Any news on getting one unlocked ?

Pricing, Availability Anything ?

G5 but I should have gotten a Moto X PE
    08-02-2016 06:23 PM
    I'd like to know too. IF there is one coming out I'd just buy it from Best Buy instead of getting a carrier one with bloatware.
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Probably be around 3 months from now I bet.
    08-02-2016 07:18 PM
    Are you referring to the usa specific unlocked or the international unlocked?
    08-02-2016 07:52 PM
    I'd like to know too. IF there is one coming out I'd just buy it from Best Buy instead of getting a carrier one with bloatware.
    Same here. I was set to buy a bloated S7 Edge, then Samsung just turned me upside down with releasing it unlocked. Seeing the Note 7, this is even better.
    08-02-2016 08:17 PM
    US unlocked will be some three months away since Samsung still bends over back to crappy carriers.

If you want immediate unlocked, get the international version which releases in September. It's the better version processor wise but Samsung pay may not work and no warranty (though never had to use for any of my phones till date)

Personally buying T-Mobile version for now and decide later if I want to switch to unlocked.
    beh likes this.
    08-02-2016 09:47 PM
    US unlocked will be some three months away since Samsung still bends over back to crappy carriers.

If you want immediate unlocked, get the international version which releases in September. It's the better version processor wise but Samsung pay may not work and no warranty (though never had to use for any of my phones till date)

Personally buying T-Mobile version for now and decide later if I want to switch to unlocked.
    You can get warranty through b&h if you buy from them
    08-02-2016 10:05 PM
    Also you won't get usa promotions like free 256gb microSD card or gear fit 2 or 1 year netflix
    08-02-2016 10:08 PM
    You can get warranty through b&h if you buy from them
    Personally I feel buying additional warranty or insurance is a rip off. But I can see for some it's peace of mind. The amount of money I have saved not buying additional phone insurance over years will cover if something happens to my phone that's not in warranty for any reason.
    08-02-2016 10:38 PM
    Personally I feel buying additional warranty or insurance is a rip off. But I can see for some it's peace of mind. The amount of money I have saved not buying additional phone insurance over years will cover if something happens to my phone that's not in warranty for any reason.
    B&h includes it in the price.
    08-02-2016 10:54 PM
    B&h includes it in the price.
    That's nice, plus no sales tax outside NY is a bonus too
    08-02-2016 10:55 PM
    My question is this I pre ordered through samsung.com and basically it lets you select color, carrier, and free gift once you do that it checks you out mine came to 898.00 I elected to get the 1 day shipping. Since it charged me the cost no carrier plan through att is this unlocked carrier branded or is it locked to ATT I just paid cost vs if i had gone to att site and selected next plan or some other crappy contract type set up. Money is no issue I want to pay the full amount just checking to see if the one from samsung site is unlocked?
    08-03-2016 01:04 AM
    My question is this I pre ordered through samsung.com and basically it lets you select color, carrier, and free gift once you do that it checks you out mine came to 898.00 I elected to get the 1 day shipping. Since it charged me the cost no carrier plan through att is this unlocked carrier branded or is it locked to ATT I just paid cost vs if i had gone to att site and selected next plan or some other crappy contract type set up. Money is no issue I want to pay the full amount just checking to see if the one from samsung site is unlocked?
    All you did was you just bought an AT&T branded phone from Samsung.com for full retail. It's still locked to At&t, but you can call them to get the unlock code since you paid full retail. But it's still an at&t branded phone and you will be receiving updates from at&t even though it's sim unlocked.

The non carrier unlocked model is still not announced, and if we go by S7 trend it'll be released some three months later.
    08-03-2016 01:11 AM
    Btw do they charge sales tax if you order from Samsung website? Here in Florida we don't have a Samsung store.
    08-03-2016 01:47 AM
    Btw do they charge sales tax if you order from Samsung website? Here in Florida we don't have a Samsung store.
    Yes they do it was 72 dollars I am in Texas.
    08-03-2016 02:24 AM
    All you did was you just bought an AT&T branded phone from Samsung.com for full retail. It's still locked to At&t, but you can call them to get the unlock code since you paid full retail. But it's still an at&t branded phone and you will be receiving updates from at&t even though it's sim unlocked.

The non carrier unlocked model is still not announced, and if we go by S7 trend it'll be released some three months later.
    Dang it i am going to cancel then as I really don't want to wait on att plus I think the exynos version will be international vs the Qualcomm man this sucks that 256gb card is expensive a great gift trade offs what of what do I do.
    08-03-2016 02:26 AM
    Are you referring to the usa specific unlocked or the international unlocked?
    I don't really know the difference tbh. I just want a phone without bloatware. That I can use on any carriers network.

LG G5, but ouch I'm regretting it
    08-03-2016 05:03 AM
    I don't really know the difference tbh. I just want a phone without bloatware. That I can use on any carriers network.

LG G5, but ouch I'm regretting it
    You would have to get the international unlocked when it releases in September. As of now only carrier phones with bloat will be available in the US.
    08-03-2016 08:33 AM
    If there is an unlocked version available it probably won't be for a few months. There's likely a period of exclusivity with the carriers here in the states. The same happened with the s7.
    08-03-2016 08:41 AM
    Yes they do it was 72 dollars I am in Texas.

So it would be the same ordering it from Samsung or the carrier. I wonder which one ships faster? I would think directly from Samsung since they probably got more in stock.
    08-03-2016 08:48 AM
    So it would be the same ordering it from Samsung or the carrier. I wonder which one ships faster? I would think directly from Samsung since they probably got more in stock.
    Through samsung you pay full retail no plan offering or payment breakouts if you are good with that it's probably better to buy directly through samsung.
    08-03-2016 09:08 AM