08-26-2016 08:59 AM
180 12345 ...
tools
    I am in Arizona. Corporate Verizon stores

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-04-2016 01:28 AM
    I have had black and white. I wanted different. Got the blue. It's beautiful

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-04-2016 01:33 AM
    My crystal ball is all the iPhone 7 leaks,,, also Apple always seems to be following Samsung in the last few years,,, also, it's pretty much a given that Apple is really focused on the 10th anniversary iPhone coming in 2017.
    Apple has become so predictable over the years I don't see the iPhone 7 being better than the current Galaxy S7.
    I'm a fan of both iPhones and Samsungs and have owned ALL their flagship models, I would love to see an iPhone 7 with an OLED screen, with a much improved camera, and realistic bezel to screen ratio sizes,,, I just don't think it's all going to happen until 2017 for Apple.
    On a side note, I absolutely LOVE my 13" iPad Pro and iPad Air 2 but with phones Apple is just ALWAYS a few years behind Samsung for the most part.
    Cheers
    Davyo
    08-04-2016 01:36 AM
    Get ready for another month of posts like these..
    08-04-2016 03:29 AM
    I think the telling point is the OP has owned every iPhone and Note. Personally, I couldn't jump back and forth between Android and Apple. Liking a certain phone is highly subjective. If you constantly have the best phone out there, you may not be that excited over every new phone coming out. For those who only upgrade once a year or less, I think it's pretty much a no doubter.
    nonie and dsignori like this.
    08-04-2016 05:21 AM
    Another Apple fan boy on the loose.
    We also have the 6s and 6s plus and these phones feel like phones from the 1980's compared to the Note 7.
    08-04-2016 05:30 AM
    I wouldn't write him off as an Apple fan boy. He just said the S7 is better than his current iPhone. Sounds like he genuinely likes both brands. I personally like edge displays so I'm happy to see Samsung headed that way, but I can see how that would turn others off.
    08-04-2016 05:39 AM
    I just can't see how people can be disappointed by the Note 7. Sounds like a case of technological burnout to me, which is a bigger, more fundamental philosophical issue I think.
    stackberry369, Thisistip and rsmin like this.
    08-04-2016 05:58 AM
    Get ready for another month of posts like these..
    Well ya,,, thats what forums are for, in the case of this forum its for the discussion of Android phones.
    Cheers
    Davyo
    Guyinbox likes this.
    08-04-2016 06:16 AM
    good upgrade along with updated s pen features.

From the S7 edge may not seem like a massive update but for the bigger screen and pen for many it will be
    08-04-2016 06:17 AM
    Your reasoning is legit, especially if you don't like the edge display. I personally cannot wait to get this phone, I skipped the Note 5 in favour of the S6 edge+. I would've got the S7 edge but I didn't wanna downgrade to a smaller screen. The Note 7 basically lets me keep my edge screen, the size PLUS it brings back the S-pen the I actually missed, so this is basically the culmination of everything I've wanted from different models over the years. Not to mention it comes in BLUE.

The epic camera, insane base storage (64GB!!!, iPhones still come in 16GB lol), iris scanner and ip68 water/dust resistance and it's basically a no brainer for me. I'd have to be insane not to get this phone.

Still rockin last year's S6 edge+ fyi. People may not think this is a huge upgrade if they have the S7 twins but for the rest of us, it's hard to run out of arguments as to why we should get it.
    nonie, mellyf and Thisistip like this.
    08-04-2016 06:25 AM
    I was skeptical about the edge screen at first but it's so much better when watching videos, it's an immersive experience. I think Sammy did the right thing with the curved edges, I wouldn't be surprised if Apple followed suit.
    08-04-2016 06:42 AM
    Another Apple fan boy on the loose.
    Huh ??????
    Did you actually read ALL my postings in this thread ??????
    Apparently not !!!!
    My comments about Android are mostly positive while my comments about Apple are mostly negative,,,,,,, how does that make me an Apple "fan boy",,,, I must admit to being very curious to reading your reply ?????

Cheers
    Davyo
    08-04-2016 06:50 AM
    I to just played with the new n7 and I'm impressed it amazing how they can make a big phone fill so small in the hand. And if your wondering about the edge screen ..don't it's all most flat on the sides . The pen is much improved also much better to write with . Both black and silver Look great

Posted using my note 5 are gs7 edge the beast
    nonie likes this.
    08-04-2016 06:59 AM
    Sorry, Davyo
    I did not read any of your other posts.
    08-04-2016 07:09 AM
    Only one of the Best Buy stores near me had them out. They had both black and silver, which are the ones I'm debating between. Definitely going to go with the silver. I had also called the AT&T store, which I'm pretty sure is a corporate store, and they didn't even know when it was going to be released. I told them on the 19th, and he said "we'll probably get it it to put on display the Saturday before that."
    08-04-2016 07:33 AM
    I wouldn't write him off as an Apple fan boy. He just said the S7 is better than his current iPhone. Sounds like he genuinely likes both brands. I personally like edge displays so I'm happy to see Samsung headed that way, but I can see how that would turn others off.
    Thanks,,,and yeah, while I do use both Apple and Android products when it comes to phones I'm way more in the Android camp.

If it's tablets then I'm totally an iPad lover and not very fond of most Android tablets,,,, although I am strongly considering getting a new 10" Tab S,,, amazing screen on the Tab S.

I tried the the S7 Edge and for me I discovered I'm just not a fan of Edge displays so I was a bit disappointed watching the Samsung event and then checking out the Note 7 in person a few days later.

After owning all the Notes 1 thru 5 I was really hoping for a flat Note 7 to be offered as well.

Really the only reasons I own an iPhone is because I'm a professional musician and the Apple Eco System works well for musicians (sharing songs charts and set list between my iPhone and iPad, mixing my stage monitors via WiFi with my iPad, and all the sound persons I work with all use iPads to send the room sound mix to the stage.

I also find using iMovie on my iPad Pro to mix my band videos very convenient.

Another reason I own an iPhone is because a company named Zoom makes a very nice small condenser microphone called the Zoom iQ5, it plugs directly into the lighting port of an iPhone and makes the video audio recording sound almost studio CD quality, I use that mic with my iPhone to make some really great looking and sounding video demos for my bands I work with.

Unfortunately no company makes a really nice high end stereo mic for Android phones.
    I've even called the Zoom manufacturer begging them to make a similar microphone for the Samsung phones,, no luck so far.

Wow,, sorry for the rant !!!!

But yeah,, the Galaxy phones are far better than the iPhones in my opinion, I keep waiting for the iPhones to catch up with the Galaxy phones but it just doesn't seem to happen.

What I'll probably end up doing is getting a S7 this week to use as my daily driver and keeping my iPhone 6s just for use with my band related stuff.
    The ONLY thing holding me back from doing that sooner was just waiting on the Note 7 reveal.

Cheers
    Davyo
    08-04-2016 07:44 AM
    Samsung loves them some edge, based on S7E sales. They also are all-in on micro sd now too. They were first to breach the 200GB barrier for mass production 256GB chips, with Sandisk close behind.

I plan on going this morning to my local Verizon, since they have the N7 on display now. Unlike Samsung, I do not love some edge, so need to see if this distorts video and games like the Edge displays do. Hoping since less curve maybe not.

BTW, if Apple ditched 3.5mm jacks I expect Samsung could see some sales coming from Apple to Samsung. From an ecosystem standpoint with audio, we are a little early with the 3.5MM obsolescence. Bluetooth is growing, but still a fraction of the 3.5MM market. Adapters are not the best answer.

The ability to charge while using the device is also a factor that needs bridged to get mass acceptance. If Apple still has the 3.5MM, it will make Motorola seem silly jumping the gun. Consumers tend to not like being inconvenienced.
    Jarvis73 likes this.
    08-04-2016 07:57 AM
    Sorry, Davyo
    I did not read any of your other posts.
    No worries,,, and my apologies for being rude towards your post.

Cheers
    Davyo
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    08-04-2016 08:04 AM
    Confirmed - Best Buy near East Gate Mall (Cincinnati, OH) Samsung booth has one in Blue. Very nice- Pre-ordered in Blk.

Cheers
    BR
    08-04-2016 08:12 AM
    Murdered out?
    Murdered Out = Everything Black
    08-04-2016 08:18 AM
    I too am someone who switches between Android and iOS about once a year. Usually with the Galaxy series. I have had the: Note, Note 2, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6 Edge+, S7 Edge and each iteration of the iPhone from OG-5s as well as the 6 Plus and 6s Plus. I like aspects of iOS, but think Apple has lost a lot of their innovation ability. They rarely try "new" things and when they do I feel like they don't pay off for a while i.e. 3D Touch (I never use it, most people I know who have it never use it and it seems under developed thus far). I did try iOS 10 on my 6s Plus before I got rid of it and meh, minor differences other than some visual changes and more widgets. Android to me is still a little behind in polish on some of their apps, but that is mostly the developers of the apps in question. I would say apps like Fenix and Instagram as well as the Google Apps like YouTube, Keep, and Play Music are on par or better than offerings from the App Store, but the At Bat app specifically isn't quite as refined. I am undecided on the Note 7 as I have not had a Note since the 2 and to me, the Note series is always the best of everything. Usually has higher RAM, more base memory, better processor/GPU, a couple more features and for some of those that is true, but it is not much of an upgrade for me. I don't usually use the S Pen a ton but it is fun to mess with some times. The main reason for me is USB-C, 64gb internal and I would like to try the Iris Scanner to see how it works for locking apps and stuff. I may go to a Best Buy and play with one to see how it goes and may end up selling my S7 Edge and all of its peripherals that I have with it to get the Note 7 but I go back and forth.
    08-04-2016 08:33 AM
    Nothing wrong with liking iOS and Android. I have never owned an Apple phone, but I love my iPad Pro.

That said, "It's really just an S7 Edge with an S pen and the iris scanner. The biggest turn-off for me with the Note 7 is no flat screen. For a brief time I owned a S7 Edge and hated the Edge factor, "

I am not sure what the OP was expecting here then. He hates curved screens, this has a curved screen. He didn't like it. I don't see much news here. There wil be lots of folks who don't like the curve. I never had one, maybe I will be one of those folks too. We'll see after I get the N7 :-)
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-04-2016 08:43 AM
    I to just played with the new n7 and I'm impressed it amazing how they can make a big phone fill so small in the hand. And if your wondering about the edge screen ..don't it's all most flat on the sides . The pen is much improved also much better to write with . Both black and silver Look great

Posted using my note 5 are gs7 edge the beast
    That's what I thought as well. It's a large phone, that doesn't feel like it. It really reminds me of the S7 Edge but more symmetrical. I almost didn't think it was a Note. Then again, I've been using "big" phones since I retired the Galaxy S5.
    08-04-2016 09:03 AM
    I just can't see how people can be disappointed by the Note 7. Sounds like a case of technological burnout to me, which is a bigger, more fundamental philosophical issue I think.
    Most likely true with Android users every month a new phone is released some using the same note moniker like that redime Note phone which is larger than the galaxy note.
    However the countless coverage and just pushing phone after phone (like a waiter stuffing more burgers down your throat just as you finish the first one), gets you in a spiral so far we have seen GS7, GS7Edge, Note7, HTC10, Moto/Droid Z and ZForce, Moto G Model, LG5, LG V20 (October), Huawei Honor line, Huawei P8 two versions, Huawei Mate 9, Oppo Line, Sony Xperia X and X Performance Line, OnePlus 3, Blu XL lines, BlackBerry (please help), Nokia new Android phone set for 4th qtr, Xiaomi Mi Max, Nexbit Robin, it goes on and on and on with this not even representing half.

So I can see where one can get burnt out, Already have the note 5, I preordered the Note 7 and I plan on also preordering the next iPhone when that comes out that is my cycle I always rock both note and iPhone. I will then sit back and watch these other phones that are announced, but it is getting to the point where it is exhusting.
    Premium1 and swarlos like this.
    08-04-2016 09:06 AM
180 12345 ...