09-09-2016 09:58 PM
140 ... 23456
tools
    Forbes saying the Note7 is "eh" is like saying AndroidCentral is all about iOS.
    08-04-2016 09:32 PM
    People are disappointed because Samsung has traditionally upped various specs on the Note line over the S line. The rumours out there took the most obvious specs (ram, processor, battery, maybe camera) and jacked them up a bit, and thats what people expected or even held out upgrading for. Samsung's previous upgrade path and the rumour mill had expectations a little high.

Surprised to see a smaller battery myself. I was hoping for an all-flat version as well, did not like the curved screen. But am I mad? No, the S line this year is just so solid that it would have been tough to beat it. The N7 is a small upgrade to the best phone out there IMO, which still makes it the best phone for the non-Apple crowd.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-04-2016 09:39 PM
    So again, if the S7 Edge didn't exist, everyone would be happy. That makes no sense but ok.
    08-04-2016 09:48 PM
    Are you implying that Samsung's copying iPhone's premium design, build, thin chassis and sealed battery is the reason why people like Samsung now with the S7?

Posted via the Android Central App
    No one really complains about the iPhones design it's always about ios being so locked down. So, copying some of apples designs and running Android seems like a win.
    08-04-2016 10:01 PM
    So again, if the S7 Edge didn't exist, everyone would be happy. That makes no sense but ok.
    I actually think it's kinda cool that Samsung has matured to the point that they realize that refinement is better than a phone full of gimmicks and overrated specs don't necessarily make for a great phone experience. It looks good on a spreadsheet, but doesn't always translate to satisfied customers. All the spec heads may be disappointed, but I'll bet you both the S7 and the Note finish at or near the top of the best phones of the year.

Ask Nexus owners how important specs are versus experience.

08-04-2016 11:41 PM
    The Note 7 is going to be fantastic. It's not that much different from the S7 Edge because it is already a GREAT platform. It's got some more features and it's more refined, super smart on Samsung's part. No need to put things in there just to satisfy the people that need to see 6G of ram on a phone. You guys are pretty spoiled complaining about it. They are giving you the best device on the market.

Samsung did a great job with the S7/S7 Edge. Perhaps they should have held back so the Note would look that much more powerful
    That's some people issue

Sammy made the s7 to good so it makes the note 7 look less somehow

But note 7 is still the best phone man kind has ever built

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android
    08-05-2016 10:20 AM
    I actually think it's kinda cool that Samsung has matured to the point that they realize that refinement is better than a phone full of gimmicks and overrated specs don't necessarily make for a great phone experience. It looks good on a spreadsheet, but doesn't always translate to satisfied customers.
    Agree. Samsung seems to be going for refinement this time around, rather than just putting together a bunch of specs and gimmicks on a phone. Remember the Galaxy S4?

Of course, there's still some things that should be done, but overall, I actually like this approach of refining their devices and software for a better user experience. I feel that some OEMs miss that.
    08-05-2016 10:28 AM
    Agree. Samsung seems to be going for refinement this time around, rather than just putting together a bunch of specs and gimmicks on a phone. Remember the Galaxy S4?

Of course, there's still some things that should be done, but overall, I actually like this approach of refining their devices and software for a better user experience. I feel that some OEMs miss that.
    We'll I agree with people disappointed that the battery isn't slightly bigger, but other than that, if the S7 is any indication, people coming back to Samsung should be VERY happy with this phone

08-05-2016 11:06 AM
    We'll I agree with people disappointed that the battery isn't slightly bigger, but other than that, if the S7 is any indication, people coming back to Samsung should be VERY happy with this phone

Well, you're talking to a guy who's coming back to Sammy after the S3, which left a sour taste in my mouth. xD
    08-05-2016 11:20 AM
    Well, you're talking to a guy who's coming back to Sammy after the S3, which left a sour taste in my mouth. xD
    Yikes. S3 and S4 were terrible, especially coming of the very good S2. Those two phones are really what drove people away from Samsung.

08-05-2016 11:29 AM
    Yikes. S3 and S4 were terrible, especially coming of the very good S2. Those two phones are really what drove people away from Samsung.

The S3 and S4 were pretty laggy from my experience and it seemed like they forgot about good UX during those times. Just a whole bunch of gimmicks, especially in the S4. I'd say the Notes were the saving grace during those periods.

To me, however, the S6 was the start of something. Sure, the battery was small and it didn't have expandable storage, but it started to address the issues people had with their devices, especially software. The S7 built on that to make what I personally think is Samsung's crowning jewel. Since the Note7 is built on the same platform, it's going to be pretty great.
    08-05-2016 11:44 AM
    How is the Note 7 not coming with the best you can get? They didn't cheap out on the processor... or the screen, or the storage technology AND size.... the battery might be 100mah smaller than the S7 Edge, but they also happen to have to make room for the S-Pen which, almost by default, is the best stylus solution available in the mobile space.

It takes the Note 5, which the tech press.. the REAL tech press... thought VERY highly of. They took the 5 and made near every improvement they could possibly make on the phone. So they didn't slap a 4000mah brick in the thing, but they didn't want to turn the phone into a big slab of glass... batteries comprise the vast majority of the weight of a phone, mind you.

I am, by no stretch of the imagination, a Samsung fan... nope... not my thing. I also will not be buying a Note 7, nor do I see a scenario where I would... but I am not going to sit here and tell you that the Note 7 won't be one of, if not the best mobile phone on the market when it drops. It'll be fast, take great pictures, store a ton of stuff and for people using the S-Pen, it looks like it'll have a fair number of cool little doo-dads there. It will be an incredible device.

People need to move on from this 2012 attitude that every new phone has to be twice as fast, take much better pictures, etc... that ship has sailed. Samsung did pretty much everything in their power to design, build and sell the best phone they've ever made. I mean, the criticism seems to just be a kind of mob mentality at this point. I don't get it.

I mean... me... defending Samsung... come on.
    08-05-2016 03:12 PM
    I second this as being ironic. I think a lot of the forums thinks i'm a Sammy fanboy... I'm even further away from Samsung than LeoRex. Cannot stand their design. At all. On a scale from 1 to 10 on how tolerable Samsung is, I rate LeoRex at a 4 and me at a 1.

But I AM a fanboy of facts.

And the Note 7 is factually, objectively better than the Note 5 and the Note 4 and even the Galaxy S6. That said, I don't know if it's better than the S7 Edge or not; seems to be everything good about the Edge + a Pen, so I'd guess it is, but meh.

There's NO denying that Samsung puts out some top notch hardware. They're just generally not putting out a design and software that I personally want.
    08-05-2016 03:28 PM
    How is the Note 7 not coming with the best you can get? They didn't cheap out on the processor... or the screen, or the storage technology AND size.... the battery might be 100mah smaller than the S7 Edge, but they also happen to have to make room for the S-Pen which, almost by default, is the best stylus solution available in the mobile space.

It takes the Note 5, which the tech press.. the REAL tech press... thought VERY highly of. They took the 5 and made near every improvement they could possibly make on the phone. So they didn't slap a 4000mah brick in the thing, but they didn't want to turn the phone into a big slab of glass... batteries comprise the vast majority of the weight of a phone, mind you.

I am, by no stretch of the imagination, a Samsung fan... nope... not my thing. I also will not be buying a Note 7, nor do I see a scenario where I would... but I am not going to sit here and tell you that the Note 7 won't be one of, if not the best mobile phone on the market when it drops. It'll be fast, take great pictures, store a ton of stuff and for people using the S-Pen, it looks like it'll have a fair number of cool little doo-dads there. It will be an incredible device.

People need to move on from this 2012 attitude that every new phone has to be twice as fast, take much better pictures, etc... that ship has sailed. Samsung did pretty much everything in their power to design, build and sell the best phone they've ever made. I mean, the criticism seems to just be a kind of mob mentality at this point. I don't get it.

It is the best stylus in market

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android
    08-06-2016 12:12 AM
    Two weeks from now the leaderboards will be full of comments stating how fantastic the Note 7 is. I consider it a worthy successor to my Note 4(unlike the Note 5).

Adegbenro Agoro. Galaxy Note 4.
    08-06-2016 03:59 AM
    Forbes has its doubts on one review and then calls it's the best android ever

Samsung Galaxy Note 7: First Impressions Of The Best Android Ever
    Aquila likes this.
    08-06-2016 04:42 AM
    I second this as being ironic. I think a lot of the forums thinks i'm a Sammy fanboy... I'm even further away from Samsung than LeoRex. Cannot stand their design. At all. On a scale from 1 to 10 on how tolerable Samsung is, I rate LeoRex at a 4 and me at a 1.

But I AM a fanboy of facts.

And the Note 7 is factually, objectively better than the Note 5 and the Note 4 and even the Galaxy S6. That said, I don't know if it's better than the S7 Edge or not; seems to be everything good about the Edge + a Pen, so I'd guess it is, but meh.

There's NO denying that Samsung puts out some top notch hardware. They're just generally not putting out a design and software that I personally want.
    what design and software are you looking for?
    08-06-2016 04:44 AM
    Forbes has its doubts on one review and then calls it's the best android ever

Samsung Galaxy Note 7: First Impressions Of The Best Android Ever
    Isn't that kinda contradictory?
    08-06-2016 09:30 AM
    Yep. Which is why I fell over laughing when the poor guy posted the original Forbes article like he was doing something lol.

Forbes online is click bait like no other.

08-06-2016 09:52 AM
    Ian Morris is very knowledgeable and says things without twisting them around. He is the intelligent one at Forbes Mobile. Ewan is a clickbait master. I have had conversations with him and he is the biggest apple fanboy. He is slowly changing his tune.
    08-06-2016 10:21 AM
    Ian Morris is very knowledgeable and says things without twisting them around. He is the intelligent one at Forbes Mobile. Ewan is a clickbait master. I have had conversations with him and he is the biggest apple fanboy. He is slowly changing his tune.
    I was a apple fan boy (I own a mac, iPad and the iPhone 6 plus 128GB), but apple cannot innovate anymore, I am making the right choice moving to android right?
    08-06-2016 11:38 AM
    As I've said before, I'm still using s5. And this will be my first note.
    So for me , screen size, ram, etc, will be a big improvement for me. ☺
    My concern is all the glass, front and back and dropping and cracking it.
    I have dropped my s5 more times then I want to count. And have a tempered glass screen it and only recently have a hairline crack on tiny bit of of it. Not phone screen but tempered glass.
    All this being said, I'm pretty sure I will buy note 7.
    I've read every review of all other phones. None seem to compare to this one.
    I'm sure if I had bought the 7edge, I might not think note was such a upgrade.
    So still trying to find a Best Buy or att store on my area that has a demo. 😊

Posted from Android Central.
    on Samsung Galaxy s5
    08-06-2016 12:20 PM
    You've gotta realize that phones are starting to "top out". Look what Apple has been able to do with 2GB of RAM for all the these years. I think Samsung is looking to refine what's already a great thing before their next big step. I have a Note 5 and to be very honest, there's no reason for me to be upgrading to the Note 7 other than me being a bit of a phone geek...that's me being perfectly honest.
    dsignori likes this.
    08-06-2016 01:12 PM
    Definitely worth a try. If you have become bored of how stale the iphone has gotten. The note 7 will have alot of new features in a much smaller package than the iphone 6 plus. I also have an iphone 6 plus and it just collects dust and is more cumbersome to hold for having a smaller screen.
    08-06-2016 01:20 PM
    The Verizon store I frequent for my needs is saying note 7 is being pre-ordered and hearing positive feedback on receiving. I pre-ordered. It was a pain. Kept having site issues but got it done. Just wish receiving earlier

skatergirl likes this.
    08-07-2016 07:52 PM
140 ... 23456