Why are so many people making it a big deal about the battery capacity because it's "only" 3500 mAh?

What we should be worried about is the proper coding and optimization of applications versus the mAh.

Look at iPhone. iPhone have always had smaller batteries in comparison; however, the software and hardware are combined to work in tandem, which in turn boasted an even, if not better battery runtime versus comparable Anroids.

While it may be a bit different for Android based phones, it doesn't excuse the developers for poorly coded apps that sip away at these "bigger" batteries.

I'm sure the new hardware and software optimizations in the Note 7 should be more than enough. I'm still running a Note 4. Popped a brand new battery and average 1-2 days runtime with an average of 4-5 hours of SoT.

I'm holding off because at this point where I have a new battery, there is no real reason to upgrade for my use. Facebook, Tweeting taking pics, texting, Web browsing and listening to music is all I use my phone for. A Note 7 really isn't going to do much more for me in terms of that. But that's another story...

For those skipping the phone just because the battery is 3500 mAh...

Why?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-02-2016 02:49 PM
    Not sure. I believe it will be fine.
    08-02-2016 02:55 PM
    Because it's 2016 and folks like to complain instead of finding more productive things to do.
    Preach2k and dsignori like this.
    08-02-2016 02:58 PM
    Why are so many people making it a big deal about the battery capacity because it's "only" 3500 mAh?

What we should be worried about is the proper coding and optimization of applications versus the mAh.

Look at iPhone. iPhone have always had smaller batteries in comparison; however, the software and hardware are combined to work in tandem, which in turn boasted an even, if not better battery runtime versus comparable Anroids.

While it may be a bit different for Android based phones, it doesn't excuse the developers for poorly coded apps that sip away at these "bigger" batteries.

I'm sure the new hardware and software optimizations in the Note 7 should be more than enough. I'm still running a Note 4. Popped a brand new battery and average 1-2 days runtime with an average of 4-5 hours of SoT.

I'm holding off because at this point where I have a new battery, there is no real reason to upgrade for my use. Facebook, Tweeting taking pics, texting, Web browsing and listening to music is all I use my phone for. A Note 7 really isn't going to do much more for me in terms of that. But that's another story...

For those skipping the phone just because the battery is 3500 mAh...

Why?

Curious where you got your spare batteries? I had quite a few of them from different sources (except directly from Samsung) and they all sucked.
    08-02-2016 03:12 PM
    I get mine from Anker. They are like OEM or better.

Simon_y7 likes this.
    08-02-2016 03:20 PM
    I have one Samsung and an Anker one. The Anker one seems to outperform the Samsung a bit, though the Samsung one is still good.

I'm really going to miss being able to replace the battery on my own, other than that, I'm starting to crave the updated Touchwiz and Theme Store.

Does anyone remember the general consensus of the Note 4 vs Note 5 battery runtime? Sure the Note 5 has a slightly smaller capacity, but did it make any difference at all?

08-02-2016 03:49 PM
    I have one Samsung and an Anker one. The Anker one seems to outperform the Samsung a bit, though the Samsung one is still good.

I'm really going to miss being able to replace the battery on my own, other than that, I'm starting to crave the updated Touchwiz and Theme Store.

Does anyone remember the general consensus of the Note 4 vs Note 5 battery runtime? Sure the Note 5 has a slightly smaller capacity, but did it make any difference at all?

For me it made a world of difference in the worse way. My 5 was trash. Some claimed otherwise. But it's irrelevant here because the battery in the 7 is bigger than the 4 and 5.
    08-02-2016 04:01 PM