On Verizon site right now ordering and there are no gifts

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why people are so eager to be the first kid on the block to own the latest and greatest toy. At a near $900 price, it is unlikely that there will be any shortage. I'm going to wait for the reviews and for possible early bugs to get worked out, not to also mention the chance to hold one before I buy it.

Perhaps, early Samsung promotions would be an unsentimental to buy early, but if my memory serves me correctly, Best Buy usually has had a $200 gift card promotion, closer to the release of Notes in the past.

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Which is one of the good things about Best Buy, they take care of all that and give you the card instead of hoop jumping. Same with the infamous trade in rebate program for the Note 4 if folks recall. The process through carriers was long and convoluted and instant with Best Buy.

Well I say that, but do not know if Best Buy is doing that this time. They have for all previous offers though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing those numbers. I have been wondering if there would be any savings gong with the 2 year contract plan price for the phone and the monthly cost of that plan vs buying a phone outright. I know the activation fee can be waived when you purchase at their online site.

$20 a month for 24 months adds up to $480. Add the $299 and it brings it up to $779. Out of curiosity where did you find the $20/month stat (was it on your checkout page)?
Looks like I'll have to do further research to see if that's the way I want to go...
Not sure you can do contract online but in stores they offered it to customers at a $20 charge for 24 months

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...match-customer-lifestyles.html&token=QHIKerJw

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thus why I'm going to avoid the preorder drama despite the gifts ?!?!

Not for nothing this is the easy part !!

Wait for those " Delivery " threads where everyone is refreshing their browsers every 20 secondd for an update of shipped or out for delivery haaaaa !!!!
The drama is the best part lol. I'm waiting to see if there's gonna be a bogo. This isn't enough of an upgrade to go from my S7 edge.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Anybody pay full price to keep Nationwide unlimited data plan? Any tricks or tips or pitfalls? Did it verify you kept unlimited data?

I'm surprised it cost 864. Verizon phone rep told me 840.

Do you get phone before 19th this way or on the 19th?
You will get it the same time as everyone else, just because you pay full price does not change when it ships.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The drama is the best part lol. I'm waiting to see if there's gonna be a bogo. This isn't enough of an upgrade to go from my S7 edge.

Because they aren't aiming this at you. Clearly a phone 6 months old isn't a huge upgrade. They are aiming the note 7 at note 5/4 users.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You will get it the same time as everyone else, just because you pay full price does not change when it ships.
You misunderstood. 3 separate issues so I skipped lines between them.

I mean does anyone who orders early no matter how they pay get the phone before the 19th? Since I asked some reading I've done sounds like you do not get it any earlier than those who purchase in store day 1.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy appears to have a better offer for 2 year contract. $390 cost and free 256GB card. Not seeing the card offer with Verizon, but they apparently were supposed to have it.

No, they just hit me with a one time $40. upgrade fee. That was included in the total of $363.79

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
You misunderstood. 3 separate issues so I skipped lines between them.

I mean does anyone who orders early no matter how they pay get the phone before the 19th? Since I asked some reading I've done sounds like you do not get it any earlier than those who purchase in store day 1.

Sometimes they ship early, sometimes they do not. Most people preorder to avoid the hassle of having to go in store.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering about the free gifts...I am leaning toward the Gear....

Posted via the Android Central App

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh I see. I hate waiting for things in the mail but the store is a drag too. Thanks for the explanation.

I usually preorder because I hate going into store, but with android devices haven't had issues walking in day 1 and picking one up. With iPhones sometimes it can get a little crazy.