11-29-2016 09:58 AM
2,795 ... 979899100101 ...
tools
    I'm worried about mine for tomorrow. At least you got it.
    I have another 24 hours of pain & suffering over here.
    08-18-2016 06:39 PM
    I'm worried about mine for tomorrow. At least you got it.
    I have another 24 hours of pain & suffering over here.
    Would it make you feel better if I didn't open it until tomorrow after you? I'm so exhausted and dirty I probably won't anyway.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    Jaycemiskel and Kalkarni00 like this.
    08-18-2016 06:40 PM
    I talked with FED Ex. Not in AZ yet. Could have by 4:30 tomorrow

Posted via the Android Central App
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-18-2016 06:44 PM
    Would it make you feel better if I didn't open it until tomorrow after you? I'm so exhausted and dirty I probably won't anyway.

That would definitely make me feel better. Can't pick mine up until tomorrow thanks to Best Buy. Guess this time around it was better to order from Verizon smh. I think for my s7 edge I beat all the Verizon people.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-18-2016 06:49 PM
    Well FedEx really pushed it. My by 8 delivery just arrived. 12 minutes to spare. The more nerve-racking part was the lack of a scan to the truck. Also, interestingly, the driver put the box on my step, rang the bell and left. No signature. Guess he was in a hurry.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-18-2016 06:49 PM
    Could have, yes. Should have? No necessarily. Did you purchase 1-day or 2-day delivery. If you asked for 2-day delivery, how can you be upset? You are getting what you paid for. Earllier order does not change the delivery method you chose. Getting it early at that point is more about luck and delivery logistics. A big part of the reason 2-day delivery is cheaper is it gives FedEx the flexibility to move packages around on their schedule. Asking FedEx to layer in the order they were purchased takes some flexibility out of their system and would increase the overall costs.

I am consistently amazed by how entitled people are, and how upset people are when they get exactly what they ordered. I get the disappointment of not being inthe 'lucky crowd' of 2-day that got next day, but getting pissed at verizon . . .If it was that important, you should have ordered 1-day.
    You are of course correct that I am getting exactly what I ordered when I was told to expect it, and I have been and will continue to be fine with that - I expect it will be a great phone on a great network. I am happy to concede that point.

Several pages back, a poster showed the N7 they just received today that they ordered on 8/15 and selected 2 day shipping, just like I did on 8/2. My initial post on the matter said how awesome that felt to see that, and your reply was 'people may not like it, but it's the way it is'.

I'm asserting that indeed they should have ensured those who ordered early received them early- it would have been the right thing to do.
    Were they under any contractual obligation to? No.
    Would it have been more of a hassle and possible expense? Yes.
    Did I expect them to? Of course not.
    Am I "pissed"(your word) at them? No, just disappointed, and sharing that disappointment with others on this forum in the same circumstance. (Hint - that's one of the things we use online forums for)

Look, maybe you just get off on trolling forums and telling disappointed people 'too bad, so sad", or maybe you are some sort of representative at VW tasked with defending their practices on social media.
    If it's the former, you win! Here's your gold star!
    If the latter, accusations of entitlement and calling your customers "pissed" might not be the best way to get the job done, champ.
    Try this 'sorry to hear you're disappointed by this situation - I think if I heard about someone getting their phone a day earlier than me when they ordered it 13 days after me, I'd be disapointed too. As you can imagine, a roll-out of this scale is a pretty big logistical undertaking, and while everyone here tries to do their best, things of this type are bound to occur. All I can say is we'll try to get better. Thanks again for your continued patronage!'

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new N7 (if that's even why you're on this forum). I expect I will enjoy mine... tomorrow;-) You have a great weekend, okay?
    08-18-2016 06:51 PM
    You are of course correct that I am getting exactly what I ordered when I was told to expect it, and I have been and will continue to be fine with that - I expect it will be a great phone on a great network. I am happy to concede that point.

Several pages back, a poster showed the N7 they just received today that they ordered on 8/15 and selected 2 day shipping, just like I did on 8/2. My initial post on the matter said how awesome that felt to see that, and your reply was 'people may not like it, but it's the way it is'.

I'm asserting that indeed they should have ensured those who ordered early received them early- it would have been the right thing to do.

Look, maybe you just get off on trolling forums and telling disappointed people 'too bad, so sad", or maybe you are some sort of representative at VW tasked with defending their practices on social media.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new N7 (if that's even why you're on this forum). I expect I will enjoy mine... tomorrow;-) You have a great weekend, okay?
    My response was a little more considered than "that is the way it is". It involve shipping logistics and the way the system works. We just disagree, and that is fine. I have expressed my opinion, you yours.

I am hardly trolling, and I am not with VZW, just for the record. I did not say to bad, so sad. I explained the reasoning behind it and the cost structure. I understand supply chains and how these things work to a degree. I was trying to help folks reading understand why these things are the way they are. You think there should be more effort put in, I don't agree. It is not a big deal.

I am trying to enjoy my N7, which just arrived, but I cannot get the friggin thing to activate. I may have to drive to a stronger signal??? not sure.
    Kalkarni00 and Schlubbe like this.
    08-18-2016 07:20 PM
    And forgive my nasty appearance. I've been detailing a car in 95 degree heat.

Who cares? You got your phone
    08-18-2016 07:21 PM
    Mine departed Memphis at 5:20 p.m. yesterday and hasn't been updated since. Am I the only one?
    I am in the same boat...
    08-18-2016 07:28 PM
    I talked with FED Ex. Not in AZ yet. Could have by 4:30 tomorrow
    I am in AZ too and I sure hope so!! Still no update on FedEx site.
    08-18-2016 07:40 PM
    I am in the same boat...
    At least I'm not alone. I was worried that mine had fallen off the truck or something. Fingers crossed that we're still set for tomorrow.
    k.scott likes this.
    08-18-2016 07:54 PM

Yes, you will. And I bet you already have!
    08-18-2016 08:04 PM
    Yes, you will. And I bet you already have!
    Nope. Still holding strong. A storm is brewing so I have to go save my plants at the moment.

08-18-2016 08:05 PM
    Got mine in today and activated!!! Wish the ones that didnt had gotten urz today also.
    08-18-2016 08:10 PM
    Ordered mine Wednesday morning and it will be here tomorrow. I'll be watching my e-mail for a delivery notification so I can use my lunch break to go home and put the box inside.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-18-2016 08:15 PM
    Felloffthetruck! I know I said I'd wait for you, but I just remembered that dang Samsung Promotion. 'Fraid I'm leaving you behind tonight, my love.

08-18-2016 08:28 PM
    Mine has left Jersey and should be in route to my local hub as we speak. Hopefully I'll receive it without incident tomorrow.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-18-2016 08:46 PM
    I am loving this iris scanner
    jboogie1289 and BxChick like this.
    08-18-2016 08:55 PM
    Talk about BS, it landed in Newark, NJ this morning and it departed and landed back in Newark. WTF! If they wanted it delayed, they should had at least leave it in the hub. Did they take off and land back in the same destination? Still scheduled for 8pm tomm. but this is getting ridiculous. Newark is like half an hour away...

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering & Shipping Information-screen-shot-2016-08-18-9.55.02-pm.png
    08-18-2016 08:57 PM
    Felloffthetruck! I know I said I'd wait for you, but I just remembered that dang Samsung Promotion. 'Fraid I'm leaving you behind tonight, my love.

Yea, The sooner you get that in the better.
    08-18-2016 09:01 PM
    My coworker here at the Plant ordered his Note 7 on 8/15 and got it today (he switched to AT&T). I ordered my phone on 8/5 and I'm still waiting. It's hilarious that some have gotten lucky early (on 2 Day free shipping) and I'm waiting but it is what it is.They said 8/19 and dammit, that's when it's gonna be. Tomorrow will be it for me and hopefully I can get it before I go in on my nightshift.

mustang8918 and Kalkarni00 like this.
    08-18-2016 09:13 PM
    I think all that got their N7s before the intended 8/19 should box em' up until tomorrow
    camoko and jboogie1289 like this.
    08-18-2016 09:15 PM
    Yea, The sooner you get that in the better.
    If it makes you feel any better it looks like crap against my blue bedspread, and the rose gold is not what I was expecting. It's not as vibrant as I was expecting.

08-18-2016 09:17 PM
    Mine departed Memphis at 5:20 p.m. yesterday and hasn't been updated since.
    I am in AZ too and I sure hope so!! Still no update on FedEx site.
    Mine has left Jersey and should be in route to my local hub as we speak.
    Talk about BS, it landed in Newark, NJ this morning and it departed and landed back in Newark.
    Last know location of mine was "Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN" still a 4+ hour flight from being remotely close.

That would definitely make me feel better. Can't pick mine up until tomorrow thanks to Best Buy. Guess this time around it was better to order from Verizon smh. I think for my s7 edge I beat all the Verizon people.
    You'll never know. Some people got their's today, and some people may not get their's until 8pm tomorrow night. You'll get your's after the people who recieved them today, but before many of the people getting them tomorrow (depending on what time you plan to pick your's up).

I think if I heard about someone getting their phone a day earlier than me when they ordered it 13 days after me, I'd be disapointed too.
    I expect I will enjoy mine... tomorrow;-) ?
    I concur with you that with all the constant talk from Verizon (Samsung and anyone else related to the future delivery date decision) that "no one" would get their phones before the release date, and then people who "pre-ordered" late got their phones before people who pre-ordered weeks before wasn't morally right, nor good for business. Maybe things will improve after Ronan Dunne takes over as President of Verizon Wireless next month (or maybe they will not). It seems like there are positive things being said about him, and apparently customer satisfaction greatly increased under his directive at his previous UK phone company after he took over. I'm not currently happy with the state of Verizon Wireless (with them not charging people properly, and this shipping situation among other things). I'd like to think positively and hope that things improve instead of staying as they are or getting worse.
    I'll be waiting just as you tomorrow for my phone to arrive.

I got a message on my answering machine from FedEx Express saying that I have a package being delivered tomorrow, and that someone will have to sign for it, but also saying if no one would be there that I could leave a note at the door that the package could be left. Anyone else get a similar phone call from FedEx?
    the real batman likes this.
    08-18-2016 09:23 PM
    I've been playing with this phone since 2:30. Time to put it down and go nite nite.....
    I'm very impressed and satisfied with the device, including the choice of getting blue....
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    08-18-2016 09:28 PM
2,795 ... 979899100101 ...