Is Sam's Club deal best?

pinhunter27

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is Sams Club deal best?

That's all I see too. Target is the same way, only Black and Silver. Best Buy has all 3 colors, as does the carrier website (AT&T for me). I wanted Blue, so I'm having trouble deciding if I want the Blue more than $150 Gift Card. The AT&T bonuses intrigue me too, but if all things were equal, I'd take the Gift Card. Wish there was a way to see the phones in person, to decide if the color is a big enough deal. In the end, I think I'll go with the Sam's deal, but I can't decide between Black and Silver, since I was originally set on the Blue.

HA! same dilemma for me except I originally thought I wanted the silver. The blue one looks sleek. The more I look at them online the silver looks white. (in a sense). I know though I want give up that 150 dollar card though, too many accessories wanted, like wireless charger car charger that the 150 dollar card could be useful for.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

As with a previous poster, I am a bit unsure about applying this promotion to a contract plan. I think it will work.
In another thread I read that the contract price will be $299.

I "reserved" Silver, but I'd really like to decide once I see them in-person.
I hope that doesn't affect this promotion. We'll see.

The OP link worked perfectly for me.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

That's all I see too. Target is the same way, only Black and Silver.
When I checked with Target stores I found that they all only have pre-orders for the silver (for the Verizon version). According to a Target person I spoke to it is because they are allotted a certain about of each color they can order, and they reached that limit. He said the same thing happened with the S7 phones when they were up for pre-order.

If anyone wants the silver Target is still a good option, but if you're seeking black you'll have to look elsewhere.

As with a previous poster, I am a bit unsure about applying this promotion to a contract plan. I think it will work.
In another thread I read that the contract price will be $299.

I "reserved" Silver, but I'd really like to decide once I see them in-person.
I hope that doesn't affect this promotion. We'll see.

The OP link worked perfectly for me.
The contract price can vary depending on where you buy it from. Best Buy sells it for $349.99 with a two year contract while some of the other places (like Verizon themselves) sell it for $299.99 with a two year contract.

Last edited:

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

When I checked with Target stores I found that they all only have pre-orders for the silver (for the Verizon version). According to a Target person I spoke to it is because they are allotted a certain about of each color they can order, and they reached that limit. He said the same thing happened with the S7 phones when they were up for pre-order.

If anyone wants the silver Target is still a good option, but if you're seeking black you'll have to look elsewhere.

The contract price can vary depending on where you buy it from. Best Buy sells it for $349.99 with a two year contract while some of the other places (like Verizon themselves) sell it for $299.99 with a two year contract.

Thanks for this.

Pippinsky

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

Hi all. Went to Samsclub today to preorder phone. FYI the store told me it must be done online (after a store member on saturday told me preorder in store started today - monday the 8th) So I come home and go for preorder and it says I've been waitlisted.... Is "waitlist" the same as preordering? Something tells me-no. Would appreciate any thoughts you may have on this matter.
Also, as an existing Sprint guy with an available 2 yr contract available, and NOT wanting to buy the phone outright, are there any better options for preorder out there right now?

BTW-- I'm coming from an Apple iPhone 6, back to the android fold...

MRBULLRED

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Hi all. Went to Samsclub today to preorder phone. FYI the store told me it must be done online (after a store member on saturday told me preorder in store started today - monday the 8th) So I come home and go for preorder and it says I've been waitlisted.... Is "waitlist" the same as preordering? Something tells me-no. Would appreciate any thoughts you may have on this matter.
Also, as an existing Sprint guy with an available 2 yr contract available, and NOT wanting to buy the phone outright, are there any better options for preorder out there right now?

It told me the same thing. I hope that is what it says when you preorder...

Posted via the Android Central App

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

I reserved mine on the fourth. Here's the top part of the email I got from them,

Your reservation was successful
Hi Patrick,

Congrats! Your VERIZON SAMSUNG NOTE 7 64GB - BLACK order is complete.

You can pick up your new phone on August 19th, between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. at the club listed below. Please be sure to pick up your order during this time or it will placed back in stock for purchase.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the same email notice.

I called today to confirm the price of the N7 for those of us on 2-year contract. My local Sam's Club would not comment on price. So, I certainly hope it's the $299 on-contract price that I've heard informally on this forum. $299 is the same price as last year for the N5, so it makes sense.
Here's hoping!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just signed up today. Wish I would have done it earlier because it looked like I've been wait listed. This is definitely the best option for me, but now I'm not sure if I'll be able to get one on the 19th.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Sam's Club Pre-Order

Anyone pre-order the Note 7 at Sam's Club? They have the best deal I have found: A $150 Sam's gift card plus the choice of the sd card or gear. In addition, no fee activation on the weekend it releases.

Anyways, my question is, I pre-ordered it on the 4th and they sent me a confirmation email saying the following:

"Thanks for pre-ordering the SPRINT SAMSUNG NOTE 7 64GB - SILVER. Due to limited availability, you're currently on the waitlist to receive your new phone.
A Sam's Club associate will contact you should the SPRINT SAMSUNG NOTE 7 64GB - SILVER becomes availabile at the club listed below. Phones not picked up within 24 hours of being contacted will be placed back in stock for purchase.
"

I have yet to hear from "a sam's club associate" and am getting a little worried. Has anyone else pre-ordered it at a Sam's Club and heard back? Also, I hope I can do a 2-year contract (with sprint) since my upgrade becomes available on the 12th. I'm not into doing the monthly installment and essentially renting the phone.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sam's Club Pre-Order

I've seen a few people that pre-ordered from Sam's for the 150 bucks card, but I haven't seen that message until now. Most likely it means that you won't get your phone in the first wave of pre-orders, so you might have to wait a week or two before actually getting it after it's been officially released. Or it may be a precaution on their systems and you will, in fact, get your phone on time... give them a call if they haven't called you.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

I've seen a few people that pre-ordered from Sam's for the 150 bucks card, but I haven't seen that message until now. Most likely it means that you won't get your phone in the first wave of pre-orders, so you might have to wait a week or two before actually getting it after it's been officially released. Or it may be a precaution on their systems and you will, in fact, get your phone on time... give them a call if they haven't called you.

Screw it, I'm just going to go there on my lunch break and ask. I want it Day 1.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Let us know how it goes, so maybe other users with the same 'issue' can benefit from the info.

Gearswinger

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

I ordered mine early on the 3rd and my email says that it is reserved and available on the 19th and will be put back in stock the morning of the 20th if I don't get it.

Sounds like your order is waiting for ones like mine to not be picked up.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking they only had a certain amount of devices available for pre-order and unfortunately you didn't make the cut. I'm basing this on your email and the email others have received.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, going to the store did nothing. They weren't helpful in the slightest. They told me that they have no connection to the pre-orders and to call some 800 number. I did and got no where there either. But looking at everyone else's posts, it seems us that got "waitlisted" means we may not get it. But really, how many people in my town ordered a Silver Sprint model? I pre-ordered on the fourth, one day after the announcement. I find it hard to believe they "sold out" that fast.

Now I'm contemplating pre-ordering it at Best Buy, guaranteeing it for me day 1 since you pay when you check out. But doing that, I'll lose out on the $150 gift card at Sam's Club. No idea what to do.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the same email notice.

I called today to confirm the price of the N7 for those of us on 2-year contract. My local Sam's Club would not comment on price. So, I certainly hope it's the $299 on-contract price that I've heard informally on this forum. $299 is the same price as last year for the N5, so it makes sense.
Here's hoping!

I checked out on Best Buy and quit where it asked for payment info, so I could get an idea of the contract price. Looks like it's going to be $350. And $400 at carriers with a $50 mail-in rebate. My buddy works at Sprint and that's what he told me. If this is all true, looks to me that there's 0 good reasons to buy from a carrier store.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I just signed up today. Wish I would have done it earlier because it looked like I've been wait listed. This is definitely the best option for me, but now I'm not sure if I'll be able to get one on the 19th.

I pre-ordered on the 4th and still got wait-listed. They must have an anticipated inventory of 1 model per carrier per color. Ridiculous.