09-09-2016 09:58 PM
140 12345 ...
tools
    I don't care about the style I want a functional phone that allows me to change the battery in a few seconds. Samsung learned from their no sd card mistake why haven't they learned from their non removable battery mistake?
    Did you read the interview with Samsung? They explained why the SD card went away -- it wasn't them trying to get rid of it. It was them not feeling comfortable with the waterproofing so they sac'd it for that model.
    08-04-2016 10:14 AM
    I think they also learned from the S4 Active and the many returns from water damage (Often caused by the back cover not being properly closed/sealed by the user).

Cheers.
    BR
    08-04-2016 10:14 AM
    For me the disappointment comes from the N7 essentially being a S7 edge with an iris scanner and a stylus. It's not because it is a horrible device cause it isn't. It just seems that the past Notes were always beefier that the S series and this year they are the essentially the same. Will i still upgrade to one? Yes, cause my N3 is starting to show it's age. Will I love the N7? I am sure i will cause the N3 has been the best phone i have ever owned and because not matter how you look at it, it is still an upgrade in the Note line of phones. But that's just my 2 cents.
    08-04-2016 10:59 AM
    I know I don't speak for everyone but I do speak among plenty, and any fool can see their Note7 sales are going to get hit hard compared to the Note5's, I'm just really peed off and disappointed that they couldn't do the right thing, even at least just one more time.
    Wait, what was the "right thing"?
    Almeuit likes this.
    08-04-2016 11:22 AM
    With the exynos processor is the best phone on earth let's be honest

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android
    08-04-2016 11:26 AM
    It seems like the reason people are grumpy is because instead of just having a sucky S phone and an awesome Note, Samsung made an awesome S phone with a lot of the features that we'd look for in the Note. Maybe they should have skipped the S7 Edge and then no one would mind the specs of the Note 7?
    08-04-2016 11:27 AM
    Get a Mophie power pack. You won't be tethered ever again.

E Z P Z.
    Yeah but then you double your phone size with a hefty price tag. And you're still tethered at some point.
    08-04-2016 11:30 AM
    Let's face it. The glory days when new phone models wowed everyone with useful features and improved technology are over. Despite the half-hearted review, the Note 7 isn't a pig with lipstick. It is more like a Note 4 with lipstick (and no removable battery).
    I am very excited to know that my new N7 is not a pig with lipstick. Whew ... that's a relief.

I currently own a Note 4 and it is my opinion, along with many others, that the N7 is quite advanced over the N4. Expanded internal storage, expanded external storage, water resistant, larger battery, Iris scanner, advanced fingerprint sensor and HDR video playback.

But, hey, thanks again for letting me know I won't be talking into a pig. Let's face it, most people aren't used to pig mouthpieces.
    Aquila and dlgus like this.
    08-04-2016 11:43 AM
    I am very excited to know that my new N7 is not a pig with lipstick. Whew ... that's a relief.

I currently own a Note 4 and it is my opinion, along with many others, that the N7 is quite advanced over the N4. Expanded internal storage, expanded external storage, water resistant, larger battery, Iris scanner, advanced fingerprint sensor and HDR video playback.

But, hey, thanks again for letting me know I won't be talking into a pig. Let's face it, most people aren't used to pig mouthpieces.
    Just to clarify - since you only crossed "pig" off the list of things you won't be talking into, it may be more simple if we just tell you what you WILL be talking into. It's going to be a phone.
    skatergirl likes this.
    08-04-2016 11:55 AM
    Isn't it great in a free (relative term) market to have choices like the Note 7 to even have these discussions?
    Tom Westrick likes this.
    08-04-2016 12:22 PM
    I agree with the article, I use to look at the Note series as a step above the S series. Now it's just a larger screen with specs from last spring. Which isn't a bad thing, I was just hoping for more.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-04-2016 12:29 PM
    The Note 7 is going to be fantastic. It's not that much different from the S7 Edge because it is already a GREAT platform. It's got some more features and it's more refined, super smart on Samsung's part. No need to put things in there just to satisfy the people that need to see 6G of ram on a phone. You guys are pretty spoiled complaining about it. They are giving you the best device on the market.

Samsung did a great job with the S7/S7 Edge. Perhaps they should have held back so the Note would look that much more powerful
    08-04-2016 12:31 PM
    Yeah but then you double your phone size with a hefty price tag. And you're still tethered at some point.
    The phone does not double in size. They add some bulk, but not twice as much.
    08-04-2016 01:25 PM
    And in yesterdays email Tong was all over how great the Note 7 is and how he cannot wait to use it to write underwater. And he said oh and Apple where are you with some of these ideas
    08-04-2016 03:25 PM
    Maybe so, but he sure isn't wrong. The note used to be the powerhouse for Samsung. Now it's merely something to satisfy the masses. And it barely seems to do that.

I feel like it has come to the point where there just isn't enough differentiation in terms of chips. Qualcomm used to pump 2-3 "flagship class" chips each year so the note could always be a little ahead of others. It is not the case anymore. The note is still a powerhouse of a device and comes with the latest chip (821/823 still isn't out in force). Other than "only 4gb of ram" it still has top of the line specs that will easily power it for years to come.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    08-04-2016 03:36 PM
    More power and fewer features would be better imo. I don't care about iris scanner nor removable battery but I would like a bigger battery. I have to admit I will always miss ir blaster but LG just doesn't make a phone as dependable as Samsung.
    I think the V10 is a worthy competitor for the latest note offering.
    08-04-2016 03:50 PM
    I think the V10 is a worthy competitor for the latest note offering.
    V10 reviews scare me off
    08-04-2016 03:57 PM
    <shrug> if you don't like the N7, don't buy it....even the people who get PAID to care about this are not frothing at the mouth as much as some of you.

08-04-2016 05:13 PM
    Because they're awesome!!!

gotta agree with ya there! EVERY TIME i go with ANOTHER brand, (even rocked the iphone 6splus with an apple watch for a spell) couldn't block out the "call of the wild & wooly" Sammy : )

even Forbes has its doubts-all-5.jpg

BTC
    08-04-2016 05:26 PM
    V10 reviews scare me off
    I hear you, but it really is a great phone.
    08-04-2016 05:34 PM
    I have a V10 and a S7E and honestly I've always been a LG guy. The S7E was my 1st SS phone. The V10 other than the body is dog crap. For the two days I played Pgo. The GPS was all over the place and the FPS was pure garbage.

I've said it before that most phones about all pretty much the same for day to day task, but damn when you fire up a game or take a photo that's when stuff get's real.
    08-04-2016 05:52 PM
    For those that aren't impressed by the specs or features, what does the phone not do that you'd want it to do? Removable batteries are gone due to the high sales of the S6 and S7 lines. They could have used an 821, but I'd be very surprised if that made a difference in day to day performance. Same with 6GB of RAM.
    08-04-2016 07:31 PM
    ^ Exactly. It's like people want stats for the sake of stats.

LegalAmerican likes this.
    08-04-2016 08:16 PM
    Well removeable back and plastic back is why the note didn't sell well. Premium build is why it sells great

Removeable is gone for good
    Are you implying that Samsung's copying iPhone's premium design, build, thin chassis and sealed battery is the reason why people like Samsung now with the S7?

08-04-2016 08:36 PM
    Are you implying that Samsung's copying iPhone's premium design, build, thin chassis and sealed battery is the reason why people like Samsung now with the S7?

The last all-glass iPhone was completely flat (not curved at all) and released in 2012.

But good try.
    08-04-2016 08:44 PM
140 12345 ...