Pre ordering at Best Buy?

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried to pre order, but I want the installment plan. Customer service said I have to go in store to do that... Not able to do that on their Web site. Guess I'm heading down to BB today.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Pre Orders

I am thinking they want you in the store for the memory card because activation of the line is required. I got a feeling that because i am not doing new activation or updating a carrier plan and buying outright i will not be eligible for the SD card. Best buy pulled this crap last year. The $200 gift card was only for new activation customers not buying outright. However, i was still able to get the free wireless charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

Everyone selling these phones requires the payment purchase plan to get the premiums.

jackwins

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I paid it all upfront ($956.77) and I only got the Fit2 as a freebie. The memory card was not even an option.

Yes, I said $956.77

jackwins

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Why do they only offer the large size band? Seems stores are going to field lots of people needing to exchange for a smaller size...

I preordered and automatically got the large band Fit2. I plan on giving the Fit2 to my son and I need a small size band. I hope Best Buy will exchange.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

The watch was listed in my outright purchase order and has a shipping date of August 5th from Best Buy. So the watch was definitely included how i purchased it even without new activation.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site

I looked at both Verizon and Best Buy pre-order and found that the Best Buy deal wasn't really such a deal.
At Best Buy you get to choose a Fit2 or a EVO+ 256GB card but have to pay $349.00 up front.
At Verizon no gift but you have an upfront payment of $0.00 and you can trade-in an old phone for a $300.00 credit to your monthly billing account.
I do believe I will wait to see what the Gold unlocked version looks like before doing any purchasing.
Verizon says UPTO a $300 credit. My galaxy S6 is only good for $165 trade in credit.

wheelerpr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

So if you order in a best buy store today, do you walk out with your bonus item or do you get that when you pick up your phone?

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got done with a chat session with Verizon, and I did not know this but for grandfathered unlimited data plan users, you can do a non-contract agreement option for a new device that lets you pay the full price of the device over the two years ($36x24=$864), OR you can get the device on subsidy for $299 + $40 upgrade fee if you sign a 2 year contract. Both options keep unlimited data though.

That puts competition on the $349 w contract Best Buy pricing! Hmmmmm... now I just need to see how capable Best Buy is at keeping unlimited data plans for customers.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried to pre order, but I want the installment plan. Customer service said I have to go in store to do that... Not able to do that on their Web site. Guess I'm heading down to BB today.

Are you planning on doing the installment plan with unlimited data on Verizon?

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site

So if you order in a best buy store today, do you walk out with your bonus item or do you get that when you pick up your phone?

When I picked up my s6, the free wireless charger was picked up at the same time as the phone. For pre-orders, they get the same amount of sd/fit2 as was ordered. Maybe a slight variance to cover people changing their minds.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Verizon says UPTO a $300 credit. My galaxy S6 is only good for $165 trade in credit.

However, if you are trading in a listed phone you get a coupon code that gives a $300.00 credit no matter the value of the trade in. Same deal as for the Note 5 when it came out. So check the fine print for the list of phones. If the S6 is on the list you should get the $300.00 rebate coupon. But you should check with Verizon directly to confirm.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

I almost pulled the trigger on BestBuy.com last night until I saw that you only could get the Fit Gear 2 and I wanted the memory card. Says that you have to go in store to get the memory card.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I looked at both Verizon and Best Buy pre-order and found that the Best Buy deal wasn't really such a deal.
At Best Buy you get to choose a Fit2 or a EVO+ 256GB card but have to pay $349.00 up front.
At Verizon no gift but you have an upfront payment of $0.00 and you can trade-in an old phone for a $300.00 credit to your monthly billing account.
I do believe I will wait to see what the Gold unlocked version looks like before doing any purchasing.

The Verizon offer is "up to" $300, so unless trading a iPhone Plus or new S7 Edge, you will probably get much less than $300. Even at $300 that would be against the retail price, so still a net of almost $600 charged. Seems the Best Buy deal is much better as a result.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

However, if you are trading in a listed phone you get a coupon code that gives a $300.00 credit no matter the value of the trade in. Same deal as for the Note 5 when it came out. So check the fine print for the list of phones. If the S6 is on the list you should get the $300.00 rebate coupon. But you should check with Verizon directly to confirm.

Verizon is doing a bad job communicating that then, since on phone or in store they caution "up to" $300 and depends on the device. Still means over $200 more total charge than Best Buy, even if $300.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got done with a chat session with Verizon, and I did not know this but for grandfathered unlimited data plan users, you can do a non-contract agreement option for a new device that lets you pay the full price of the device over the two years ($36x24=$864), OR you can get the device on subsidy for $299 + $40 upgrade fee if you sign a 2 year contract. Both options keep unlimited data though.

That puts competition on the $349 w contract Best Buy pricing! Hmmmmm... now I just need to see how capable Best Buy is at keeping unlimited data plans for customers.

Be careful with the subsidized two year and get the "keep your unlimited" in writing. I am not aware of this option and Verizon is heckbent on getting rid of unlimited plans. Perhaps the rep misspoke to you and meant that was your other option to get a the device. That is part of their script- get people off unlimited.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy's app tonight has an add for the Note 7 preorder with a place to write your email address for preorder info as soon as it's available. I'm just wanting to see how people's (especially grandfathered unlimited data Verizon customers) experience is getting the phone through Best Buy. I'll hopefully order mine this weekend if I can get a Best Buy employee to guarantee that my plan won't be touched (as Verizon stated should be the case with their price hike this spring for grandfathered unlimited data customers).

heard they patched the BB method of upgrading, not 100% sure if that is the case, I upgraded in nov using that method and worked, but many on Droid-life said it no longer is the case.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I am pretty sure only the payment (installment plan) lets you keep unlimited. Using the 2 year upgrade through verizon will not (unless they changed it recently)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure only the payment (installment plan) lets you keep unlimited. Using the 2 year upgrade through verizon will not (unless they changed it recently)
This. No other option local corporate store is aware of. Unlimited is a dirty word to them.

chuco35

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Which do you figure will provide the fastest delivery:

* Best Buy Order
* AT&T Order
* Samsung Order
* In Store Pickup on 19th