08-26-2016 08:59 AM
180 1234 ...
tools
    Just looked at two of them at Best Buy in Lexington Kentucky. They had silver and black. So badass!!!!
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-03-2016 03:40 PM
    Also good to know you have until aug 28th to purchase to get the free Gear. I don't have to be in such a hurry to decide if I want to pre order and possibly have to wait until after launch to get it, or buy it in person day it comes out. I hear some pre orders people get it after the release date versus just buying it in store.
    08-03-2016 04:46 PM
    Also good to know you have until aug 28th to purchase to get the free Gear. I don't have to be in such a hurry to decide if I want to pre order and possibly have to wait until after launch to get it, or buy it in person day it comes out. I hear some pre orders people get it after the release date versus just buying it in store.
    You should get the day of launch or before. I know T-Mobile last year delivered their devices to customers a week before available in stores.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-03-2016 05:22 PM
    Racine Wisconsin Samsung Experience has them out on display.

Attached Thumbnails Where to see the Note 7 in-person? Demo Displays?-2593.jpg  
    ajb1965, Bayarda, Baby_Doc and 3 others like this.
    08-03-2016 05:24 PM
    Frisco, Texas has both the sliver and the black out on display, and the Samsung Experience crew is more than ready to convince you to buy one, lol. It's always fun going in to Best Buy or T-Mobile where people assume I know next to nothing, and then surprising them with all of the knowledge I already have.
    08-03-2016 06:59 PM
    Frisco, Texas has both the sliver and the black out on display, and the Samsung Experience crew is more than ready to convince you to buy one, lol. It's always fun going in to Best Buy or T-Mobile where people assume I know next to nothing, and then surprising them with all of the knowledge I already have.
    back in 2011 when I went to the car lot to buy a 2012 Mustang GT and test drive it the sales guy was like that too. I knew more than he did when I arrived lol. Just like when I'm buying a firearm I pretty much know what I'm looking for when walking in the doors so I don't need no sales pitch or other bs.

The other poster saying last time Tmobile pre order customers got their phones a WEEK before the stores had it? So if I ordered this week I could have the phone next week already??
    08-03-2016 07:05 PM
    Best Buy Deptford, NJ

Attached Thumbnails Where to see the Note 7 in-person? Demo Displays?-1081.jpg  
    08-03-2016 07:17 PM
    True. But keep in mind that there are a set amount of giveaways for each, I believe (250k of the card and watch). Don't wait too long.
    08-03-2016 07:23 PM
    Now 2 Best Buy locations in my area have them on display. They're trickling in it seems.
    08-03-2016 07:25 PM
    So I fought the urge and walked over to my Best Buy. There they were.

I only spent a couple of minutes before leaving but mainly wanted to see the colors. I am very happy I went with the black. It's VERY slick looking. Not glossy on the sides and flat. It just looks professional. If you've read in another thread, I was all about the blue but decided against it. I'm very glad that I chose black over blue as I found the side bezels on the blue really ugly. Yes, it's sort of like a rose gold, but the hue is just ever slightly different. The blue is nice, but too light for me and I believe that I may of been happy with the blue overall however the side bezels really kill it for me. If you are on the fence I suggest you go into a store and look at both before pulling the trigger. There were quite a lot of people in the Samsung experience area, and most for paying attention to the black I noticed.
    cinnamin likes this.
    08-03-2016 08:13 PM
    So I fought the urge and walked over to my Best Buy. There they were.

I only spent a couple of minutes before leaving but mainly wanted to see the colors. I am very happy I went with the black. It's VERY slick looking. Not glossy on the sides and flat. It just looks professional. If you've read in another thread, I was all about the blue but decided against it. I'm very glad that I chose black over blue as I found the side bezels on the blue really ugly. Yes, it's sort of like a rose gold, but the hue is just ever slightly different. The blue is nice, but too light for me and I believe that I may of been happy with the blue overall however the side bezels really kill it for me. If you are on the fence I suggest you go into a store and look at both before pulling the trigger. There were quite a lot of people in the Samsung experience area, and most for paying attention to the black I noticed.
    Question is is that black mental gonna look rough after a few months. My bet is it will and people will be losing their minds about how rough it looks.
    08-03-2016 08:21 PM
    Question is is that black mental gonna look rough after a few months. My bet is it will and people will be losing their minds about how rough it looks.
    I'm not worried about that. I case my phones and even still if there is a mark that eventually appears, then it happens. My coworker has a gold edge and its sides are marked up. And after looking at the blue, I am sure the same will happen as well.
    08-03-2016 08:25 PM
    They are at my best buy. I was there looking for them and they were not out yet. The samsung guy asked if I was there to see it. He got one out and let me see it. He was getting ready to hook them up to the table. He said I was the first on at that location to see it. Pretty cool.
    08-03-2016 10:21 PM
    My local Verizon had a blue and a silver. The blue is actually very subtle and hard to tell it's blue on account of the extremely reflective metal. For those who have seen the black, is it less reflective making the color more apparent?

Looks: phone looks slender because of its symmetry and wonderful wrapping screen. I changed the color scheme to AMOLED Photo, which didn't inject too much blue into the display like the default vibrant mode does. To my eye this is the most visually appealing phone Samsung has made and it's a pleasure to handle.

Edge software: while the edge apps ala note 4 edge are gimmicky, I found the edge swipe for calendar to be useful especially in that it allows for more multi tasking opportunities. If you're waiting for a YouTube video to buffer you can edge peek swipe to check the edge app without interrupting the buffering.

Iris scanner: I was able to set this up and can attest to its speedyness. Before I could even fully recognize the login screen, the phone had unlocked via iris (and yes I removed all locks before I left the store). I wouldn't want to have to be looking directly at the camera everytime but that's why there's plenty of security redundancy so you can use whatever's most convenient.

Switching between apps: I opened as many heavy memory footprint apps as I could, such as Verizon's NFL Mobile app, Chrome, and YouTube. Surprisingly this phone doesn't come with any bloatware games that, while annoying, would be useful for multi tasking tests. The apps all switched immediately with no reloading and Chrome always opened to the same position in the page I left at. Not a good stress test but it didn't fail.

Conclusion: if I had to buy a phone right now it would be this, no doubt. Samsung took the phone of the year (S7) and improved on it.

Only reason I'm sticking with my broken screen turbo and backup S5 is that the Note doesn't feel future proof. Not for a near future that includes daydream VR, which will give us an exciting specs push we haven't seen in a while.

Hope this was useful

dsignori, MRS DIVA and zoomis like this.
    08-03-2016 10:53 PM
    Look rough in what kind of way?
    08-03-2016 11:01 PM
    Our local Verizon had the black Note 7 on display. Man, it is one sweet phone.
    Murdered Out Black, Nice
    The Verizon I went into was the same. I found the black to look very appealing in person.

REALLY nice phone. Runs smooth and the size is just right for us who like bigger phones. I never really played around with an Edge before but it functions similar to the Edge and has the side icons like the Edge which will take awhile for me to learn. The Spen works good too. I didn't get to test all the features like Iris scanner and that because it was stuck in demo mode.
    It ran pretty smooth in my testing as well. I played around with the s pen as well, and it seemed to work pretty well. I wanted to test out the gif maker feature, but I think that was locked out in the demo mode as well.

They only had the black on display
    When holding the phone you hardly even notice the curved display on the front.
    Big difference between the S7 Edge curve and Note 7.
    I liked the edges on the Note7 better than the s7 edge as well. I looked at it from different angles, and the viewing angles seemed better on the Note7. They had the Note7 near the entrance while the s7 edge was in the back center of the store, so I couldn't hold them in a side by side comparison.

The overall look of the Note7 gave the impression of a long phone from top to bottom while the Note5 (which they still had in store near the s7 and s7 edge phones) gave the impression of a wider phone (I suspect because of the bezel).
    08-03-2016 11:02 PM
    Best Buy in Atlantic Terminal has all models available the color blue looks nice but the black onyx Takes the Cake reminds me of a space gray iPhone
    08-03-2016 11:03 PM
    My local Verizon had a blue and a silver. The blue is actually very subtle and hard to tell it's blue on account of the extremely reflective metal. For those who have seen the black, is it less reflective making the color more apparent?

Looks: phone looks slender because of its symmetry and wonderful wrapping screen. I changed the color scheme to AMOLED Photo, which didn't inject too much blue into the display like the default vibrant mode does. To my eye this is the most visually appealing phone Samsung has made and it's a pleasure to handle.

Edge software: while the edge apps ala note 4 edge are gimmicky, I found the edge swipe for calendar to be useful especially in that it allows for more multi tasking opportunities. If you're waiting for a YouTube video to buffer you can edge peek swipe to check the edge app without interrupting the buffering.

Iris scanner: I was able to set this up and can attest to its speedyness. Before I could even fully recognize the login screen, the phone had unlocked via iris (and yes I removed all locks before I left the store). I wouldn't want to have to be looking directly at the camera everytime but that's why there's plenty of security redundancy so you can use whatever's most convenient.

Switching between apps: I opened as many heavy memory footprint apps as I could, such as Verizon's NFL Mobile app, Chrome, and YouTube. Surprisingly this phone doesn't come with any bloatware games that, while annoying, would be useful for multi tasking tests. The apps all switched immediately with no reloading and Chrome always opened to the same position in the page I left at. Not a good stress test but it didn't fail.

Conclusion: if I had to buy a phone right now it would be this, no doubt. Samsung took the phone of the year (S7) and improved on it.

Only reason I'm sticking with my broken screen turbo and backup S5 is that the Note doesn't feel future proof. Not for a near future that includes daydream VR, which will give us an exciting specs push we haven't seen in a while.

Hope this was useful

Thanks a lot. Good info.

p.s. Holding out for Daydream VR though? oy..
    08-03-2016 11:13 PM
    Any one been to att store today, wondering if they have note 7 demo on display?

Posted from Android Central.
    on Samsung Galaxy s5
    I called my AT&T Store and the store two towns over today and they both said "No"!
    08-03-2016 11:36 PM
    They only had the black on display and the Gear Fit 2. She said the silver and blue would be on display later this week.

When holding the phone you hardly even notice the curved display on the front.
    Big difference between the S7 Edge curve and Note 7.
    Yeah, I was going to quote your first post with the pictures - thank you for those by the way. The curved edge really does look MUCH more subtle than that of the Galaxy S7 Edge - I feel much better now that you posted the picture and made these comments! Thank you very much Sir!
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    08-03-2016 11:46 PM
    Our local Verizon had the black Note 7 on display. Man, it is one sweet phone. Here are a couple of not so great pictures.
    Verizon tramp stamp is there on the back as expected.

Murdered Out Black, Nice !

Attachment 233990Attachment 233991Attachment 233992
    Murdered out?
    Ronny James likes this.
    08-03-2016 11:59 PM
    My local Best Buy just got the Note 7 in so I spent about 30 minutes playing with it, I gota say, I was not that impressed.
    I've owned ALL the Notes 1 thru 5,, I will not be getting the Note 7.
    It's really just an S7 Edge with an S pen and the iris scanner.
    The biggest turn-off for me with the Note 7 is no flat screen.
    For a brief time I owned a S7 Edge and hated the Edge factor, while the Note 7 is not as edgy it still made me feel like I was using an S7 Edge again.
    I'm currently rockin an iPhone 6s and was waiting for the reveal of the iPhone 7 but now I'm thinkin I might just get a Galaxy S7 as all the leaks make the iPhone 7 look like a modest upgrade from my 6s,,, and I do consider the S7 to be better than my 6s,,, especially the camera.
    I'm really thinkin too that the camera improvements for the iPhone 7 will just bring it up to par with the current Galaxy cameras, so the 2017 iPhone will the one that might be worth waiting for.
    I've also owned every iPhone model ever made and that 6 Plus and 6s Plus are just to big with all that bezel.
    The 2017 iPhone with OLED screen and a way smaller bezel and way better camera is what might be really what's worth waiting for.
    Anyhow,,, just random thoughts.
    Cheers.
    Davyo
    08-04-2016 01:07 AM
    My local Best Buy just got the Note 7 in so I spent about 30 minutes playing with it, I gota say, I was not that impressed.
    I've owned ALL the Notes 1 thru 5,, I will not be getting the Note 7.
    It's really just an S7 Edge with an S pen and the iris scanner.
    The biggest turn-off for me with the Note 7 is no flat screen.
    For a brief time I owned a S7 Edge and hated the Edge factor, while the Note 7 is not as edgy it still made me feel like I was using an S7 Edge again.
    I'm currently rockin an iPhone 6s and was waiting for the reveal of the iPhone 7 but now I'm thinkin I might just get a Galaxy S7 as all the leaks make the iPhone 7 look like a modest upgrade from my 6s,,, and I do consider the S7 to be better than my 6s,,, especially the camera.
    I'm really thinkin too that the camera improvements for the iPhone 7 will just bring it up to par with the current Galaxy cameras, so the 2017 iPhone will the one that might be worth waiting for.
    I've also owned every iPhone model ever made and that 6 Plus and 6s Plus are just to big with all that bezel.
    The 2017 iPhone with OLED screen and a way smaller bezel and way better camera is what might be really what's worth waiting for.
    Anyhow,,, just random thoughts.
    Cheers.
    Davyo
    Where did you buy your crystal ball? I'd like to know about what the 2017 iPhone will bring too!
    08-04-2016 01:21 AM
    Bad for you that Note 7 doesn't satisfy your needs. Vote with your wallet as you said but Samsung is probably heading in making phones with edge display. Won't be surprised if next year even if there is a flat variant of S8. Probably look else where.
    dsignori and gottria like this.
    08-04-2016 01:26 AM
    I like the Note 7. The curved edges isn't as much as the edge7. To each their own. I didn't want the Note 5
    Am looking forward to my blue cobalt beauty. Love all the new features it comes pacjed with.
    Not for everyone. I am Pro Sammy

skatergirl likes this.
    08-04-2016 01:26 AM
180 1234 ...