Is Sam's Club deal best?

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
2016-08-09_1722.png

This is what they told me when I FB messaged them. Basically, no help. Same as the in-store associates and the folks I spoke to over the phone. No one over there at Sam's Club seems to have a clue how this works or what's going on.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 234506

This is what they told me when I FB messaged them. Basically, no help. Same as the in-store associates and the folks I spoke to over the phone. No one over there at Sam's Club seems to have a clue how this works or what's going on.

This is how these things work at non-carrier stores. I am going through a similar issue with Target. I can't see any way that they have reasonable access to the "waiting list" to tell you anything. If you want it on the 19th... consider something else. If you want it when they get more, then wait for it, and hope for the best.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I am hearing in other threads to expect $349 for on-contract, subsidized N7's. I guess if the "no-activation fee" is really a thing at Sam's, it could offset the higher price.

Only time will tell.
-bk

MRBULLRED

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
This is how these things work at non-carrier stores. I am going through a similar issue with Target. I can't see any way that they have reasonable access to the "waiting list" to tell you anything. If you want it on the 19th... consider something else. If you want it when they get more, then wait for it, and hope for the best.

Not getting it release day sucks but what makes it worse is even if you get it a few days later you may lose out on the waived activation charges along with the gift card, and gifts maybe. I'm really thinking of pre ordering through verizon now.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Agreed.... I would go with the idea that you missed that promo, and start shopping for the next best one.

That's actually what I'm looking at doing now. I imagine I missed out. And I'll be out of town on the 20th so I won't be able to hit them up then either.

MRBULLRED

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Agreed.... I would go with the idea that you missed that promo, and start shopping for the next best one.

That's what I just did. I don't want the silver so target is out. I went ahead and ordered from Verizon so I at least won't have to pay the activation fees.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
That's what I just did. I don't want the silver so target is out. I went ahead and ordered from Verizon so I at least won't have to pay the activation fees.

I'm thinking I may have to bite the bullet and pre-order from Best Buy or AT&T just to make sure I get one. I REALLY wanted that gift card to Sam's or Target because my family and I shop there all the time. But I'm guessing I missed out.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Wow, this is terrible. So are you guys going to other stores now..what's the next best deal? I checked out Target and they ONLY have Verizon n7's in all 6 surrounding stores (what the hell?). Unfortunately, I need Sprint. Is it only Best Buy or carrier stores left? Costco isn't doing anything? What a shame.

Do you think it's possible to preorder and pay at bestbuy.com and then if Sam's Club emails me the day of (19th) I can just cancel the Best Buy order and get refunded?

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
If you got on the waiting list I'd recommend going to best buy.. they at least are doing direct fulfillment on the free gift. I got lucky and have one Reserved at both sams and target ... small towns help. Also spoke to best buy yesterday and sounds like Sunday they will know of they can match the gift cards from sams or targets so best buy could be the way to go... at least that's what I was told yesterday.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
If you got on the waiting list I'd recommend going to best buy.. they at least are doing direct fulfillment on the free gift. I got lucky and have one Reserved at both sams and target ... small towns help. Also spoke to best buy yesterday and sounds like Sunday they will know of they can match the gift cards from sams or targets so best buy could be the way to go... at least that's what I was told yesterday.

Oh wow, if they could match either or for the gift cards that would be fantastic. I just realized you have to preorder at BB in the physical store in order to get the sd card. Online the only option is the Gear. So, I will be going after work to BB to reserve and will ask about matching the giftcard.

If Sam's Club emails me and says they have one for me on the 19th though, I'm hoping BB will allow a cancellation of the pre-order. Anyone know if they'll do that?

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I did one at best buy and they just charged me 50 dollars to hold it which was put on a BB gift card. I cancelled it once I found out about sams club and got mine reserved. So truly not out anything just now stuck with a 50 dollar gift card to BB which I'll just use for accessories or something

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh okay, so they will make me pay the $350 up front then since I'm doing a 2 year contract. Really wish Sam's Club would just email me.

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Oh okay, so they will make me pay the $350 up front then since I'm doing a 2 year contract. Really wish Sam's Club would just email me.

Gotcha. Ya I'm nervous to see what the options are at sams since they aren't saying if you can do the payment plan or gotta pay the 350 up front

zryan91

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know if getting a phone at Sam's will carry the same deals as Verizon? ie when you get one of these n7s you get 2 gb promotional data?

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know if getting a phone at Sam's will carry the same deals as Verizon? ie when you get one of these n7s you get 2 gb promotional data?

Idk about thr 2 gb. They are doing a 150 gift card and then you do the Samsung promo to try n get a fear fit 2 or the 256 mem card

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18