Backpack Battery?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link.
3100 mah sounds great, but the description of the battery pack states that it will go on to charge the N7 battery up to only half of the N7's 3500 mah capacity. Still, if I could get 5250 mah total, that would be more than enough for a heavy day's outing. I wonder, however, whether it charges quickly enough, especially if you are charging while using the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

I too noticed about charging half. I wonder if you slap on that pack and use it first would you get more out of the pack and once the pack is drained start using your phone's battery?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think Samsung created the battery pack to compensate somewhat for not designing the Note 7 with a removable battery. Although more bulky, at least there is a battery to keep the phone going. I pre-ordered mine this morning from the Samsung site.

As for your wife, why not get her a wireless charger for work so that she can juice up during to day or does she need to keep the phone on her at all times?
Where did you order it? I can't see anything but the info... No place to actually order... Grrr

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I too noticed about charging half. I wonder if you slap on that pack and use it first would you get more out of the pack and once the pack is drained start using your phone's battery?

That sounds like a great idea. Since you have ordered this, please share your experience with the backpack once you have had chance to use it.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It also seems to be a wireless charger. That would be cool.

One of the problems I seem to have is that USB ports loosen up over time. I try not to use mine just to charge. I only use it in the car on my Note 5. Otherwise it is all wireless for me. What this would do, is charge your device wireless, and if it (the battery) is plugged into a wall outlet, it effectively runs like a wireless charger.

And the half capacity thing... make my wonder how much of the 3100 mah, you are losing to induction loss. I gotta figure that they are being conservative on their estimates. Even so, I kinda want it. I had the zero lemon 9000mah replacement battery for my Note 2, and I miss the all day screen on time..if I wanted it. I don't miss the very, have, large phone though.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like a great idea. Since you have ordered this, please share your experience with the backpack once you have had chance to use it.

I will definitely. I am hoping it shows up before I go on vacation where I will be enjoying all day outings and may need it.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link.
3100 mah sounds great, but the description of the battery pack states that it will go on to charge the N7 battery up to only half of the N7's 3500 mah capacity. Still, if I could get 5250 mah total, that would be more than enough for a heavy day's outing. I wonder, however, whether it charges quickly enough, especially if you are charging while using the phone.

That's because the device starts charging as the device battery depletes. The net result is still 3100 mah of extra juice. It is a factor of charge rate verses time.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
That's because the device starts charging as the device battery depletes. The net result is still 3100 mah of extra juice. It is a factor of charge rate verses time.
A lot of energy is wasted from the wireless charging. You can really feel the heat on the S7 Edge version.

Charging is also slow, very slow. And the S7 version does not support wireless charging. It charges the S7 wirelessly but the pack has to be charged by plugging in. Hopefully the new Note 7 version fixes that.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
The battery backpack is such a bonus in my opinion. I would rather have that as the free giveaway than the smartwatch. This is one of the things that was the icing in the cake for my purchase. Knowin that it is available and that it is also water resistant. Larger battery than the Note 5 and then the battery case means I will be in beast mode all day.

I agree, if this was one of the accessories you get with the promotion, it would be my #1 pick. However, I will get it anyway..IMO, this looks like a must have for any serious Note user.. Specially peeps like me coming from the Note 4, and NEVER experience a dead phone from battery exhaustion, never. I kept 3 spares with my note 4 at all times..

Again, this is a must have..

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

My understanding from a video showing this accessory is you must first press a button on the backpack in order for it to begin wirelessly charge the phone. It probably wouldn't allow the backpack to be depleted completely in the process, since to do so repeatedly, you would shorten the life of the backpack.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
A lot of energy is wasted from the wireless charging. You can really feel the heat on the S7 Edge version.

Charging is also slow, very slow. And the S7 version does not support wireless charging. It charges the S7 wirelessly but the pack has to be charged by plugging in. Hopefully the new Note 7 version fixes that.

My read on the description of the N7 backpack is it is only wireless as it connects to and charges the phone. The backpack itself must be plugged into be charged, which would be faster than if it could be wirelessly charged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21