08-26-2016 08:59 AM
180 ... 5678
tools
    I got to play with the Samsung reps one... they didnt have a choice in color and he had it in black... man is it just me.or do Samsung phones just get sexier? I was going to get one but I think I am going to play the waiting game and see whats up with it. I love my galaxy edge and dont know if i am ready to part with it yet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    On a side note... I think I need to be a part time Samsung Rep....
    08-08-2016 07:32 AM
    The Best Buy in Clackamas, OR has them out. It's a gorgeous phone, but navigation feels leggy compared to my Moto X Pure. I've never had a Samsung phone, but every one I've ever fiddled with has felt a bit laggy and not very responsive compared to the Moto and HTC phones that I've had.
    The demo mode is responsible for that lag. Rather than having demo mode on they should just have a little Samsung monitor with a looping video of all the features at the display table. The demo mode at Best buy slows the phone down immensely and kicks you out of what your doing and limits what can be played with. I went to a Verizon store and caught one without demo mode and it's very fast.

08-10-2016 07:00 AM
    #releasetheNote7
    08-10-2016 07:01 AM
    Darn, we need to get some BLUE's in here. Cant seem to find them lol. If anyone's snapped a few pics, please post.
    08-10-2016 09:49 AM
    My local Best Buy just got the Note 7 in so I spent about 30 minutes playing with it, I gota say, I was not that impressed.
    I've owned ALL the Notes 1 thru 5,, I will not be getting the Note 7.
    It's really just an S7 Edge with an S pen and the iris scanner.
    The biggest turn-off for me with the Note 7 is no flat screen.
    For a brief time I owned a S7 Edge and hated the Edge factor, while the Note 7 is not as edgy it still made me feel like I was using an S7 Edge again.
    I'm currently rockin an iPhone 6s and was waiting for the reveal of the iPhone 7 but now I'm thinkin I might just get a Galaxy S7 as all the leaks make the iPhone 7 look like a modest upgrade from my 6s,,, and I do consider the S7 to be better than my 6s,,, especially the camera.
    I'm really thinkin too that the camera improvements for the iPhone 7 will just bring it up to par with the current Galaxy cameras, so the 2017 iPhone will the one that might be worth waiting for.
    I've also owned every iPhone model ever made and that 6 Plus and 6s Plus are just to big with all that bezel.
    The 2017 iPhone with OLED screen and a way smaller bezel and way better camera is what might be really what's worth waiting for.
    Anyhow,,, just random thoughts.
    Cheers.
    Davyo
    "The 2017 iPhone with OLED screen and a way smaller bezel and way better camera is what might be really what's worth waiting for." Note 7 already does. What the iPhone will note have though, but depends on you own likes:

1. Pen (with much better funciton now)
    2. Best display
    3. Free 256GB sd card - no card slot at all on iPhone
    4. Ability to scale display resolution and other power tweaks
    5. 3.5MM slot (apparently gone. If not, Lenotorola would look real silly taking a sales hit and too early out of the no 3.5mm gate)

The curve on the Note 7 is not sharp like the Edge. In fact it is so un Edge, my guess is the ticker style apps will not work as intended on the Note 7 if at all. No true edge to ticker with.
    08-10-2016 12:03 PM
    Darn, we need to get some BLUE's in here. Cant seem to find them lol. If anyone's snapped a few pics, please post.

08-10-2016 12:37 PM
    What is everybody's verdict about the not-as-curved-as-the-GS7-Edge curved display? I didn't mess with a display unit long enough to have an opinion, but nobody's complained about it so far, so...
    I'll complain if it breaks when I drop it!

Very hard to photo the blue.

I really like the blue but I'm leaning toward onyx after finally seeing all 3 together in one place. The shiny blue may be distracting.
    08-10-2016 01:12 PM
    Went to a Target that had one on display.
    08-10-2016 01:13 PM
    Actually those two or the few other in this thread are the only blue pokemon photos lol. Need more.
    08-10-2016 01:33 PM
    i was just in Tmobile store on my lunch playing with the blue variant and the back of it was so badly scratched. I asked the guy whats up with that and he said the've been "tossing it around a lot" but the back especially around all four edges was REALLY badly scratched. Did they use the latest gorilla glass for that? I loved the design though fits perfectly in the hand. Would be kind of a shame to hide it behind some ugly case. But i can tell you guys right now the back is not gonna stand a chance if naked.
    08-10-2016 01:47 PM
    A demo is treated way different than the way a person who paid close to a grand, would treat their phone
    08-10-2016 01:53 PM
    Attached Thumbnails Where to see the Note 7 in-person? Demo Displays?-1234.jpg  
    yomny Martinez likes this.
    08-10-2016 10:08 PM
    Frisco, Texas has both the sliver and the black out on display, and the Samsung Experience crew is more than ready to convince you to buy one, lol. It's always fun going in to Best Buy or T-Mobile where people assume I know next to nothing, and then surprising them with all of the knowledge I already have.
    I'm in Denton, Texas, and surprisingly we got the black, and silver models at the best buy here. When the S7 and S7 Edge came out we didn't get any here. I had to drive to Frisco since apparently it's a bigger store.

08-10-2016 10:38 PM
    Here is a hands-on/demo video with the blue in it. Since its getting moved around during the filming it looks like it gives a good idea for those considering blue. The blue matches up well with the default blue background on the phone.
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    08-10-2016 11:56 PM
    Love the look of the coral blue back but the blue front seems highly reflective and distracting. I wish it was blue back and black front but oh well.
    08-11-2016 12:23 AM
    Love the look of the coral blue back but the blue front seems highly reflective and distracting. I wish it was blue back and black front but oh well.
    A person could buy a blue, and then put one of these black glass screen protectors on the front. The home/fingerprint button would still be blue, but the rest of the front would be black. If you found you didn't like the black front you could remove/replace the screen protector.

https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Tem...cUvbUpU5315656
    08-11-2016 12:28 AM
    Here is a hands-on/demo video with the blue in it. Since its getting moved around during the filming it looks like it gives a good idea for those considering blue. The blue matches up well with the default blue background on the phone.
    The video makes it look a lot darker than the pic posted a a couple of posts over. Still looks nice,

The lighting in there makes it look a lot more reflective, sorta like diamonds at jewelry stores
    keepnitreel likes this.
    08-11-2016 07:52 AM
    Here is a new unboxing video of the blue coral that gives maybe the best look i have seen on video compared to what i saw in person.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=ycXvENUWLgM

08-11-2016 08:03 AM
    Unfortunately it's not available in the Czech Republic at the moment to see it live...
    08-11-2016 08:48 AM
    I was in Prague in vacation and it is there in the Palladium mall, go to the lowest floor to Samsung store near Starbucks.

Note 7 feels much better than S7E in every way, couldn't test if display is brigher but does look the same, i will skip Note 7 probably since i have S7E,but those on the fence the verdict will be the same as S6 vs S7, that all up to you but it is a good upgrade over it predeccesor.
    08-11-2016 08:53 AM
    Here is a new unboxing video of the blue coral that gives maybe the best look i have seen on video compared to what i saw in person.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=ycXvENUWLgM

I swear the Blue looks different in every single photo / video I see of it. :-)
    Preach2k likes this.
    08-11-2016 09:07 AM
    that blue (and gold) look goooooood
    08-11-2016 09:40 AM
    For those that had the Note 7 Verizon Model...A few questions
    - Is Samsung Cloud still available or did Verizon remove it in favor of their own cloud service?
    - Are all the battery saving and device optimizations features there?

Verizon had a tendency to alter both in the past. Sigh. Wish they had an unlocked Note 7 like they do with the S7.
    08-11-2016 10:26 AM
    I swear the Blue looks different in every single photo / video I see of it. :-)
    That's what i like about it. Black will only ever be black. While i think the black is gorgeous, the blue is the Note 7 signature color and is the only color on initial appearance that differentiates it from being mistaken for the S7 edge.

gogoplata1980 and dsignori like this.
    08-11-2016 10:36 AM
    My local att store finally got one in display. I looked a couple minutes. Ask couple questions, they only had black.
    Said didn't think think they would get blue, but would have black, gold, silver.
    Att still not gonna have data toggle on drop down menu. Bummer. 😉

Posted from Android Central.
    on Samsung Galaxy s5
    08-11-2016 11:17 AM
180 ... 5678