11-29-2016 09:58 AM
2,795 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    Felloffthetruck----At this time tomorrow.. there will be no reason to be upset over shipping anymore the wait is just about over at that point!...
    08-17-2016 12:51 PM
    No movement in Pennsylvania...

or Memphis...
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    08-17-2016 12:52 PM
    Felloffthetruck----At this time tomorrow.. there will be no reason to be upset over shipping anymore the wait is just about over at that point!...
    This has been one looooooog week and it's only Wednesday. Off to check my tracking.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-17-2016 12:53 PM
    Posted via the Android Central App
    08-17-2016 12:58 PM
    My prediction is based on 2 different orders. Mine and a friend. I ordered mine free 2-Day shipping, she 1-Day shipping.

Hers originally was 18th, but changed to the 19th. Mine has always been the 19th. We both have called and been told the same thing by different reps. No one is getting it till the 19th. And at that time, everyone will have it at the same time.

They even gave her a $30 credit back for shipping an an apology for the error on shipping options.

Both are coming to the same town, and mine shows the "Information sent" hers doesn't have it. Not at the time I talked to her this morning anyway.....5:30 am local time.

Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-17-2016 01:06 PM
    Fyi, I had the "Customize Delivery" option available on my FedEx tracking number page, so I switched delivery from my home address to a "Hold for Pickup at Fedex Location" near my house. Three things happened:

1) It worked.
    2) The local Fedex Office store called me confirming they will be receiving the package and for me to pick it up there.
    3) The Fedex woman that called me said my package will be available for pickup after 10:30AM Friday. That is a improvement over the previous "by 8PM" status. She also said there was a chance it could be available tomorrow (Thursday) for pickup but could not promise it.

I had the two day shipping so I'll be surprised if Thursday happens, but getting it in the morning on Friday is nice!

Good luck to all.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-17-2016 01:16 PM
    Here's my "prediction"

Those with 2-Day shipping will see movement overnight at they "START" making thier way to us.

Those with "Next-Day", overnight, 1-Day shipping (whatever), will not see movement till Thursday night- Friday morning (over the night).

Just "MY" prediction.

I would think this would prove to be incorrect. Those with overnight shipping should not be receiving their phones at the same time as 2 day. You are stating that I paid $12 extra to receive my phone at the same time as customers who didn't pay extra. If I don't get my phone tomorrow at some point I will be asking for a refund from Verizon for the shipping. My tracking shows delivery by 8pm tomorrow so I don't know where you are getting your info for predictions.
    08-17-2016 01:21 PM
    I anticipate next day shipping will fly out tonight, arrive in the middle of the night locally delivered to my local fed ex and out on the truck by 7am for delivery... while 2 day will prob fly out tomorrow and a slower process
    This sounds more correct. 2 day won't be seeing their phones (at least most) until Friday.
    08-17-2016 01:22 PM
    I would think this would prove to be incorrect. Those with overnight shipping should not be receiving their phones at the same time as 2 day. You are stating that I paid $12 extra to receive my phone at the same time as customers who didn't pay extra. If I don't get my phone tomorrow at some point I will be asking for a refund from Verizon for the shipping. My tracking shows delivery by 8pm tomorrow so I don't know where you are getting your info for predictions.
    So you would ask Verizon for a refund if you got your phone on the day it launched, the 19th. Expectations of people nowadays are ridiculous.
    08-17-2016 01:23 PM
    So you would ask Verizon for a refund if you got your phone on the day it launched, the 19th. Expectations of people nowadays are ridiculous.
    No, not as long as the people who chose 2 day shipping didn't get their phones until Saturday. Why would I pay extra to receive my phone after people who didn't pay extra? If they all ship out today like we are predicting and like Verizon's site says and my shipping from FedEx shows, then I should have my phone tomorrow. Simple as that. People with 2 day are expecting their phones the 19th, not the 20th.
    Tarah Sorber and Kalkarni00 like this.
    08-17-2016 01:25 PM
    Just so everyone is clear, Verizon phone shipments are coded ISR (indirect signature required). That means the driver has to have a signature and cannot just leave the package.

ISR means they just need a signature, (DSR means direct signature - must be signed for by addressee). Anyone can sign for an ISR - officially, they say the driver should try the neighbors and see if they'll sign for it, but who has time for that? Just leave a door tag and bring it back tomorrow, or they can pick it up at the station when you get back.

If you've ever had FedEx leave a door tag, you've seen the little sticker where you can leave your signature. The driver takes that sticker and puts it on a bar-coded signature sheet, then his heiny is covered when he leaves your package.

I was at a smaller station, but it seemed like at least once a week someone would claim they didn't get their phone - that's on the shipper, folks. If they don't send it ISR (which costs the shipper extra), FedEx is just going to leave it and go.

Everyone expecting their Note 7 needs to plan to somehow get the driver a signature (I'm sure there will be lots of folks angry because FedEx didn't just leave it like they usually do. It's not the driver's call - his power pad won't let him complete the shipment without a signature, again per the shipper's instructions).
    team420 and Kalkarni00 like this.
    08-17-2016 01:26 PM
    No, not as long as the people who chose 2 day shipping didn't get their phones until Saturday. Why would I pay extra to receive my phone after people who didn't pay extra? If they all ship out today like we are predicting and like Verizon's site says and my shipping from FedEx shows, then I should have my phone tomorrow. Simple as that. People with 2 day are expecting their phones the 19th, not the 20th.
    I'll make sure not to park in your VIP parking spot. Oh by the way......I got 2 day shipping and my phone will be here tomorrow. Sleep well tonight.
    08-17-2016 01:28 PM
    I'll make sure not to park in your VIP parking spot. Oh by the way......I got 2 day shipping and my phone will be here tomorrow. Sleep well tonight.
    I'm not sure why your acting like this? Logically what I am saying makes sense, does it not?
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-17-2016 01:29 PM
    You think it will be there tomorrow. I would be willing to bet you may receive another update and change of delivery date. But maybe not. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones that get it early.
    WyDave likes this.
    08-17-2016 01:31 PM
    Well the phones will start moving towards their actual destinations this evening...
    And the bright side is that the t-mobile preorders haven't shipped yet either and we won't have to hear any gloating about getting their phones a week early......
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-17-2016 01:32 PM
    Here's my "prediction"

Those with 2-Day shipping will see movement overnight at they "START" making thier way to us.

Those with "Next-Day", overnight, 1-Day shipping (whatever), will not see movement till Thursday night- Friday morning (over the night).

Just "MY" prediction.

I have overnight and I have a scheduled delivery for Thursday by noon.
    08-17-2016 01:35 PM
    You all paid for "OVERNIGHT" shipping. Not "Get my phone ahead of others".

As I stated, my prediction is based on two orders to the same town. Yes overnight happens all the time (it's not a remote town).

If you get it tomorrow GREAT. But my friend got a refund and then sum ($30) for the apology that NO ONE is getting it till the 19th.

Guess we'll all just be sitting here till late tonight / early morning (depending where you live) watching for REAL movement.

08-17-2016 01:38 PM
    On those days when I have waited on a package that was a first day release. I waited all day and it didn't get here until 8pm I hope Fri is different
    08-17-2016 01:40 PM
    Finally got my tracking number through UPS. Tracking info isn't available yet.
    08-17-2016 01:41 PM
    I'm not sure why your acting like this? Logically what I am saying makes sense, does it not?
    What your saying makes sense. If you paid for the 1 day shipping you should indeed get it a day early. If not id want a refund as well because then its technically not 1 day shipping if your getting it the same time as the free 2 day shipping... If you do indeed get yours tomorrow id love to see a picture!
    08-17-2016 01:41 PM
    You all paid for "OVERNIGHT" shipping. Not "Get my phone ahead of others".

As I stated, my prediction is based on two orders to the same town. Yes overnight happens all the time (it's not a remote town).

If you get it tomorrow GREAT. But my friend got a refund and then sum ($30) for the apology that NO ONE is getting it till the 19th.

Guess we'll all just be sitting here till late tonight / early morning (depending where you live) watching for REAL movement.

Lol with that logic anyone who didn't pay for overnight should be receiving on Saturday then right? Or Monday since 2 day probably doesn't deliver on Saturday. It just makes zero sense to me. Why would I go and pay for expedited shipping when I could receive it at the same time for free? I didn't say it entitled me to get it before launch day, but I should receive it before 2 day shipments get theirs. Especially when I'm only 6 hours from Memphis.
    08-17-2016 01:43 PM
    Finally got my tracking number through UPS. Tracking info isn't available yet.
    Check your Verizon invoice for a FedEx tracking number. I have both a FedEx and ups, and the ups has not been available.
    08-17-2016 01:44 PM
    What your saying makes sense. If you paid for the 1 day shipping you should indeed get it a day early. If not id want a refund as well because then its technically not 1 day shipping if your getting it the same time as the free 2 day shipping... If you do indeed get yours tomorrow id love to see a picture!
    Thank you, and I will indeed post a picture!
    08-17-2016 01:44 PM
    Check your Verizon invoice for a FedEx tracking number. I have both a FedEx and ups, and the ups has not been available.
    I'll look into it, but them using ups might be because I work for them. I read a vzw employee comment that on their community forums but I don't know how true it is. My tablet in may shipped via ups as well so we'll see. It just shipped so tracking isn't available yet. Either way, I'm glad it finally shipped.
    08-17-2016 01:53 PM
    I know it's a weird question......but what is everyone's shipping weight?
    08-17-2016 01:54 PM
2,795 ... 6566676869 ...