11-29-2016 09:58 AM
2,795 ... 9899100101102 ...
tools
    UPS has mine scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning by 12:30 so it won't be a long wait Tomorrow. Still debating a screen protector after all the talk. I will probably get one and try it. I had a Zagg HD on my Note 4 if I remember correctly and it didn't bother me. I may run to Best Buy and grab one after it comes.
    08-18-2016 09:35 PM
    I've been playing with this phone since 2:30. Time to put it down and go nite nite.....
    I'm very impressed and satisfied with the device, including the choice of getting blue....
    Maybe it's because the lighting is cold and stormy right now I don't appreciate the blue yet. Phone, yes. Color...not so sure.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    08-18-2016 09:39 PM
    Reminder for Verizon users don't forget to disable DTignite, unless you want more bloat
    08-18-2016 09:46 PM
    My phone is all set and ready to go! This thing is a beauty! Amazing piece of technology right here.
    08-18-2016 10:02 PM
    I have my stuff copied over from the S7E, and all my apps downloaded etc. I had to fight with Smart Switch and I instantly forgot how to use Tap N Go and can't figure out how to get back to it.

It's never a good idea to setup a phone tired. Ever.

I'm too cranky to do a factory data reset, so I think for the first time in forever I'll be setting it up almost like a new phone. I got my photos that aren't on the sim card that were on the S7E over, contacts that for some reason didn't save to Google over and called it a night.

Gonna try to transfer my messages over in the morning, then I'm taking the S7E to the fair before I retire it and send it back to Verizon.

However, Verizon must not want it back very badly because they didn't send me a return shipping label. Dang it.

Overall, don't try to enjoy something new when you've been out in a hundred degree heat working, and the FedEx guy blows you off haha.

Oh! And I submitted to Samsung for the Gear Fit 2. They didn't have child size so I got myself a small.

08-18-2016 10:18 PM
    Reminder for Verizon users don't forget to disable DTignite, unless you want more bloat
    Sorry but is that an app or something?
    08-18-2016 10:35 PM
    Sorry but is that an app or something?
    It's hidden bloatware Verizon slipped in under our noses.

Jewels81 likes this.
    08-18-2016 10:42 PM
    A little off topic, but looking at a screenshot of someone's settings in another thread I notice I don't have the setting under Display for Touch key light duration. Could any other Verizon users check their settings and see if that setting is missing? I think it's odd I can't find it anywhere and it seems like a strange thing to remove.
    08-18-2016 10:45 PM

Thanks. Don't have the phone yet but is it in the app section in settings?
    08-18-2016 10:46 PM
    A little off topic, but looking at a screenshot of someone's settings in another thread I notice I don't have the setting under Display for Touch key light duration. Could any other Verizon users check their settings and see if that setting is missing? I think it's odd I can't find it anywhere and it seems like a strange thing to remove.
    Haven't got the phone yet but I hope it hidden somewhere cause I like to be able to set limits for stuff like that lol.
    08-18-2016 10:47 PM
    Haven't got the phone yet but I hope it hidden somewhere cause I like to be able to set limits for stuff like that lol.
    I like to change that kind of stuff too, and it seems to be set for 2 seconds on this phone. I'd like it to stay on a little longer. Hopefully it's burried somewhere and I'm just overlooking it.
    08-18-2016 10:51 PM
    Thanks. Don't have the phone yet but is it in the app section in settings?
    I have it disabled through Package Disabler Pro, so I'm not sure if it's in the apps section. Pretty sure it is.

08-18-2016 11:00 PM
    I like to change that kind of stuff too, and it seems to be set for 2 seconds on this phone. I'd like it to stay on a little longer. Hopefully it's burried somewhere and I'm just overlooking it.
    I'm on note 5 right now and dang I can't even find it on it. Hmm I wonder if they took it off after marshmallow update. I didn't even notice it was gone til you asked about it. Lol
    08-18-2016 11:01 PM
    I have it disabled through Package Disabler Pro, so I'm not sure if it's in the apps section. Pretty sure it is.

Thanks. Is that available in the Google play store?
    08-18-2016 11:03 PM
    Thanks. Is that available in the Google play store?
    Yep! I think it's like .99-2.99 but worth every penny. You just check off what you don't want and away all the bloatware goes. It clears up some really substantial space on your phone.

Jewels81 likes this.
    08-18-2016 11:08 PM
    I just checked my Tracking number after Verizon messed up my order and fixed it on Tuesday. Earlier tonight it said it would be here by Friday end of day. Now I look at it just now and it says rescheduled for Monday even though its less than 3 hours away. I swear if it doesn't come tomorrow I am gonna go off!!!
    08-18-2016 11:08 PM
    I just checked my Tracking number after Verizon messed up my order and fixed it on Tuesday. Earlier tonight it said it would be here by Friday end of day. Now I look at it just now and it says rescheduled for Monday even though its less than 3 hours away. I swear if it doesn't come tomorrow I am gonna go off!!!
    Check it in the morning! Mine went from 8 PM tomorrow evening to at my door at 2 PM today.

08-18-2016 11:10 PM
    Yep! I think it's like .99-2.99 but worth every penny. You just check off what you don't want and away all the bloatware goes. It clears up some really substantial space on your phone.

Awesome. Thanks so much. I will definitely check it out. Hey can you tell me what games came on the note 7?
    08-18-2016 11:16 PM
    Awesome. Thanks so much. I will definitely check it out. Hey can you tell me what games came on the note 7?
    I didn't see any. It came surprisingly bare.

08-18-2016 11:16 PM

Oh well I can download the ones I want that came on note 5 which was like 1 lol
    08-18-2016 11:24 PM
    Oh well I can download the ones I want that came on note 5 which was like 1 lol
    If you use Smart Switch or a backup from Google you can select what apps you want to drag over from your old phone. I used to love Bubblewitch for a time passer but left it behind on my S7E.

08-18-2016 11:30 PM

It is bloatware, but it is bloatware that insralls other bloatware. Because paying $864 isn't enough, Verizon has to make another buck or two from companies paying Verizon to install their junk apps
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-18-2016 11:31 PM
    It is bloatware, but it is bloatware that insralls other bloatware. Because paying $864 isn't enough, Verizon has to make another buck or two from companies paying Verizon to install their junk apps
    Ninja bloatware.

08-18-2016 11:31 PM
    If you use Smart Switch or a backup from Google you can select what apps you want to drag over from your old phone. I used to love Bubblewitch for a time passer but left it behind on my S7E.

Oh yeah....thanks for reminding me of smart switch lol. Lol yeah I liked that game to. Right now I'm addicted to Genies and Gems a game like bejeweled lol
    08-18-2016 11:39 PM

Check back on the 20th there are supposed to be some free games for buying the Note 7 then.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    08-19-2016 12:04 AM
2,795 ... 9899100101102 ...