11-29-2016 09:58 AM
2,795 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    Just got tracking from VZW site via FedEx. I should get free UPS NDA 10:30.
    Posted via the Android Central App
    Looks like you have some conflicting information there. First you say FedEx, and then you say UPS. While UPS and USPS sometimes have join shipping I've never heard of FedEx working with UPS to ship packages together.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-15-2016 10:02 AM
    Looks like mine shipped today from a location 6 miles from my home, but delayed delivery is requested by Vzw so I won't have it until Friday the 19.
    So much for "by the 19th" when I ordered it. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...dc974af68a.jpg
    This literally makes ZERO sense. Your delivery date is 8/19. So how is that not "by the 19th"? You knew when you ordered the phone they had until the 19th to get it to you. You also chose free 2day shipping. I paid for overnight and my delivery is showing the 18th. This nitpicking at dates is becoming absurd.
    08-15-2016 10:05 AM
    One of my two blue coral says shipped. 8/19 delivery.. guess I won't be getting it early like my note 5 and s7 edge this time. Damn you Verizon!

S7 edge...Soon to be Note 7!
    BxChick likes this.
    08-15-2016 10:07 AM
    So, because I have nothing better to do right now I called my local FedEx.

He said after a brief hold, "As I understand it", since it is on hold for future delivery I can not pick it up until it "officially" ships for delivery of that day. Basically he said the delivery is the 19th since I have 2 day shipping I can ask it to be held at the local site starting on the 17th. But he said it might not be there until the 19th anyway, but if I really needed it when they opened I could do it. Since there are a lot of people with 1 day I asked about that and he said same thing but instead of the 17th I would be able to ask for a hold on the 18th. He said when I am able to, the customize delivery option will be available on their website or I could call in.

Now, I am thinking if enough people called we would get as many different answers as we are getting with the Verizon reps but for sh*ts and giggles there it is.
    08-15-2016 10:12 AM
    Got my tracking. Scheduled for Thursday by 10:30am as I chose next day AM.
    08-15-2016 10:20 AM
    Got my tracking. Scheduled for Thursday by 10:30am as I chose next day AM.
    That's great. Now the wait begins lol
    08-15-2016 10:21 AM
    Only a few more days guys! We will make it! LOL.
    08-15-2016 10:26 AM
    PayPal fee is about 3%.
    and eBay another 10%
    08-15-2016 10:28 AM

He said after a brief hold, "As I understand it", since it is on hold for future delivery I can not pick it up until it "officially" ships for delivery of that day. Basically he said the delivery is the 19th since I have 2 day shipping I can ask it to be held at the local site starting on the 17th. But he said it might not be there until the 19th anyway, but if I really needed it when they opened I could do it. Since there are a lot of people with 1 day I asked about that and he said same thing but instead of the 17th I would be able to ask for a hold on the 18th. He said when I am able to, the customize delivery option will be available on their website or I could call in.

Now, I am thinking if enough people called we would get as many different answers as we are getting with the Verizon reps but for sh*ts and giggles there it is.
    With every customer service and/or phone support company there can always be one or more people who don't know what they are talking about, misunderstand, or have misinformation, but I don't see that as the case with the FedEx person you spoke with. What he said sounds correct to me, because Verizon requested a specific "future delivery date" they are unable to release the package until that date or else they could face repercussions from Verizon. (Like Verizon corporate deciding that since FedEx can't stick to their agreed upon terms Verizon will no longer ship any packages using FedEx. FedEx corporate doesn't want that, so they order their employees not to release packages before their requested "future delivery date", and if employees violate those conditions they can be fired.)
    Herwick likes this.
    08-15-2016 10:32 AM
    You are going to get it on or by the 19th. I don't understand why whenever a new phone comes out this happens. Verizon never said it would get to you earlier. It's also possible that Samsung doesn't want people to have it until the launch date. Either way, unless you got a date that says anything later than the 19th, you'll have it on or before release date.
    FedEx has recently updated my tracking shipment page to reflect the flooding disaster affecting LA and MS, which of course can cause delays if your from this part of the world.

It really is terrible across the state of LA. Haven't seen any pictures out of MS. Civilians from all over the state are traveling to areas of flooding with boats to rescue victims and animals.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    You are going to get it on or by the 19th. I don't understand why whenever a new phone comes out this happens. Verizon never said it would get to you earlier. It's also possible that Samsung doesn't want people to have it until the launch date. Either way, unless you got a date that says anything later than the 19th, you'll have it on or before release date.
    Right? Lol
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-15-2016 10:36 AM
    UPDATE. Received my tracking number this morning but my package is being held hostage "future delivery requested" scheduled for 430pm 8/19. "Next day air" yet it takes 5 days ok Verizon. GG
    New Thread: Verizon Note 7's being held hostage at Fed Ex. I'm in the club.
    08-15-2016 10:36 AM
    Got my tracking today, but it does say future date requested. Which is dumb, especially that I picked overnight. I ve never seen Verizon do this. I wonder if it's required by Samsung..

8/18 is the delivery date
    Are T Mobile Note 7's out for delivery today?
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-15-2016 10:38 AM
    I somewhat agree with this comment, but there are circumstances to consider. I work a 12 hour shift on Friday so I will be unable to sign for the package. I also live an hour from my local FedEx facility so it will be a burden to make it to the facility before they close on Saturday (if they have Saturday hours at all).
    08-15-2016 10:41 AM
    I got a notification that my Verizon Note7 shipped on 8/13, hoping I see it by Tuesday or Wednesday....
    You wont see it before Thursday maybe.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-15-2016 10:42 AM
    Watch on the 19th, when we all finally get our phones, their servers get a glitch because we re all trying to activate our devices at the same time. Verizon should just let the carriers deliver the phones throughout the week so they don't get bombarded on Friday when stores start to sell them. Just my 2 cents. Carry on! lol
    Herwick, Kalkarni00 and BxChick like this.
    08-15-2016 10:46 AM
    and eBay another 10%
    Swappa is a flat $10 fee.
    08-15-2016 10:49 AM

Verizon usually requires fedex to make one delivery attempt before allowing pickup from a fedex facility. At least that has been my experience in the past
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-15-2016 10:52 AM
    same here
    I somewhat agree with this comment, but there are circumstances to consider. I work a 12 hour shift on Friday so I will be unable to sign for the package. I also live an hour from my local FedEx facility so it will be a burden to make it to the facility before they close on Saturday (if they have Saturday hours at all).
    Honestly that is nobodys issue but your own. You knew the package had to be signed for. You knew it was possible and very possible that the phone would be delivered 8/19. You could have attempted to make arrangments. It's not up to FedEx or Verizon to know your work schedule.
    Kalkarni00 and anon(20073) like this.
    08-15-2016 10:55 AM
    Every phone....... every time.
    Kalkarni00 and AdamHLG like this.
    08-15-2016 11:06 AM
    Are T Mobile Note 7's out for delivery today?
    Yes someone on tmobile thread got theirs today.
    08-15-2016 11:08 AM
    Yes someone on tmobile thread got theirs today.
    He was just kidding sadly
    08-15-2016 11:10 AM
    He was just kidding sadly
    Oh !! oh kids about such things LOL
    08-15-2016 11:14 AM
    Swappa is a flat $10 fee.
    But the seller still incurs the PayPal fee when payment is received.
    08-15-2016 11:15 AM
2,795 ... 3839404142 ...