Where to see the Note 7 in-person? Demo Displays?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Did the black have a similar mirror like quality as the silver? I was hoping for a more matte black.

Posted via the Android Central App
Not real shiny. Back seems more like plastic than glass but is a fingerprint magnet. I will use a case. Need to see blue to decide.

The black back appears painted on rather clear glass with black layer beneath.(no idea how it is built really) Looks different than s7e. More conservative, less pretty.

Camera is amazing

Only 37 gb of internal memory available. 800 mb of ram available out of 4. Cleanmaster controls storage.

Last edited:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The back of the black model doesn't seem as reflective as the silver model.

It doesn't seem as bad, but might still annoy me. I thought about putting a skin on it to get rid of the fingerprints. Maybe a carbon fiber skin or something. I'd just have to see how it goes. The back of the phone would have been better as matte black aluminum. Don't they know that everyone hates fingerprints??

sakar12

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Starting today, if anyone is able to find the Note 7, live, in-person, please let us know! I was going to check Best Buy but I think it might take a week or so before they have it.

Saw it at BB today. My first thought was that it looks pretty slick.

My 2nd - - that the screen is not as bright as it used to be. Did anybody else think that?

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't seem as bad, but might still annoy me. I thought about putting a skin on it to get rid of the fingerprints. Maybe a carbon fiber skin or something. I'd just have to see how it goes. The back of the phone would have been better as matte black aluminum. Don't they know that everyone hates fingerprints??

I was thinking about getting a skin as well. Maybe a nice leather one that adds a small amount of cushioning, or at least some extra grip.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Saw it at BB today. My first thought was that it looks pretty slick.

My 2nd - - that the screen is not as bright as it used to be. Did anybody else think that?

It's the same resolution as the Note 5 isn't it?
It had the black purple angled stroke wallpaper applied to the device I saw couple of hours ago.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I just seen the demo both at T-Mobile and Best Buy. I like it not to much different than my S7e. but a upgrade none the less. I'm glad I chose the black over the blue.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Saw the black and the silver today at Best Buy. Glad I ordered the black, it looked good. They had 4 tethered and the guy working in the Samsung experience area also had one behind the counter not tethered.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Went by another Verizon corporate store today and took a couple pictures showing the Verizon Bloat (not too bad) and other apps on the Note 7.
Here are some pictures. Noticed the S Pen was pretty hard to take out of the phone. Need some small fingers or nails.

vn04.jpgvn05.jpgvn06.jpgvn07.jpgvn08.jpgvn09.jpg

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Not real shiny. Back seems more like plastic than glass but is a fingerprint magnet. I will use a case. Need to see blue to decide.

The black back appears painted on rather clear glass with black layer beneath.(no idea how it is built really) Looks different than s7e. More conservative, less pretty.

Camera is amazing

Only 37 gb of internal memory available. 800 mb of ram available out of 4. Cleanmaster controls storage.
37gb free? No wonder 64gb is the minimum.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see the Verizon Hotspot app in the folder... Is that not a thing anymore? I'm still on a note 3 so I'm behind in the times

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
The Best Buy in Clackamas, OR has them out. It's a gorgeous phone, but navigation feels leggy compared to my Moto X Pure. I've never had a Samsung phone, but every one I've ever fiddled with has felt a bit laggy and not very responsive compared to the Moto and HTC phones that I've had.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site