even Forbes has its doubts

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Maybe so, but he sure isn't wrong. The note used to be the powerhouse for Samsung. Now it's merely something to satisfy the masses. And it barely seems to do that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Ewan spencer is an apple nut for years. But he's been secretly changing his tune because he has been testing so many samsung phones that he can't keep lying to himself

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Oh btw Ewan crowned the moto G as the best android phone one year. That should tell you how much of biased apple fanboy he is

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe so, but he sure isn't wrong. The note used to be the powerhouse for Samsung. Now it's merely something to satisfy the masses. And it barely seems to do that.

Well Samsung gives the people what they want... They even said so in an interview recently.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
the only thing it doesn't have is IR Blaster for remote control and removable back. People need to get on with life and let the past go. In every other aspect the N7 is the best phone on the planet right now. Hell Samsung even came up with an battery back that a 1000x better than that brick Apple came up with.

SammyOnMyMind

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
It probably won't be as big as it should, only because Samsung already crushed the buildings with the S7 phones. Everyone and their momma has one. The Note 7, IMHO, is shaping up to be a better phone, if only minimally. A lot of people are upset, but you really can't go wrong with an S7 Edge with a stylus. The S7 is a great phone!

For S7 owners, it's a pass.... for people who need the replaceable battery option, it's also a pass. For everyone else, it's a purchase-worthy product.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Trust me, the Note 7 WILL be a powerhouse for Samsung.

Gearu

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
The pretense under which I embraced the Note when I got my N3 is that it was a spec jump over the S line (while waiting for anyone to release a phone good enough to replace my Galaxy S2), taking up the flagship mantle for the first time, and then the S5 jumped the N3 6 months later and so on, but now Samsung have just crapped over all this perfect win-win-for-everyone arrangement that was solidly established.
The least they could have done is feathered things off in the last couple of months by issuing even semi-legit statements and claims about how hardware and software development may possibly not have an overwhelming need to progress so rapidly, but they didn't, thus we execute our right to be enraged at being dumped on with this unexplained, inexcusable, insulting device.

I know I don't speak for everyone but I do speak among plenty, and any fool can see their Note7 sales are going to get hit hard compared to the Note5's, I'm just really peed off and disappointed that they couldn't do the right thing, even at least just one more time. It was right there... all they had to do is continue the pattern that the Note's growing sales were born from... But nope.
My Note 3 may be old, it's got Jelly Bean, the camera's no longer super-impressive, the screen's 'only 1080p', the browser may struggle with modern webpage coding on rare occasion, but the Note3 in general is nowhere near the grave.
I'm not bothered by the rise of the sealed battery, and Samsung killed the IR blaster when they sold their blaster app to some morons who somehow set it to force updates, who then ruined the app with bugs. Don't miss it.

If I were to buy the Note7 that would just make me an enabler for Samsung to continue doing the wrong thing.

By the way, I never believed the 6GB ram, snap 823, 4500 mah battery rumors for the record, but I sure as hell couldn't bring myself to believe the leaked specs either.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I saw the live black one tonight at Verizon. I went to get the Gear S2 watch cause in promo for 50.00
I knew I was going to preorder the Note 7. Glad I could see it. It's beautiful.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Looks like your are looking for articles to justify some false requirement you have. No one cares a damn about removable battery with fast charging and fast wireless charging. Get a battery case if you are paranoid about battery even with all the latest fast charging technology. We get awesome design in turn with water proofing. It's loaded in the spec wise as well. What exactly you were looking for? 6 GB RAM? 4 GB is lots of ram. Processor is top notch, iris scanner, s pen, refined UI.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
No one cares a damn about removable battery with fast charging and fast wireless charging.

Uh, I do. I went from a Note 4 to an S7 edge. Fast charging and Fast Wireless charging are nowhere near as convenient as being able to swap a battery out. Being tethered to a charger now really sucks. And the Fast Wireless charger is extremely slow when you have your screen turned on.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Check out Brian Tong/CNET on YouTube. He loves the N7, and believes the N7 is the best phone of the year. He had already claimed that for the S7 but now after playing with the phone for a while he is claiming that for the N7. I get the idea of removable batteries. I had the N2, N3, and N4, and had to carry around extra batteries for all of them. Even bought extended batteries for a couple of them. But I love the note series for the s-pen, screen, and camera. My note 3 is still running good but I have already pre-ordered the N7. The design, the bigger battery, the HDR capable screen, the production capabilities of the phone keeps me in the note series, plus I have a Samsung TV which I can easily screen mirror from my phone wirelessly. I might not have upgraded had my note 4 not went out on me after only a year. For those of you who like the removable battery I am sorry but looks like the note 4 may be your last best bet as far as Samsung is concerned. Might be a good time to buy one or two for later. I had thought about doing that but I decided to move on. The v20 is coming out on September 6th and that might be a good alternative for some?