08-26-2016 08:59 AM
180 ... 23456 ...
tools
    My local Best Buy just got the Note 7 in so I spent about 30 minutes playing with it, I gota say, I was not that impressed.
    I've owned ALL the Notes 1 thru 5,, I will not be getting the Note 7.
    It's really just an S7 Edge with an S pen and the iris scanner.
    The biggest turn-off for me with the Note 7 is no flat screen.
    For a brief time I owned a S7 Edge and hated the Edge factor, while the Note 7 is not as edgy it still made me feel like I was using an S7 Edge again.
    I'm currently rockin an iPhone 6s and was waiting for the reveal of the iPhone 7 but now I'm thinkin I might just get a Galaxy S7 as all the leaks make the iPhone 7 look like a modest upgrade from my 6s,,, and I do consider the S7 to be better than my 6s,,, especially the camera.
    I'm really thinkin too that the camera improvements for the iPhone 7 will just bring it up to par with the current Galaxy cameras, so the 2017 iPhone will the one that might be worth waiting for.
    I've also owned every iPhone model ever made and that 6 Plus and 6s Plus are just to big with all that bezel.
    The 2017 iPhone with OLED screen and a way smaller bezel and way better camera is what might be really what's worth waiting for.
    Anyhow,,, just random thoughts.
    Cheers.
    Davyo
    I own an S7 and an iPhone 6s. You're right the S7 is a much better phone. The 6s is only better at audio in my opinion. I feel the same way about you on the Note 7 also. Not impressed. People should really just save their money and get an S7 Edge if they are considering this phone. The Note 7 is rumored to be over $800. No thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    08-04-2016 09:07 AM
    I own an S7 and an iPhone 6s. You're right the S7 is a much better phone. The 6s is only better at audio in my opinion. I feel the same way about you on the Note 7 also. Not impressed. People should really just save their money and get an S7 Edge if they are considering this phone. The Note 7 is rumored to be over $800. No thanks

Not if they want a bigger screen and the s pen features. HDR looks a great feature too.
    08-04-2016 09:19 AM
    Nothing wrong with liking iOS and Android. I have never owned an Apple phone, but I love my iPad Pro.
    Wait, you have an iPad Pro too?

As for the OP, sorry to hear that the Note7 doesn't seem to fit your wants and needs. But that's okay, because there's always that choice factor.
    dsignori likes this.
    08-04-2016 09:54 AM
    Wait, you have an iPad Pro too? ..

I do, and it is fantastic. I really do love it.
    D13H4RD2L1V3 likes this.
    08-04-2016 09:59 AM
    I have always wanted to toy with one. I have yet to go to a store to do so .. I need to stop being lazy.
    08-04-2016 10:07 AM
    I have a 12.9" model. It's a great tablet, but I don't think it's even close to a laptop-replacement, no matter what Apple says.
    dsignori and jordans0nly like this.
    08-04-2016 10:08 AM
    Not if they want a bigger screen and the s pen features. HDR looks a great feature too.
    Most people I know that have a note uses the S pen for like a week then never use it again. Also 5.5 inches is big enough in my opinion

08-04-2016 10:50 AM
    Most people I know that have a note uses the S pen for like a week then never use it again. Also 5.5 inches is big enough in my opinion

I use the S-pen alot since I take a look of screenshots of things to share. It's nice being able to take a snip of what I really want to share.
    08-04-2016 11:10 AM
    I just saw it at T mobile. It comes with 52 gigs out the box. Same as s7 edge functional wise but has the 's pen. Only selling point to me was 64gb
    08-04-2016 11:27 AM

That remains to be seen

With note on AOD I would use it Alot
    08-04-2016 12:03 PM
    I went to Best Buy for some unrelated things earlier today and then remember to see if they have the Note 7 on display. They had several -- even a gold one for some reason. They didn't have blue on display, but they also had black and silver. The near-mirror back of the silver model wasn't appealing to me. Glad I pre-ordered Black Onyx. I like everything about it, except for the stupid glass back, which I shouldn't be bummed about too much since the phone will be in a case 99.9% of the time anyway. I completely forgot to check audio quality through the small speaker openings since that's my only real hardware-based concern. I'm just afraid that it either won't get very loud or it won't sound very good. I had my Galaxy J7 with me to compare dimensions, and the Note 7 was a tad narrower and a bit shorter, which should help with one-handed use. The tether attached to the USB-C port of the Note 7 made it so I didn't really want to mess with the phone for more than 30 seconds. Maybe one day they'll do something similar to Apple.

With all the demo units that they had, it's a shame they didn't have any to sell...
    08-04-2016 01:23 PM
    In other threads people were saying that both Best Buy's and Verizon stores had already received display models and were waiting for installers to come out and install them. Some locations had them installed yesterday evening apparently. I may swing by a Verizon or Best Buy on my way from other places today, and see if they are displayed. My guess is there will be some variation by location. Higher traffic stores will probably have them up and out before lower sale volume stores.
    I was wondering if Verizon stores would have them up yet. May have to make a trip to my local verizon and see if they have them displayed yet.
    08-04-2016 01:37 PM
    Frisco, Texas has both the sliver and the black out on display, and the Samsung Experience crew is more than ready to convince you to buy one, lol. It's always fun going in to Best Buy or T-Mobile where people assume I know next to nothing, and then surprising them with all of the knowledge I already have.
    Love that. The people in best buy always act like I know nothing and then when I show them things they don't even know they are so amazed.
    08-04-2016 01:39 PM
    Blue! We want Blue!!! (OK, I actually want red, but blue is nice for now :P)
    I'd love red too! My Best Buy had the black and silver but no blue.
    08-04-2016 02:17 PM
    I realize that the note7 doesn't have everything we wanted, but after spending some time playing with it today i got a little more excited about it.

The black just looks awesome to me, that's the one i am getting.

The notification tray looks a lot different, as does the settings app. Its more streamlined. Basic colors, i like the look of it.

I read that the button on the s pen had been moved up just a touch, this is the first s pen i didn't accidently hit the button.

The edge screen is definitely less than the s7edge, i like it a lot too. Playing with it i did not activate the edge panel on accident either.

All things considered, it is what is supposed to be, a step up from the note5. While maybe not a huge step, it is enough of one to make it worth my while.

BTW, opinions vary, but to me it doesn't feel like an s7edge with an s pen, it feels like a note with an edge screen.. yes that is different.

I like it.. and the 19th can't get here fast enough!

Racing24, beh, dsignori and 1 others like this.
    08-04-2016 02:21 PM
    I have to say that i think the note4 is still the best looking note ever made, with said i know we arent going back to that and the note7 is prob second best.

Again, my opinion.

08-04-2016 02:59 PM
    Verizon had 2 on display (silver and blue) all I can say is wow! Felt great in hand, curve is not very noticeable at all especially compared to s7 edge.
    08-04-2016 03:03 PM
    I just came from Best Buy Samsung Experience. They also only had black and silver. In spite of owning a silver LG 910 headset, I didn't love the silver. It was a little too mirror-like for me. If it had been a matte silver, I probably would have gone for it. I wish they'd had the blue in stock, but it looks like I'll just go with the blue sight unseen.
    08-04-2016 03:05 PM
    With all the demo units that they had, it's a shame they didn't have any to sell...
    Yea, its like they just don't want to take my money. Well, I guess they'd be happy to take it, but they won't trade me money for a phone for another 2 weeks. Maybe someday a company will announce a phone and then have it available for sale the next day. I don't know why it can't work that way.

I just checked out the black one at the Verizon store. Looks really nice. I saw in one vid that 3rd party apps will not show on the AOD, but I could hardly get the screen to stay off long enough before the demo mode would kick back in.
    08-04-2016 03:35 PM
    Just played with it here at my Best Buy. OMG I Waaaannnnnt it!!
    08-04-2016 03:38 PM
    Best Buy Salem, NH has black and silver but no blue
    08-04-2016 03:41 PM
    Best Buy Salem, NH has black and silver but no blue
    Did the black have a similar mirror like quality as the silver? I was hoping for a more matte black.

08-04-2016 03:46 PM
    The girl at T-mobile went in back to get their display so I can play with it. That was nice of her. It sealed the deal. I ordered it !
    08-04-2016 03:46 PM
    Did the black have a similar mirror like quality as the silver? I was hoping for a more matte black.

The back of the black model doesn't seem as reflective as the silver model.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-04-2016 03:49 PM
    My local South Austin BB had the silver and black on display.
    08-04-2016 03:51 PM
180 ... 23456 ...