Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering & Shipping Information

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Love the fact that this thing is all black. Now that its set up it has to charge. Actually once fedex gets the package they can deliver it at any time. Mine said 8.19 on the yellow sticker. Guess it depends on the area and if they can hold that many packages. Mine can't.

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Signing off for the day. I'm kinda angry I have to be held prisoner in my house by FedEx because Verizon won't let me sign for it online. Pah.

On to constructive activities.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

At least it's that. I'm still trying to figure out what "Delivery Exception" means and why my FedEx Tracking Manager is RED!! But hopefully I'll have it tomorrow before my last graveyard shift and will get to spend the weekend with it, getting it lined out! Enjoy your new toy!

Posted via the Android Central App

Josephjsmith1985

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
FED EX SCREWED ME!!!

So, at 718 am this morning my phone was put on a truck to be delivered to me today before 8 pm.
I spoke to fed ex around 430 just to make sure everything was all good. I had left a note on my door stating to leave my fed ex package here please and signed it (which is what they told me to do when I talked to them 2 days ago). When I asked the representative today about If everything was moving smoothly she asked, did you leave a fed ex signed waiver.... uh... NO! You guys said I could just leave a note with my signature. She tells me that will not be sufficent.... so I say ok I'm 10 minutes from home I'll go home and meet him. I ask her if I miss him in that 10 minute window will they have him come back. She says yes, just call us back. So about 3 freakin minutes from the house I pass the fed ex truck... and then about 1 minute later I recieve an update. Saying my phone was not delivered due to no signature. I call them back, while chasing him down. I hold for 30 minutes and lose him in a gated factory. They tell me they are call in him. I wait another 20 minutes. They finally come back and tell me the phone was never on the truck and can't be delivered until tomorrow. I LOST IT! We went round and round.
Finally I said well I'll just pick it up in the morning at the hub. They tell me no, said that they have to make a delivery attempt 1st. I said ok, well what do you consider today? She wouldn't budge. They whole time they were telling me the phone was never on the truck but in the heat of the argument she said "when he scanned it to deliver he realized it wasn't supposed to be delivered until tomorrow". I said ohhh so it was on the truck? She fell silent. Bottom line, they told me to suck a lemon. Screw FED EX! I will use ups from now on. Congrats to those who got their note 7s today. I will no finish my night with the ultimate case of blueballs....

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Saying it's just the way it is constitutes a total abrogation of responsibility on Verizon's part. Don't try to pass it off on FedEx, just admit that Verizon could have easily ensured that people who order first get delivery first. They could have, but that would require someone to give a damn about making things right for the customer. I have more than a passing acquaintance with delivery logistics, and I know that my phone that was picked up Monday morning could and should have been in my hands right now.

It's clear that Verizon has no impetus to make this roll out equitable, and as their's is the best network in my area they are in no danger of losing my business, but this is a clear cut instance of a company opting for 'good enough' over doing what is right. I get it, this is shareholder-value driven corporate America, and you can likely show on a spreadsheet or pie-chart how doing what is right would have cost too much, and what are the customers gonna do about anyways? Switch to Cricket wireless? Bwah ha ha...

My point, I suppose, is that when not doing the right thing because it's too hard becomes modus operandi at the top level, it tells everyone in the organization that it's just the way we do things here. Pretty soon, contempt for customers from the top turns in to contempt for customers at every level of the company. They could have done the right thing, but chose not to.

'folks may not like it, but that's just the way it is' = we're too big to care about our customers

I'm sure that's a recipe for long term success

Could have, yes. Should have? No necessarily. Did you purchase 1-day or 2-day delivery. If you asked for 2-day delivery, how can you be upset? You are getting what you paid for. Earllier order does not change the delivery method you chose. Getting it early at that point is more about luck and delivery logistics. A big part of the reason 2-day delivery is cheaper is it gives FedEx the flexibility to move packages around on their schedule. Asking FedEx to layer in the order they were purchased takes some flexibility out of their system and would increase the overall costs.

I am consistently amazed by how entitled people are, and how upset people are when they get exactly what they ordered. I get the disappointment of not being inthe 'lucky crowd' of 2-day that got next day, but getting pissed at verizon . . .If it was that important, you should have ordered 1-day.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
FED EX SCREWED ME!!!

So, at 718 am this morning my phone was put on a truck to be delivered to me today before 8 pm.
I spoke to fed ex around 430 just to make sure everything was all good. I had left a note on my door stating to leave my fed ex package here please and signed it (which is what they told me to do when I talked to them 2 days ago). When I asked the representative today about If everything was moving smoothly she asked, did you leave a fed ex signed waiver.... uh... NO! You guys said I could just leave a note with my signature. She tells me that will not be sufficent.... so I say ok I'm 10 minutes from home I'll go home and meet him. I ask her if I miss him in that 10 minute window will they have him come back. She says yes, just call us back. So about 3 freakin minutes from the house I pass the fed ex truck... and then about 1 minute later I recieve an update. Saying my phone was not delivered due to no signature. I call them back, while chasing him down. I hold for 30 minutes and lose him in a gated factory. They tell me they are call in him. I wait another 20 minutes. They finally come back and tell me the phone was never on the truck and can't be delivered until tomorrow. I LOST IT! We went round and round.
Finally I said well I'll just pick it up in the morning at the hub. They tell me no, said that they have to make a delivery attempt 1st. I said ok, well what do you consider today? She wouldn't budge. They whole time they were telling me the phone was never on the truck but in the heat of the argument she said "when he scanned it to deliver he realized it wasn't supposed to be delivered until tomorrow". I said ohhh so it was on the truck? She fell silent. Bottom line, they told me to suck a lemon. Screw FED EX! I will use ups from now on. Congrats to those who got their note 7s today. I will no finish my night with the ultimate case of blueballs....

Damn that sucks. I swear all this transparency that companies creates these days causes more stress. Remember when we were in the dark on this stuff and packages that arrived were a surprise?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well to be honest, nobody should have gotten phones today, release date is the 19th. The reason most paid for overnight shipping was so if it wouldn't ship till Friday the 19th they would get it Saturday.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Well to be honest, nobody should have gotten phones today, release date is the 19th. The reason most paid for overnight shipping was so if it wouldn't ship till Friday the 19th they would get it Saturday.

No, when I ordered it was delivery BY the 19th, no matter the choice I made.I was not worried about a Satruday delivery. I got next day with the hope it would come 1 day sooner.