Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering & Shipping Information

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
So, because I have nothing better to do right now I called my local FedEx.

He said after a brief hold, "As I understand it", since it is on hold for future delivery I can not pick it up until it "officially" ships for delivery of that day. Basically he said the delivery is the 19th since I have 2 day shipping I can ask it to be held at the local site starting on the 17th. But he said it might not be there until the 19th anyway, but if I really needed it when they opened I could do it. Since there are a lot of people with 1 day I asked about that and he said same thing but instead of the 17th I would be able to ask for a hold on the 18th. He said when I am able to, the customize delivery option will be available on their website or I could call in.

Now, I am thinking if enough people called we would get as many different answers as we are getting with the Verizon reps but for sh*ts and giggles there it is.

With every customer service and/or phone support company there can always be one or more people who don't know what they are talking about, misunderstand, or have misinformation, but I don't see that as the case with the FedEx person you spoke with. What he said sounds correct to me, because Verizon requested a specific "future delivery date" they are unable to release the package until that date or else they could face repercussions from Verizon. (Like Verizon corporate deciding that since FedEx can't stick to their agreed upon terms Verizon will no longer ship any packages using FedEx. FedEx corporate doesn't want that, so they order their employees not to release packages before their requested "future delivery date", and if employees violate those conditions they can be fired.)

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
You are going to get it on or by the 19th. I don't understand why whenever a new phone comes out this happens. Verizon never said it would get to you earlier. It's also possible that Samsung doesn't want people to have it until the launch date. Either way, unless you got a date that says anything later than the 19th, you'll have it on or before release date.

Clmc84

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
FedEx has recently updated my tracking shipment page to reflect the flooding disaster affecting LA and MS, which of course can cause delays if your from this part of the world.

It really is terrible across the state of LA. Haven't seen any pictures out of MS. Civilians from all over the state are traveling to areas of flooding with boats to rescue victims and animals.

Last edited:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You are going to get it on or by the 19th. I don't understand why whenever a new phone comes out this happens. Verizon never said it would get to you earlier. It's also possible that Samsung doesn't want people to have it until the launch date. Either way, unless you got a date that says anything later than the 19th, you'll have it on or before release date.

Right? Lol

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering & Shipping Information

Got my tracking today, but it does say future date requested. Which is dumb, especially that I picked overnight. I ve never seen Verizon do this. I wonder if it's required by Samsung..

8/18 is the delivery date

Are T Mobile Note 7's out for delivery today?

rx76onu

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I somewhat agree with this comment, but there are circumstances to consider. I work a 12 hour shift on Friday so I will be unable to sign for the package. I also live an hour from my local FedEx facility so it will be a burden to make it to the facility before they close on Saturday (if they have Saturday hours at all).

Jvazquez930

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Watch on the 19th, when we all finally get our phones, their servers get a glitch because we re all trying to activate our devices at the same time. Verizon should just let the carriers deliver the phones throughout the week so they don't get bombarded on Friday when stores start to sell them. Just my 2 cents. Carry on! lol

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So, because I have nothing better to do right now I called my local FedEx.

He said after a brief hold, "As I understand it", since it is on hold for future delivery I can not pick it up until it "officially" ships for delivery of that day. Basically he said the delivery is the 19th since I have 2 day shipping I can ask it to be held at the local site starting on the 17th. But he said it might not be there until the 19th anyway, but if I really needed it when they opened I could do it. Since there are a lot of people with 1 day I asked about that and he said same thing but instead of the 17th I would be able to ask for a hold on the 18th. He said when I am able to, the customize delivery option will be available on their website or I could call in.

Now, I am thinking if enough people called we would get as many different answers as we are getting with the Verizon reps but for sh*ts and giggles there it is.
Verizon usually requires fedex to make one delivery attempt before allowing pickup from a fedex facility. At least that has been my experience in the past

PorkPistol

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
same here

I somewhat agree with this comment, but there are circumstances to consider. I work a 12 hour shift on Friday so I will be unable to sign for the package. I also live an hour from my local FedEx facility so it will be a burden to make it to the facility before they close on Saturday (if they have Saturday hours at all).

Honestly that is nobodys issue but your own. You knew the package had to be signed for. You knew it was possible and very possible that the phone would be delivered 8/19. You could have attempted to make arrangments. It's not up to FedEx or Verizon to know your work schedule.