Where to see the Note 7 in-person? Demo Displays?

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Played with it at Best Buy

Oh my this phone.. The black Onyx is is probably the best looking phone I have ever seen. I must resist the expensive pre-order..

Posted via the Android Central App
Agreed.
I was at best buy playing with the note 7 for 15 minutes. It looks and feels much more sturdy/premium than my wife's s7 edge. Black is the best color, IMO.
I sold my s7 edge yesterday and preorder the note 7.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Oh my this phone.. The black Onyx is is probably the best looking phone I have ever seen. I must resist the expensive pre-order..

After seeing the black in these pics, im considering switching to Black from Blue...it just looks so stealthy

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

After seeing the black in these pics, im considering switching to Black from Blue...it just looks so stealthy

That's what I call " shaking up the universe " and trying something outside of your comfort zone to be happy !!!

Great decision in my humble opinion

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The Best Buy in Clackamas, OR has them out. It's a gorgeous phone, but navigation feels leggy compared to my Moto X Pure. I've never had a Samsung phone, but every one I've ever fiddled with has felt a bit laggy and not very responsive compared to the Moto and HTC phones that I've had.

Yeah, it does stutter more when scrolling compared to Nexus phones and the Moto Z. Just open Google Maps on a Note 7 and a Moto Z, zoom out a little, and flick the map around some. The Moto Z is almost completely smooth and the Note 7 stutters even though it has equal specs. This is why I'm looking to upgrade my S7 Edge to one of the new Nexuses in a couple months. I love the battery life, camera, and features of my S7 Edge, and I don't even mind the TouchWiz UI, but the little stutters I see here and there when scrolling annoy me and make me long for something else.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Agreed.
I was at best buy playing with the note 7 for 15 minutes. It looks and feels much more sturdy/premium than my wife's s7 edge. Black is the best color, IMO.
I sold my s7 edge yesterday and preorder the note 7.

How much can you get for an S7 Edge these days?

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I got to play with the Samsung reps one... they didnt have a choice in color and he had it in black... man is it just me.or do Samsung phones just get sexier? I was going to get one but I think I am going to play the waiting game and see whats up with it. I love my galaxy edge and dont know if i am ready to part with it yet.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Had a little hands on with The Note 7 today at Best Buy!

I messed around with the Note 7 today. Feels great in the hand. The 19th could not get here fast enough.

4b47491a778d3242b2ae9276202e90d5.jpg
3bcec0b45cdf6bd0b054c010d38e6851.jpg
23ded8a78735c1a362a72f9373a2715b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I got to play with the Samsung reps one... they didnt have a choice in color and he had it in black... man is it just me.or do Samsung phones just get sexier? I was going to get one but I think I am going to play the waiting game and see whats up with it. I love my galaxy edge and dont know if i am ready to part with it yet.

On a side note... I think I need to be a part time Samsung Rep....

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
The Best Buy in Clackamas, OR has them out. It's a gorgeous phone, but navigation feels leggy compared to my Moto X Pure. I've never had a Samsung phone, but every one I've ever fiddled with has felt a bit laggy and not very responsive compared to the Moto and HTC phones that I've had.

The demo mode is responsible for that lag. Rather than having demo mode on they should just have a little Samsung monitor with a looping video of all the features at the display table. The demo mode at Best buy slows the phone down immensely and kicks you out of what your doing and limits what can be played with. I went to a Verizon store and caught one without demo mode and it's very fast.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hands On with the Note 7, I have very mixed feelings

My local Best Buy just got the Note 7 in so I spent about 30 minutes playing with it, I gota say, I was not that impressed.
I've owned ALL the Notes 1 thru 5,, I will not be getting the Note 7.
It's really just an S7 Edge with an S pen and the iris scanner.
The biggest turn-off for me with the Note 7 is no flat screen.
For a brief time I owned a S7 Edge and hated the Edge factor, while the Note 7 is not as edgy it still made me feel like I was using an S7 Edge again.
I'm currently rockin an iPhone 6s and was waiting for the reveal of the iPhone 7 but now I'm thinkin I might just get a Galaxy S7 as all the leaks make the iPhone 7 look like a modest upgrade from my 6s,,, and I do consider the S7 to be better than my 6s,,, especially the camera.
I'm really thinkin too that the camera improvements for the iPhone 7 will just bring it up to par with the current Galaxy cameras, so the 2017 iPhone will the one that might be worth waiting for.
I've also owned every iPhone model ever made and that 6 Plus and 6s Plus are just to big with all that bezel.
The 2017 iPhone with OLED screen and a way smaller bezel and way better camera is what might be really what's worth waiting for.
Anyhow,,, just random thoughts.
Cheers.
Davyo

"The 2017 iPhone with OLED screen and a way smaller bezel and way better camera is what might be really what's worth waiting for." Note 7 already does. What the iPhone will note have though, but depends on you own likes:

1. Pen (with much better funciton now)
2. Best display
3. Free 256GB sd card - no card slot at all on iPhone
4. Ability to scale display resolution and other power tweaks
5. 3.5MM slot (apparently gone. If not, Lenotorola would look real silly taking a sales hit and too early out of the no 3.5mm gate)

The curve on the Note 7 is not sharp like the Edge. In fact it is so un Edge, my guess is the ticker style apps will not work as intended on the Note 7 if at all. No true edge to ticker with.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What is everybody's verdict about the not-as-curved-as-the-GS7-Edge curved display? I didn't mess with a display unit long enough to have an opinion, but nobody's complained about it so far, so...
I'll complain if it breaks when I drop it!

Very hard to photo the blue.

I really like the blue but I'm leaning toward onyx after finally seeing all 3 together in one place. The shiny blue may be distracting.

Peter2015

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
i was just in Tmobile store on my lunch playing with the blue variant and the back of it was so badly scratched. I asked the guy whats up with that and he said the've been "tossing it around a lot" but the back especially around all four edges was REALLY badly scratched. Did they use the latest gorilla glass for that? I loved the design though fits perfectly in the hand. Would be kind of a shame to hide it behind some ugly case. But i can tell you guys right now the back is not gonna stand a chance if naked.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo