Adoptable Storage?

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if I'm saying this correct, I heard somthing about adaptable storage a few months back. Meaning the SD card will add to the internal storage. Then the SD card can't be pulled out with out problems. I may be explaining this wrong.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: About the internal storage..

Not sure if I'm saying this correct, I heard somthing about adaptable storage a few months back. Meaning the SD card will add to the internal storage. Then the SD card can't be pulled out with out problems. I may be explaining this wrong.

There are two modes that SD cards can be used in MM and beyond. The first is adoptable storage, which is basically converting your SD card into additional internal storage and encrypts the card so it can only be used in that phone. The other option is to use it for media only, which mean no apps on it but it can be used in multiple devices. This option would be for music, videos, photos, downloads, etc.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

There are two modes that SD cards can be used in MM and beyond. The first is adoptable storage, which is basically converting your SD card into additional internal storage and encrypts the card so it can only be used in that phone. The other option is to use it for media only, which mean no apps on it but it can be used in multiple devices. This option would be for music, videos, photos, downloads, etc.

Thank you!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

With 64GB, my suggestion is stay away from adaptable, since the same card must always be used and in the device. Also at mercy then of quality of the card. Unless you get ther free 256GB from Samsung with preorder. That should be good.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

With 64GB, my suggestion is stay away from adaptable, since the same card must always be used and in the device. Also at mercy then of quality of the card. Unless you get ther free 256GB from Samsung with preorder. That should be good.

Agreed. 64GB should be enough for most people

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I would agree, I have the AT&T Note 5 32 gb with apps and pics it shows I have 12 gb left. Cutting it close

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

You stated it correctly. It's a dumb option to have though in my opinion. The traditional way allows you to put media AND a lot of apps all on the SD...while making it viable in other devices.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You stated it correctly. It's a dumb option to have though in my opinion. The traditional way allows you to put media AND a lot of apps all on the SD...while making it viable in other devices.

I thought it was changed. You could add part of the app on some, but when you updated it took it all off the card. Unless you side loaded the app.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
64 GB is amazing to have as the storage. Way better than 32 or the iPhone with 16 GB starting.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
64 GB is amazing to have as the storage. Way better than 32 or the iPhone with 16 GB starting.

I got the 64 GB on my Note 5 and have used 33.90 GB on it. I knew without an SD card I would need the larger storage. But still with an SD card, it allows more storage so both is the best.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
This. My S7e is full. Wish there had been an option for that. Adoptable storage would help, but when I enabled it, burst mode no longer worked in the camera app. So I turned it back off.