11-29-2016 09:58 AM
2,795 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    I called in Verizon for another issue and ended up asking about the 7 just to see what they would say.

I was told "EVERYONE" would receive their phones on the 19th period. Did not matter if you have one day or two day shipping they will arrive on the 19th. When asked about the difference between 1 and 2 day shipping she said, "The phones will ship from the FedEx site FedEx chooses so they can get it to you on the 19th based on your shipping. If you chose 1 day shipping it will leave their site 1 day before the 19th so you receive it on the 19th with 1 days shipping movement." Or something to that effect, didn't record so I can't write verbatim. Also she pointed out that when I pre-ordered the "estimated ship date was by the 19th and you will get it by the 19th so no one will be getting any compensation." I didn't even ask about that so I guess they are getting that question a lot.

You could tell she was angry/frustrated and was trying very hard to stay polite. I only asked 2 questions...
    1. I received shipping info yesterday with a delivery of the 19th. Which would make 2 day shipping a total of 5 days from date of ship. Is the delivery date a mistake or correct?
    2. Then what exactly is the difference between 1 and 2 day shipping?
    By the sound of her tightly controlled voice you would figure I had badgered her for hours with questions and accusations.
    Well maybe just maybe if they had been upfront, we wouldn't asking questions in the first place!!!!
    Herwick and BxChick like this.
    08-15-2016 08:49 AM
    UPDATE. Received my tracking number this morning but my package is being held hostage "future delivery requested" scheduled for 430pm 8/19. "Next day air" yet it takes 5 days ok Verizon. GG
    08-15-2016 08:51 AM
    I called in Verizon for another issue and ended up asking about the 7 just to see what they would say.

I was told "EVERYONE" would receive their phones on the 19th period. Did not matter if you have one day or two day shipping they will arrive on the 19th. When asked about the difference between 1 and 2 day shipping she said, "The phones will ship from the FedEx site FedEx chooses so they can get it to you on the 19th based on your shipping. If you chose 1 day shipping it will leave their site 1 day before the 19th so you receive it on the 19th with 1 days shipping movement." Or something to that effect, didn't record so I can't write verbatim. Also she pointed out that when I pre-ordered the "estimated ship date was by the 19th and you will get it by the 19th so no one will be getting any compensation." I didn't even ask about that so I guess they are getting that question a lot.

You could tell she was angry/frustrated and was trying very hard to stay polite. I only asked 2 questions...
    1. I received shipping info yesterday with a delivery of the 19th. Which would make 2 day shipping a total of 5 days from date of ship. Is the delivery date a mistake or correct?
    2. Then what exactly is the difference between 1 and 2 day shipping?
    By the sound of her tightly controlled voice you would figure I had badgered her for hours with questions and accusations.
    Who did you talk to? If it was just regular customer support then I don't put much weight on what they say.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-15-2016 08:52 AM
    There should not even have been an option to pay for overnight shipping if you get it on the same day as everyone else anyways. I hope they will be refunding those who paid for it!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Kalkarni00 and BxChick like this.
    Just got tracking from VZW site via FedEx. I should get free UPS NDA 10:30. Once I explained this he gave me a ticket number to call FedEx with to see if they can bump up shipping. Not hopeful but fingers crossed.

Kalkarni00 likes this.
    My order (1 of 2) was charged sunday and it also says its being held by fedex for 8/18 delivery. I dont understand it you paid for next day shipping why fedex is holding them for 4 days. But at least i have a tracking numbrr
    I would try to contact Verizon to see if you can get the one day Shipping charge reimbursed
    Anyone who has an 8/18 delivery is winning because most of us are getting held hostage until 8/19 release day.
    08-15-2016 08:54 AM
    Who did you talk to? If it was just regular customer support then I don't put much weight on what they say.
    I was transferred to sales from billing.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-15-2016 08:54 AM
    There should not even have been an option to pay for overnight shipping if you get it on the same day as everyone else anyways. I hope they will be refunding those who paid for it!

Shoot..you know verizon ain't gonna do that
    08-15-2016 08:57 AM
    Well maybe just maybe if they had been upfront, we wouldn't asking questions in the first place!!!!
    Didn't it say the 19th was the date you would receive the phone when you placed the order?
    08-15-2016 09:02 AM
    Didn't it say the 19th was the date you would receive the phone when you placed the order?
    On my confirmation email it did BUT on the website, it said ship by 19
    Allure2323 and BxChick like this.
    08-15-2016 09:04 AM
    I was transferred to sales from billing.
    That's still what I would consider regular customer support.
    Herwick likes this.
    08-15-2016 09:10 AM
    On my confirmation email it did BUT on the website, it said ship by 19
    It will change. Just wait for it :-)

p.s. My status just updated on the website. It used to show "Ship by 8/19". It now shows shipped with a 8/18 arrival date (future delivery). I never got any text from Verizon for those anxiously awaiting the text. Black version.
    Herwick, Kalkarni00 and BxChick like this.
    08-15-2016 09:11 AM
    Everything Herwick said the rep said sounds like it will be true to me. Verizon will ship all our phones to nearby locations, and then they will be held there until the "future delivery request" date. The only exception I would expect is if someone at Verizon when creating the shipping slips may have missed picking the future delivery date option, and those lucky few may get his'/her's early. Anyone who is dreaming that he/she are going to get his/her Verizon phone(s) early after seeing that his/her order has a "future delivery requested" date is going to wake up disappointed.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-15-2016 09:18 AM
    Who else got their tracking number this morning.... I did!
    08-15-2016 09:25 AM
    Got my tracking today, but it does say future date requested. Which is dumb, especially that I picked overnight. I ve never seen Verizon do this. I wonder if it's required by Samsung..

8/18 is the delivery date
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-15-2016 09:27 AM
    It will change. Just wait for it :-)

p.s. My status just updated on the website. It used to show "Ship by 8/19". It now shows shipped with a 8/18 arrival date (future delivery). I never got any text from Verizon for those anxiously awaiting the text. Black version.
    Oh wow...no text or nothing? Let me check and see
    08-15-2016 09:33 AM
    Got my tracking today, but it does say future date requested. Which is dumb, especially that I picked overnight. I ve never seen Verizon do this. I wonder if it's required by Samsung..

8/18 is the delivery date
    Nothing here..just checked on the website and nothing yet
    08-15-2016 09:37 AM
    In the scheme of life does it really matter if the phone comes Wednesday, Thursday or Friday? We will all have our phones by the end of the week.

OK I'll go back to looking at this thread once an hour now lol.
    08-15-2016 09:39 AM
    In the scheme of life does it really matter if the phone comes Wednesday, Thursday or Friday? We will all have our phones by the end of the week.

OK I'll go back to looking at this thread once an hour now lol.
    Lol..silly..just multi tasking here
    BxChick likes this.
    08-15-2016 09:41 AM
    I also got my tracking# this morning, and the package is scheduled for delivery on 8/19. Has anyone actually contacted FedEx to see if they will deliver it earlier, or if it can be picked up at the local hub? I won't be at home on Friday, so it would suck to have to wait till Monday for delivery.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-15-2016 09:48 AM
    Might be a silly question, but once it arrives at my home fedex, couldn't I realistically just go pick it up if it's there before the 19th? Mine is in transit from Memphis today. I live in Nashville.... Figured if it gets to the location today, I can just try picking it up and seeing what happens. Thoughts?
    Kalkarni00 and Allure2323 like this.
    08-15-2016 09:49 AM
    Haha as you sent this I was asking the same question.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-15-2016 09:50 AM
    To answer yours and my question, called fedex. They said once it arrives at home station, you will be allowed to pick it up as long as it is not "containerized". Not sure what that means and couldn't get any clarity. She said "in a container"-- guess there's no way to know if it is or not. Essentially I'm going to see when it arrives and call my local fedex.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-15-2016 09:59 AM
    Looks like mine shipped today from a location 6 miles from my home, but delayed delivery is requested by Vzw so I won't have it until Friday the 19.
    So much for "by the 19th" when I ordered it.
    08-15-2016 09:59 AM
2,795 ... 3738394041 ...