Pre ordering at Best Buy?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I preordered my Note 7 in store. They did not even ask me to pick my freebie - said I can just decide when I come in to pick it up. Hope that doesn't turn into a fiasco.

Was planning on the Gear Fit 2 but since they pm'd VZW's current $49 deal on the Gear S2 I just snagged one of those. So I'll probably end up with the 256gb memory card.

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I've tried twice to pre-order in the store (2 different stores), because I'd prefer to have the SD card. Both times, when the BB person gets into the account, it says all 4 phones on the account are eligible (after paying the upgrade amount). After putting in the IMEI number, it says the phone is not eligible for upgrade. The associate today said he cross-checked the IMEI number with some database, and it IS the same phone that I have, but for some reason, they just keep getting this message. He said the same thing happened yesterday, w/ someone wanting to upgrade to the Note 7 on ATT. I haven't had an insurance claim, where I've replaced the device, so no idea why this is happening. He put in a ticket with BB Help, and said he'd text *when* the problem is resolved.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy guy told me that my choice of the card or watch will be there to pick up and take when I get my N7. He said the plan was to have equal amounts of both. Did not like the emphasizing of "plan" though when he told me....

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
So I think I've figured out how to keep my Verizon unlimited data, but I'm wondering if anyone has had success with transferring an upgrade from an unlimited line to a normal line to get the Note 7 (or any other phone for that matter).

Here's my breakdown. My account has two lines. My line has unlimited data and my wife's has 1gb. My line has the available upgrade, my wife's not till December this year. I want to transfer my upgrade to my wife's line and get the Note 7 for me for $350.

Can Best Buy do this? Transfer an upgrade from one line to another in the same account? I'd love to hear your success story... or if you've had issues, I'll thank you for the heads up!

They can I think but i wouldn't let anyone touch my unlimited plan. You can always transfer the upgrade in your account via the vzw website and then see if Best Buy will be able to see the transfer of the upgrade before they start to do anything. I would also order online with Best buy and do a swap of your SIM card when you get the phone so your UDP is intact.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
They can I think but i wouldn't let anyone touch my unlimited plan. You can always transfer the upgrade in your account via the vzw website and then see if Best Buy will be able to see the transfer of the upgrade before they start to do anything. I would also order online with Best buy and do a swap of your SIM card when you get the phone so your UDP is intact.

I went to Best Buy today with this very plan in mind. I spoke with the associate asking about transferring the upgrade. She asked her manager, came back and said that since my UPD and the 1gb customer loyalty plan were not the same plan, I wouldn't be able to do the transfer. After talking back and forth I was under the impression I was out of luck. I walked around the store for a bit, logged into my Verizon account, went through the steps to transfer the upgrade from my UDP line to the 1gb line and came back to show the associate that the transfer was successful on Verizon's end, maybe she could check the account again to see if the 1gb now had the upgrade. She pulled the screen up and it was not showing the transfer.

But then she all of a sudden was like, well, 'let's see if we can transfer the upgrade ourselves'. So she starts pulling up all these screens, takes more info from me for my account, shows me the screen talking about transferring the 'promotion' or 'alternate upgrade' (or something like that) from my UDP line to my 1gb line. It looked good to me, so we went through with it. She just said to be sure that when I pick up the phone that my UDP doesn't get switched, and wrote notes all over the paperwork and preorder stuff saying to be careful of UDP.

Tl;Dr - I ended up preordering the Note 7, on my 1gb line from a transferred upgrade from my UDP line. I'll just have to make sure day of pickup that only my 1gb line is in the picture and I'll sort all the SIM cards and phones out later.

Crossing my fingers!!!!

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just to update, the eligible upgrade transfer worked just fine through best buy. Kept my UDP and used my rewards points towards the phone. Out of pocket cost to me was $8.00 to best buy and $40 upgrade fee to Verizon. Less than $50 for this powerhouse of a machine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz