Where to see the Note 7 in-person? Demo Displays?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Got my hands on a Note 7 today!!

Good to know there are Best buy locations getting demos up. Might have to check mine and see.

T-Mobile is only available from T-Mobile. They use overnight delivery so either UPS or FedEx. It is ship to home if you order online or phone but it doesn't have to be the address listed on your account. I'm having mine shipped to another family members house where I know someone will be home. I might just have it held at UPS or FedEx location so i can pick it up sooner.

Expensive items are supposed to be sig required, but still I don't trust it. Plus I worry the package is thrown around and stuff and get a broken phone. At least buying a phone that the store has you know if it's broken or not before you leave.

I remember when my dad had to ship a pistol to the manufacturer to be repaired and UPS just told him to leave it sitting out for them to pick up!!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Where to see the Note 7 in-person? Confirmed

I went into Best Buy today and it was out for demo. I was shocked because in my town the Best Buy is small and they never have stuff in stock and end up having to drive almost 30 miles to a better one.

They didn't have any cases in stock yet though. The guy told me depends on the manufacturer on release day.

What I probably will do is order a thick case on Amazon for it and take it with me when I go buy the phone. Early on Amazon doesn't sell Defenders cheaper so I'll order a cheaper case, then buy a Defender at the phone store if they have it.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Expensive items are supposed to be sig required, but still I don't trust it. Plus I worry the package is thrown around and stuff and get a broken phone. At least buying a phone that the store has you know if it's broken or not before you leave.

I remember when my dad had to ship a pistol to the manufacturer to be repaired and UPS just told him to leave it sitting out for them to pick up!!
True, they are supposed to be but it happens pretty seldom for me. On the flip side, I had Samsung send me a $15 thumb drive as signature required. What an inconvenience for a low dollar item.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Also good to know you have until aug 28th to purchase to get the free Gear. I don't have to be in such a hurry to decide if I want to pre order and possibly have to wait until after launch to get it, or buy it in person day it comes out. I hear some pre orders people get it after the release date versus just buying it in store.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Also good to know you have until aug 28th to purchase to get the free Gear. I don't have to be in such a hurry to decide if I want to pre order and possibly have to wait until after launch to get it, or buy it in person day it comes out. I hear some pre orders people get it after the release date versus just buying it in store.

You should get the day of launch or before. I know T-Mobile last year delivered their devices to customers a week before available in stores.

Posted via the Android Central App

wildcard30

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Racine Wisconsin Samsung Experience has them out on display.

Attachments

• 2593.jpg
    2593.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 142

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Frisco, Texas has both the sliver and the black out on display, and the Samsung Experience crew is more than ready to convince you to buy one, lol. It's always fun going in to Best Buy or T-Mobile where people assume I know next to nothing, and then surprising them with all of the knowledge I already have.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Frisco, Texas has both the sliver and the black out on display, and the Samsung Experience crew is more than ready to convince you to buy one, lol. It's always fun going in to Best Buy or T-Mobile where people assume I know next to nothing, and then surprising them with all of the knowledge I already have.

back in 2011 when I went to the car lot to buy a 2012 Mustang GT and test drive it the sales guy was like that too. I knew more than he did when I arrived lol. Just like when I'm buying a firearm I pretty much know what I'm looking for when walking in the doors so I don't need no sales pitch or other bs.

The other poster saying last time Tmobile pre order customers got their phones a WEEK before the stores had it? So if I ordered this week I could have the phone next week already??

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

True. But keep in mind that there are a set amount of giveaways for each, I believe (250k of the card and watch). Don't wait too long.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
So I fought the urge and walked over to my Best Buy. There they were.

I only spent a couple of minutes before leaving but mainly wanted to see the colors. I am very happy I went with the black. It's VERY slick looking. Not glossy on the sides and flat. It just looks professional. If you've read in another thread, I was all about the blue but decided against it. I'm very glad that I chose black over blue as I found the side bezels on the blue really ugly. Yes, it's sort of like a rose gold, but the hue is just ever slightly different. The blue is nice, but too light for me and I believe that I may of been happy with the blue overall however the side bezels really kill it for me. If you are on the fence I suggest you go into a store and look at both before pulling the trigger. There were quite a lot of people in the Samsung experience area, and most for paying attention to the black I noticed.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So I fought the urge and walked over to my Best Buy. There they were.

I only spent a couple of minutes before leaving but mainly wanted to see the colors. I am very happy I went with the black. It's VERY slick looking. Not glossy on the sides and flat. It just looks professional. If you've read in another thread, I was all about the blue but decided against it. I'm very glad that I chose black over blue as I found the side bezels on the blue really ugly. Yes, it's sort of like a rose gold, but the hue is just ever slightly different. The blue is nice, but too light for me and I believe that I may of been happy with the blue overall however the side bezels really kill it for me. If you are on the fence I suggest you go into a store and look at both before pulling the trigger. There were quite a lot of people in the Samsung experience area, and most for paying attention to the black I noticed.

Question is is that black mental gonna look rough after a few months. My bet is it will and people will be losing their minds about how rough it looks.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Question is is that black mental gonna look rough after a few months. My bet is it will and people will be losing their minds about how rough it looks.

I'm not worried about that. I case my phones and even still if there is a mark that eventually appears, then it happens. My coworker has a gold edge and its sides are marked up. And after looking at the blue, I am sure the same will happen as well.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

They are at my best buy. I was there looking for them and they were not out yet. The samsung guy asked if I was there to see it. He got one out and let me see it. :) He was getting ready to hook them up to the table. He said I was the first on at that location to see it. :) Pretty cool.

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
My local Verizon had a blue and a silver. The blue is actually very subtle and hard to tell it's blue on account of the extremely reflective metal. For those who have seen the black, is it less reflective making the color more apparent?

Looks: phone looks slender because of its symmetry and wonderful wrapping screen. I changed the color scheme to AMOLED Photo, which didn't inject too much blue into the display like the default vibrant mode does. To my eye this is the most visually appealing phone Samsung has made and it's a pleasure to handle.

Edge software: while the edge apps ala note 4 edge are gimmicky, I found the edge swipe for calendar to be useful especially in that it allows for more multi tasking opportunities. If you're waiting for a YouTube video to buffer you can edge peek swipe to check the edge app without interrupting the buffering.

Iris scanner: I was able to set this up and can attest to its speedyness. Before I could even fully recognize the login screen, the phone had unlocked via iris (and yes I removed all locks before I left the store). I wouldn't want to have to be looking directly at the camera everytime but that's why there's plenty of security redundancy so you can use whatever's most convenient.

Switching between apps: I opened as many heavy memory footprint apps as I could, such as Verizon's NFL Mobile app, Chrome, and YouTube. Surprisingly this phone doesn't come with any bloatware games that, while annoying, would be useful for multi tasking tests. The apps all switched immediately with no reloading and Chrome always opened to the same position in the page I left at. Not a good stress test but it didn't fail.

Conclusion: if I had to buy a phone right now it would be this, no doubt. Samsung took the phone of the year (S7) and improved on it.

Only reason I'm sticking with my broken screen turbo and backup S5 is that the Note doesn't feel future proof. Not for a near future that includes daydream VR, which will give us an exciting specs push we haven't seen in a while.

Hope this was useful

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63