Pre ordering at Best Buy?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
This. No other option local corporate store is aware of. Unlimited is a dirty word to them.

Agree. Be careful signing a 2 year contract and never go by what a chat rep says, they usually know nothing and their word won't stand up if verizon pulls the plug on your unlimited.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Almost screamed out loud when i got this text message. Thought my Note 7 had already shipped. But i guess it's just probably the Gear Fit.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1074.jpg
    1074.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 121

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Might be all within a day this time in US. Seems Samsung is getting their logistical act together with retail partners.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Pre Orders

Verizon is doing a bad job communicating that then, since on phone or in store they caution "up to" $300 and depends on the device. Still means over $200 more total charge than Best Buy, even if $300.

Verizon is never good with relaying information- like with the s7 and s7edge launch... that was a fail.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
@beh , guess u were right on my S6, but giving it ot my mom anyways.

Here are the Eligible Phones for $300 credit:
"Eligible phones for the $300 trade-in value are the Galaxy Note 5,Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge/edge +, HTC M9, iPhone 6, LG G4 and LG V10."

Pre-ordered mine through BB, Coral Blue w/ SD card on installment plan

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
@beh , guess u were right on my S6, but giving it ot my mom anyways.

Here are the Eligible Phones for $300 credit:
"Eligible phones for the $300 trade-in value are the Galaxy Note 5,Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge/edge +, HTC M9, iPhone 6, LG G4 and LG V10."

Pre-ordered mine through BB, Coral Blue w/ SD card on installment plan

I also found out that you can't keep any old plan even a "ice cream cone" data plan but must upgrade the data plan to the rollover variety at more money if you wish to purchase on the installment plan. And for some reason the BB website doesn't connect to Verizon to allow you to purchase a Verizon version of the phone. Keeps saying my account information is not correct. But of course it is correct as I use the same password manager to successfully reach my account directly.
It's a darn good thing I am going to wait for the unlocked version in gold directly from Samsung.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Went to Best Buy tonight. In order to keep unlimited data on Verizon, you can only use your upgrade to take advantage of the 'device payment plan'. Pretty much the entire price of the phone over 24 months. So you pay full price for it now, or bits of it over two years. The 2-year contract at the $349.99 price would force you off of unlimited data.

I'm going to see if a Verizon corporate store will do the upgrade for the $299 + $40 upgrade fee and keep UDP in tact.

Let me know if you have any different experiences!

clownstrike

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Verizon is doing a bad job communicating that then, since on phone or in store they caution "up to" $300 and depends on the device. Still means over $200 more total charge than Best Buy, even if $300.

You need to take everything into account. You can't compare contract and no-contract offers like that. Example (you can confirm the numbers yourself on Verizon website):

On contract:
Bestbuy: $349 up front + $40 upgrade fee. $80 per month for 2GB plan (not counting taxes).
2 year total: $2309

Verizon: $299 up front + $40 upgrade fee. $80 per month for 2GB plan (not counting taxes).
2 year total: $2259

No contract:
Verizon online: $0 up front. Waived upgrade fee. $91 per month for 2GB plan including phone installment cost (not counting taxes or potential trade in values).
2 year total: $2184.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

You need to take everything into account. You can't compare contract and no-contract offers like that. Example (you can confirm the numbers yourself on Verizon website):

On contract:
Bestbuy: $349 up front + $40 upgrade fee. $80 per month for 2GB plan (not counting taxes).

Verizon: $299 up front + $40 upgrade fee. $80 per month for 2GB plan (not counting taxes).

No contract:
Verizon online: $0 up front. Waived upgrade fee. $91 per month for 2GB plan including phone installment cost (not counting taxes or potential trade in values).

So how does the no contract option only add $11 per month to the bill for the phone? Over 2 years you would only pay $264 for the $864 phone? What am I missing?

clownstrike

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

So how does the no contract option only add $11 per month to the bill for the phone? Over 2 years you would only pay $264 for the $864 phone? What am I missing?

On contract: $80 = $40 plan + $40 access fee (they hid the cost of the phone in these)
No contract: $91 = $35 plan + $20 access fee + $36 phone cost (phone cost disappears after 24 months & cost goes down to $55)

jbnerkG 1

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Just ordered mine. I always pay full retail because i am grandfathered ATT unlimited plan. Price is steep after taxes at 941.00 but the extra 32 gigs, water resistance, and gear fit 2 are a bonus and i will sell my Note 5 and Gear VR to make some of my money back. Plus 12 months interest free on my best buy card makes it sweeter. Blue coral. Hopefully Best buy will be very kind and ship that bad boy early. I doubt it, but it would be extremly nice to have before i leave for Miami on the 15th.

I also have unlimited data through att grandfathered since 2008, I was able to do att next and keep my existing plan through Best Buy. Boom

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
So I think I've figured out how to keep my Verizon unlimited data, but I'm wondering if anyone has had success with transferring an upgrade from an unlimited line to a normal line to get the Note 7 (or any other phone for that matter).

Here's my breakdown. My account has two lines. My line has unlimited data and my wife's has 1gb. My line has the available upgrade, my wife's not till December this year. I want to transfer my upgrade to my wife's line and get the Note 7 for me for $350.

Can Best Buy do this? Transfer an upgrade from one line to another in the same account? I'd love to hear your success story... or if you've had issues, I'll thank you for the heads up!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

On contract:

No contract:

You need data regardless, so really not part of the phone equation. Like solving two sides of a formula, you remove common values on both sides :) I have a family data plan, so would get off contract payment plan. Full (fool) price.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So I think I've figured out how to keep my Verizon unlimited data, but I'm wondering if anyone has had success with transferring an upgrade from an unlimited line to a normal line to get the Note 7 (or any other phone for that matter).

Here's my breakdown. My account has two lines. My line has unlimited data and my wife's has 1gb. My line has the available upgrade, my wife's not till December this year. I want to transfer my upgrade to my wife's line and get the Note 7 for me for $350.

Can Best Buy do this? Transfer an upgrade from one line to another in the same account? I'd love to hear your success story... or if you've had issues, I'll thank you for the heads up!

That should work, but check. I bailed from unlimited since the 30GB plan fits our use and works out to $50 less per month. Now I can use the international pass in England and use my device at local rates in Canada and Mexico. Could not do that with unlimited still on two lines.

Sure I only go to those place once a year (Canada less), but still WAY cheaper and more practical for me instead of being without my device on. Roaming rates for data out of US will kill yah!

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Which do you figure will provide the fastest delivery:

* Best Buy Order
* AT&T Order
* Samsung Order
* In Store Pickup on 19th

It depends and changes every year. For the GS7 Edge, Best Buy beat everyone except T-mobile by selling the phone from March 7th.

clownstrike

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

You need data regardless, so really not part of the phone equation. Like solving two sides of a formula, you remove common values on both sides :) I have a family data plan, so would get off contract payment plan. Full (fool) price.
That's the problem. You would think they are common values, but they're not. Verizon charges you differently based on whether it's contract or not. They make up the phone cost in the higher rate over contract life. No free lunch

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

That's the problem. You would think they are common values, but they're not. Verizon charges you differently based on whether it's contract or not. They make up the phone cost in the higher rate over contract life. No free lunch
Yeah, if that weren't the case I could switch to the new Verizon plan and save some money. Got to wait for the contracts to expire

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
One real good thing IMO about Best Buy is you instantly get your choice of fit watch or micro sd card registered, so no filing after getting the IMEI number of the device. Less wait time or potential registration problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar