Any info if Note 7 supports Day Dream?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-03-2016 02:59 PM
    Not in the announcement and I think they had already said it wouldn't in the leaks, so unlikely. But nope, nothing official that I've seen. In this case, I think 'no news' is 'bad news'. If they didn't mention it, it's veeeeery likely that they didn't bake that in. I wish they'd have given an update timeframe to Nougat though.
    08-03-2016 03:21 PM
    what is google daydream is this something like VR? I don't mean to sound ignorant I have seen on forums folks talking about this but I thought it was something like a screen saver when charging or time out, I could have sworn that a couple years back in the Jellybean days there was a daydream on the nexus phones that was like the phone is sleep and a screen saver correct me if I am wrong. Any how if it is VR I can see why it wouldn't be part of the note 7 samsung has its own VR set up IJS and I could be wrong.
    08-03-2016 03:53 PM
    Yeah, not the best name because you're right, it WAS the name they used for the screen displayed while charging (sort of like an Always On Display/Screensaver). But yeah, it's Google's VR Platform. The Note 7 will be able to use VR software made for Cardboard and the Samsung VR (powered by Oculus), BUT Daydream is the underlying framework for other VR platforms (and rumor has it, Google's own VR hardware). So while it is VR-related, it's not the same, and might be a more powerful VR experience than the Samsung VR (more akin the HTC Vive, if the hardware comes out to match it).
    08-03-2016 04:59 PM