.

I don't understand the point of the AOD if it doesn't allow notifications from things like Gmail, FB, 3rd party texting apps, etc. Motorola has it beat hands down with its Moto display in this case. I don't need to look at the phone to see what time it is.
    08-05-2016 12:19 AM
    The only thing that I question where he talks about it in that vid is that the icon that he points to is the same icon that says the phone is waterlogged earlier in the vid, and that I assume is based on a Samsung app. So I'm hoping he didn't misspeak. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else except in this one video. I posted that question on the vid, but he hasn't responded yet.

I don't understand the point of the AOD if it doesn't allow notifications from things like Gmail, FB, 3rd party texting apps, etc. Motorola has it beat hands down with its Moto display in this case. I don't need to look at the phone to see what time it is.
    All true. I would agree.
    08-05-2016 09:12 AM
    One of the videos i watched said AOD would support more 3rd party apps.

As far as battery, ive been using on my s7 edge without any real noticeable difference.

I like having it on, when i switched back and forth between the notes and the moto droids i always loved the way moto would "breathe" the clock and notifications.

Having it on the s7 edge and when i get the note7 gives me one of the things i missed about moto.

Also since the AOD is going to do more on the note7, im excited to see what all it will do.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-05-2016 09:37 AM
    there's alot of potenial with AOD going forward. I hope samsung continues to make it better
    08-05-2016 09:42 AM
    One of the videos i watched said AOD would support more 3rd party apps.

As far as battery, ive been using on my s7 edge without any real noticeable difference.

I like having it on, when i switched back and forth between the notes and the moto droids i always loved the way moto would "breathe" the clock and notifications.

Having it on the s7 edge and when i get the note7 gives me one of the things i missed about moto.

Also since the AOD is going to do more on the note7, im excited to see what all it will do.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Right, it's only on that one vid. Perhaps other people haven't thought to test it.

I like being able to wave my hand over my Droid Turbo2 and having the screen come on to see if there are notifications. If the AOD would show all notifications I'd think that would be just as good as well as having a proximity sensor keep it off while it's in your pocket. Assuming there is the LED that I can have different colors and maybe different blink rates I think I'd be fine with that as well.
    08-05-2016 10:09 AM
35 12