ATT offering BOGO again

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just as a warning to those .. This isn't like a typical BOGO (where you get a card for the price of the phone). This is bill credits to "discount" the phone for 30 months if I recall correctly. It makes it almost a 30 month contract on the line with the "free" one. That can work for some but just some warning to be sure on the terms :).

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Just as a warning to those .. This isn't like a typical BOGO (where you get a card for the price of the phone). This is bill credits to "discount" the phone for 30 months if I recall correctly. It makes it almost a 30 month contract on the line with the "free" one. That can work for some but just some warning to be sure on the terms :).
Yea, it sucks that AT&T plays this game, but this is how they do all of their BOGO promotions now. But if you're not going to leave AT&T during that time, it's not a huge deal.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Been with AT&T since the Note 2 days. I have 2 Note 5's as part of the 60GB double the data plan. If I pay off both of the Next installment balances of the Note 5's would I then qualify for the Note 7 BOGO $695.00 bill credit since essentially I am starting a new Next cycle or would I have to add a third line?

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I am wondering if you can do the buy one get one deal if you purchase at Sam's Club or Target? Or do you have to go directly to an AT&T store?

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Been with AT&T since the Note 2 days. I have 2 Note 5's as part of the 60GB double the data plan. If I pay off both of the Next installment balances of the Note 5's would I then qualify for the Note 7 BOGO $695.00 bill credit since essentially I am starting a new Next cycle or would I have to add a third line?

You would have to add a line.

Posted via the Android Central App

I hope this isn't true, because I went to our local store on Wednesday and they did let me pay off my Next balance on my iPhone 6s Plus and let me use BOGO to replace my son's Galaxy Note 3 (an existing line) so hopefully they'll honor all that on the 19th.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I hope this isn't true, because I went to our local store on Wednesday and they did let me pay off my Next balance on my iPhone 6s Plus and let me use BOGO to replace my son's Galaxy Note 3 (an existing line) so hopefully they'll honor all that on the 19th.

Watch your bill. There have been many reports of store clerks doing things that they shouldnt and then discounts (which is how the "free" phone shows on your bill) never start. Then you are 3 months in, and you don't get your discount, and your return options are limited. I have also heard yelling a lot can still get it fixed, but that's a lot of work when the fine print is on their side.

L_E_O

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You would have to add a line.

Posted via the Android Central App

Anybody know if there's a limitation on cancelling a line and re-adding it? I was already about to cancel one of mine anyway (giving Project Fi a trial run). If I cancel it today, will adding a another one before the 8/31 deadline still qualify? Just checking here before I... *gulp*.. call them...

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
You can add a line and then cancel your current one. I don't think you can cancel, then add that "old number" back to your account.

joganjani

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Anybody know if there's a limitation on cancelling a line and re-adding it? I was already about to cancel one of mine anyway (giving Project Fi a trial run). If I cancel it today, will adding a another one before the 8/31 deadline still qualify? Just checking here before I... *gulp*.. call them...

You can add line and then cancel the existing. You'll lose the number either ways though.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys think? I along with my wife have 2 Note 5's on AT&T Next. Since this BOGO promo is only until Aug 31, my plan is to pay her Note 5 off so it is upgrade eligible and to also unlock it through AT&T. Use that upgrade to get her a Note 7 and then get another Note 7 with a new line to receive the $695.00 credit over 30 monthly bills. Activate her Note 7 as normal and then the same for the other but then take the SIM card out of the one included with the Note 7 and use a nano SIM to micro SIM adapter so that I can put that micro SIM card in my Note Pro 12.2 SM-P907A, which is the AT&T version.Then put my current SIM card which I am still paying on each month for my Note 5 in the other Note 7. We plan on giving the unlocked Note 5 to her sister who lives out of the country and since I am paying for the data each month I figure to just put it in my tablet. Any issues?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463