Backpack Battery?

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
So the Note 7 is upon us. I've been trying to find information about the Backpack Battery but can't find pretty good information. Is the only way to charge it via wireless charging? Or if you plug the phone in to a wall charger will the Backpack get charged too? I'm just thinking if I travel, I don't want the only way to charge the backpack to be via wireless charging.

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
What is the "Backpack battery? If you meant the [h=1]Note7 Wireless Charging Battery Pack[/h], Samsung has info on it on their website here

I saw that. It still doesn't answer my question. If you do not have a wireless charger with you, can you not charge the Backpack?

And Backpack is the official name Samsung used to discussed this product during the announcement.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The backpack charges the phone wirelessly while it is on the phone, but the backpack can be charged via walwart and cable. If that is what you are asking. Not sure, but think it is usb-c ? Would make sense being the phone is.

Last edited:

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the information! You two are definitely more helpful than the information Samsung reps are giving me. Haha.

This is the information Samsung gave me:

Visitor: Let me ask a better question. Can you charge the battery pack if you do not have a wireless charger with you?
Lakshmi N: I am sorry for the confusion. I will provide you the information now.
Lakshmi N: I have checked the details and I see that we need to have the wireless charger to charge the battery pack.

Lol that video clearly shows otherwise. Thanks.

mobilem1

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I think that it is a good idea that Samsung is finally releasing their own battery solution instead of letting customers rely on 3rd party alternatives. It does make me wonder though if internal testing on samsung's part has shown that the note 7 battery life will be somewhat to be desired? First the news of the battery pack and just today I saw that the note software comes with a new power saver option to revert the display to 1080p to save more juice. Awesome idea by the way. I wish android did that natively without requiring an app. Anyway I really wish the battery was closer to 3800 or more. Still trying to decide if I will get this for my wife. Do I continue to hear her complaints that her note 5 is almost dead by the end of her work day or do I get her a note 7, sell the note 5 and hope that battery life will be good enough to get her through the day?

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
The battery backpack is such a bonus in my opinion. I would rather have that as the free giveaway than the smartwatch. This is one of the things that was the icing in the cake for my purchase. Knowin that it is available and that it is also water resistant. Larger battery than the Note 5 and then the battery case means I will be in beast mode all day.

Posted via the Android Central App

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think that it is a good idea that Samsung is finally releasing their own battery solution instead of letting customers rely on 3rd party alternatives. It does make me wonder though if internal testing on samsung's part has shown that the note 7 battery life will be somewhat to be desired? First the news of the battery pack and just today I saw that the note software comes with a new power saver option to revert the display to 1080p to save more juice. Awesome idea by the way. I wish android did that natively without requiring an app. Anyway I really wish the battery was closer to 3800 or more. Still trying to decide if I will get this for my wife. Do I continue to hear her complaints that her note 5 is almost dead by the end of her work day or do I get her a note 7, sell the note 5 and hope that battery life will be good enough to get her through the day?

I think Samsung created the battery pack to compensate somewhat for not designing the Note 7 with a removable battery. Although more bulky, at least there is a battery to keep the phone going. I pre-ordered mine this morning from the Samsung site.

As for your wife, why not get her a wireless charger for work so that she can juice up during to day or does she need to keep the phone on her at all times?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
How many mah does this battery back pack add to the 3500 mah built in battery of the N7?

If of a significant capacity, the backpack battery would seem to offer the advantage of an extended battery for a phone that would otherwise be limited by not having a replaceable battery.

In fact, this accessory could be a deal maker for me to purchase a N7. (Right now, it is hard for me to give up my N3 with my 6400 mah Anker extended battery.) I love not having power depletion anxiety, even at the expense of carrying a heavier phone. For me a power supplement of 1000 mah should be enough.

Does anyone know what the backpack battery will supply?

I am guessing you only turn the back pack on when the phone's internal battery begins to get low. If so, how long does it take for the backpack to fully charge the phone's internal battery,?

Will it power the phone directly, after turning it on, without a delay, if the phone's internal battery was already depleted?

Finally, I am guessing this back pack battery becomes the case for your phone. At least it would seem to protect the back, if not the edges and the front of the phone. Would some other case or bumper be needed and what would fit?

Last edited:

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
That battery pack is the best looking one I've seen yet and it's doubles as a case that's slimmer then most

Posted using my note 5 are gs7 edge the beast

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
How many mah does this battery back pack add to the 3500 mah built in battery of the N7?

If of a significant capacity, the backpack battery would seem to offer the advantage of an extended battery for a phone that would otherwise be limited by not having a replaceable battery.

In fact, this accessory could be a deal maker for me to purchase a N7. (Right now, it is hard for me to give up my N3 with my 6400 mah Anker extended battery.) I love not having power depletion anxiety, even at the expense of carrying a heavier phone. For me a power supplement of 1000 mah should be enough.

Does anyone know what the backpack battery will supply?

I am guessing you only turn the back pack on when the phone's internal battery begins to get low. If so, how long does it take for the backpack to fully charge the phone's internal battery,?

Will it power the phone directly, after turning it on, without a delay, if the phone's internal battery was already depleted?

Finally, I am guessing this back pack battery becomes the case for your phone. At least it would seem to protect the back, if not the edges and the front of the phone. Would some other case or bumper be needed and what would fit?

I just ordered it yesterday and it is 3,100 mah. It is $89.

Galaxy Note 7 Wireless Charging Battery Pack Mobile Accessories - EB-TN930BBUGUS | Samsung US

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
But how does it work? It connects wirelessly to the phone to presumably recharge the phone's internal battery? How long will that take, since wireless charging is slower than just plugging in the phone to charge?

Will the backpack battery work to power the phone directly if the phone's battery is fully depleted at the time the pack is turned on, or must you wait for a partial recharge of the internal battery?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link.
3100 mah sounds great, but the description of the battery pack states that it will go on to charge the N7 battery up to only half of the N7's 3500 mah capacity. Still, if I could get 5250 mah total, that would be more than enough for a heavy day's outing. I wonder, however, whether it charges quickly enough, especially if you are charging while using the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34