11-29-2016 09:58 AM
2,795 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    There is a "customize delivery" button, and after that a "sign for package" button. I've used it before, but I wouldn't necessarily use it for a purchase of this high a value. Whoever you talked to at FedEx doesn't know their system very well.
    I referred to that form and was told 'Restricted by sender' that they can't accept that per the sending party.....we'll see if they're right. I changed our cleaning lady's day to be here while I am at an event just in case.
    08-17-2016 08:29 AM
    Folks still seem to be confusing order staging at the nearest hub for 8/19 delivery, and are using the initial shipment status as a starting point for one or two day delivery. Shame on carriers for allowing next day delivery options, since understandably gives the customer the perspective they will get their order a day earlier.

Carriers should not offer next day or two day- IF they are really staging devices at local hubs for 8/19 delivery to customers.
    Well I'll be getting a refund for paying for next day if I don't get my device tomorrow.
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    08-17-2016 08:29 AM
    Folks still seem to be confusing order staging at the nearest hub for 8/19 delivery, and are using the initial shipment status as a starting point for one or two day delivery. Shame on carriers for allowing next day delivery options, since understandably gives the customer the perspective they will get their order a day earlier.

Carriers should not offer next day or two day- IF they are really staging devices at local hubs for 8/19 delivery to customers.
    Not to mention FedEx tracking still shows 8/18 delivery not 8/19.
    08-17-2016 08:30 AM
    08-17-2016 08:35 AM
    Hopefully, for the final time, I rechecked (after first grabbing some coffee) and it is indeed UPS. The tracking number is in the earliest stages of activation. UPS Ground 2; as 'amtrucker22' has just posted. We must've been placed in the same shipping channel. The plot thickens.
    Mine is coming UPS as well. This is a first for a phone ordered through Verizon. I am cool with it though. The UPS truck usually comes before the FedEx truck in my area.
    amtrucker22 and Nostromo79 like this.
    08-17-2016 08:37 AM
    That's how mine shows except 3 pm delivery and its now currently in Linwood, PA (which oddly is more south of Coatsville, PA and I am in upstate NY). I was curious and clicked on the customize delivery option and scheduled delivery. Interestingly they have an option to deliver at the same time window I currently have (8/18 at 3 pm) but charging $10 for it. Not sure what that means but weird.
    08-17-2016 08:39 AM
    So my Fedex tracking updated now says
    8/17/2016 - Wednesday
    2:33 am Shipment information sent to FedEx
    1:33 am At local FedEx facility LINWOOD, PA

They bumped my delivery time from Friday 4:30 p.m. to now Friday at 8 p.m.
    Same here
    08-17-2016 08:42 AM
    So, I reached out to Verizon about the wrong city on my shipping label, and they told me to contact FedEx. And then FedEx told me to contact Verizon because I, the consumer, am not allowed to make changes on this particular shipment. Ughhhhh!

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    Mine is coming UPS as well. This is a first for a phone ordered through Verizon. I am cool with it though. The UPS truck usually comes before the FedEx truck in my area.
    Hear, hear. It's a novelty in my case. I've been with Verizon since late 2006. The shipment of phones with Verizon through the years has been exclusively via FedEx up until now. UPS beats FedEx to-the-door here also. I hope that you enjoy your new smartphone.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    I am curious if it will be the 18th or the 19th...

I have someone at my house until around 1ish on Friday but no one will be there Thursday.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-17-2016 08:43 AM
    I am curious if it will be the 18th or the 19th...

I have someone at my house until around 1ish on Friday but no one will be there Thursday.
    Mine says UPS ground 2nd day so I would imagine it will be the 19th. I have had 2nd day items show up in one day, but it was coming from a shorter distance.
    amtrucker22 likes this.
    08-17-2016 08:46 AM
    Hear, hear. It's a novelty in my case. I've been with Verizon since late 2006. The shipment of phones with Verizon through the years has been exclusively via FedEx up until now. UPS beats FedEx to-the-door here also. I hope that you enjoy your new smartphone.
    Thank you. You as well. I have not even gone to the store to play with it. I have had and loved every Note and I really enjoyed the s7 Edge as well so I am sure this one will be even better. I am hoping I can keep my phone addiction under control and make this one last me until the Note 8 or maybe even the 9.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-17-2016 08:48 AM
    With all the hype around Gorilla Glass 5 on this phone, is a screen protector really necessary?
    Yes, this glass scratches very easy.
    Jacob Ehrenzweig likes this.
    08-17-2016 08:52 AM
    Thank you. You as well. I have not even gone to the store to play with it. I have had and loved every Note and I really enjoyed the s7 Edge as well so I am sure this one will be even better. I am hoping I can keep my phone addiction under control and make this one last me until the Note 8 or maybe even the 9.
    Your appreciation of smartphones reminds me of me. I 'caught the wave' with a Treo 650 nearly a dozen years ago and haven't looked back. I have every phone that I ever purchased dating to May of 2000; they all still work. When Samsung elected to strip the Note 5 of its micro SD slot I 'looked' at LG's V10; then bought two of them. One was for my fiancée as an early Christmas present. The only videos which exist of my fiancée playing with her six-month-old granddaughter are on our V10s (backed-up elsewhere of course). My sweetheart passed away, suddenly, in early April when health issues stemming from surgery in 2011 overtook her. Her V10 is just as she left it on the evening when she died; I charge the battery every couple of weeks but I intend to place it in dry storage at some point. We shared a love of many things which included cool phones. So, as a tribute to her I'm going to visit the places where we were planning to go this summer and take a slew of pictures and video. I don't intend to bring anyone down in my going all maudlin here but with my sweetie and I our devices were an integral part of our trips, ramblings and times together.
    jayp1306, BxChick and Chelsea2910 like this.
    08-17-2016 09:08 AM
    Your appreciation of smartphones reminds me of me. I 'caught the wave' with a Treo 650 nearly a dozen years ago and haven't looked back. I have every phone that I ever purchased dating to May of 2000; they all still work. When Samsung elected to strip the Note 5 of its micro SD slot I 'looked' at LG's V10; then bought two of them. One was for my fiancée as an early Christmas present. The only videos which exist of my fiancée playing with her six-month-old granddaughter are on our V10s (backed-up elsewhere of course). My sweetheart passed away, suddenly, in early April when health issues stemming from surgery in 2011 overtook her. Her V10 is just as she left it on the evening when she died; I charge the battery every couple of weeks but I intend to place it in dry storage at some point. We shared a love of many things which included cool phones. So, as a tribute to her I'm going to visit the places where we were planning to go this summer and take a slew of pictures and video. I don't intend to bring anyone down in my going all maudlin here but with my sweetie and I our devices were an integral part of our trips, ramblings and times together.
    First of all I very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what how hard that was and still is. I do think it is very cool that you will go and visit the places you planned to go. I am confident the Note 7 will capture many amazing photos and videos. Enjoy your Note and I hope you share some of your photos with us from your travels.
    08-17-2016 09:14 AM
    I wouldn't say very easy. Something soft like a standard steel razor blade should be ok. But something hard like sand would probably scratch it.
    gogoplata1980 and cwbcpa like this.
    08-17-2016 09:15 AM
    I am just curious, what makes you say that? Do you have the phone already? I didn't find that the Note 5 or S7 Edge scratched very easily so it would surprise me that the Note 7 would.
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    08-17-2016 09:17 AM
    I wouldn't say very easy. Something soft like a standard steel razor blade should be ok. But something hard like sand would probably scratch it.
    I agree with this. Sand is going to scratch any phone glass, but I certainly would not say the Note 5 or S7 scratched easily so I wouldn't expect the Note 7 to be worse.
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    08-17-2016 09:18 AM
    This looks scary:

Is gorilla glass 5 a faulty product? Scratch… | Samsung Galaxy Note 7
    08-17-2016 09:19 AM
    My first smart phone was the N-Gage. Taco calling was cool!
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-17-2016 09:23 AM
    Omg mine is the same way, everything right on address but city, Wtf
    Is your "new home" a burb of your city?

I am getting the runaround right now, but if my experience of working for the post office is accurate they will go by zip code first followed by street address. You could put "Blankey Island" as the city and still get it...I'm hoping FedEx or Verizon frigging help today otherwise I'm fingers crossed my abhorrent FedEx guy leaves my phone in the driveway again.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    08-17-2016 09:25 AM
    First of all I very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what how hard that was and still is. I do think it is very cool that you will go and visit the places you planned to go. I am confident the Note 7 will capture many amazing photos and videos. Enjoy your Note and I hope you share some of your photos with us from your travels.
    I appreciate your thoughtful affirmation. We're still sorting things out as the grief dissipates naturally. I was a widower going into this relationship. My life has been solidly anchored or 'bookend-ed' in my being privileged to have had a good wife when I was a young fellow and a lovely, caring woman as I grew older. My daughter will join me on several trips, going into the autumn, and she is a smartphone aficionado too; her phone is a Note 5 of all things. Thank you, very much.
    cwbcpa and gogoplata1980 like this.
    08-17-2016 09:28 AM
    Shipment info has been sent to fedex so it ahould be moveing today
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-17-2016 09:29 AM
    Still in Memphis, No movement.
    BxChick likes this.
    08-17-2016 09:29 AM
    Still in Memphis, No movement.
    Did shipment info get sent?
    08-17-2016 09:31 AM
2,795 ... 6162636465 ...