OtterBox Defender Note 7.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Rugged Galaxy Note7 | Defender Series | OtterBox

I don't know if I totally dig it. it looks kind of thin protection wise to past defenders especially for $60 is what the stores will sell them for too and Amazon will charge that too when it first comes out.

I might order a Supcase this week just in case I don't like what it looks like in person, then order a Otterbox knock off when those come out since they're a lot cheaper but still will be more protection than the Unicorn Beetle.

I would hope after a few weeks Amazon knocks the price down on it so I can walk into best buy and get a price match.

Do you all plan on ripping out the built in screen protector on it and going naked even though it will be hard to find screen protectors due to the curved screen?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
These newer Defender's are built much nicer than Defender's of the past. This one has the full rubber liner inside of the back shell like the one for the S7 does. I've had Defenders for every phone in the past several years and these latest ones are the best so far.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
These newer Defender's are built much nicer than Defender's of the past. This one has the full rubber liner inside of the back shell like the one for the S7 does. I've had Defenders for every phone in the past several years and these latest ones are the best so far.

The screen protectors are still trash though. I mean how is it the generic Defender knock offs have a better screen protector and Supcase also is better and fits more flush with the screen yet the Otterbox doesn't and it cost a lot.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I always ripped out the screen protectors and used a tempered glass on the phones.

Blues, you going to break down and order the Note 7?

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I love the otterbox defender cases, I get them for all of my note smartphones and the holster is a bonus IMHO

Posted via the Android Central App

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I always ripped out the screen protectors and used a tempered glass on the phones.

Blues, you going to break down and order the Note 7?

Yea or just buy it in stores later this month. I'm still considering waiting for an unlocked version or see what the V20 offers. I won't buy the phone until I have a good case in my hands to protect it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
whats the point of paying $60 for a case that keeps dust out when the phone is dustproof:-\
You can go with lifeproof, they offer total water protection program if bought through Verizon corporate. This covers water damage. The regular note 7 won't cover water damage under warranty.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox defender is great for the drop protection, and the newer cases are better than the ones from a couple years ago.

The problem i had w the s7 edge one is the screen cover sucked, and taking it off made the phone rattle inside the case lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the Defender for the S7 Edge and I have to say it's the best one they have ever made in my opinion. It's the first defender that I haven't ripped out the screen protector, it fits so good, there is no gap and this one doesn't get dust underneath like past models. It's a little harder to press the buttons on the curve part of the screen however.

If I get the Note I would consider getting the Defender although with the Note having Gorilla Glass 5 a screen protector may not be necessary.

It doesn't look like they have a flap cover for the S pen which I think would be useful, if you've ever dropped a Note the S pen always pops out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar