even Forbes has its doubts

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's mob mentality. A lot of folks have Note 7 blinders on and only want to hear similar viewpoints. Go against the mob and you get crushed....

I personally wish removable batteries would return, but understand why they won't and have dealt with it. That's not to say people can't still express disappointment that the Note 7 doesn't have it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Would not go as far as to say mob mentality. The title of the post regards the opinion of Forbes. If Phil Nickinson had his doubts, the thread would hold more weight and would not contain as many sarcastic remarks.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What are you talking about? The Note 7 is loaded with power user features.
More power and fewer features would be better imo. I don't care about iris scanner nor removable battery but I would like a bigger battery. I have to admit I will always miss ir blaster but LG just doesn't make a phone as dependable as Samsung.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I know I don't speak for everyone but I do speak among plenty, and any fool can see their Note7 sales are going to get hit hard compared to the Note5's.
Um, I'm not too sure about that.

Remember that the Note5 wasn't available in Europe. The Note7 will be. So that's already one significant advantage the 7 has.

Will it sell in S7 numbers? Not really, especially since the Note usually sells fewer units compared to the S. Will it sell in high numbers? Probably, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
the only thing it doesn't have is IR Blaster for remote control and removable back. People need to get on with life and let the past go. In every other aspect the N7 is the best phone on the planet right now. Hell Samsung even came up with an battery back that a 1000x better than that brick Apple came up with.
Is there a battery back for Note 7? Tell me more.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Is there a reason that people get attacked for expressing their opinion, just because it differs from what someone else thinks? If they aren't impressed with the Note7 then they're not impressed. It's not going to stop the people who want the phone from buying it so why does it bother people that some expected/wanted more from the Note7? Differences of opinion should be expected because we all use our devices OUR own way. What's right for me might not be what's right for you, and that's okay.

Who's getting attacked here? A rebuttal to your opinions is an attack?

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have had N1, N2, N3, N Edge, S7E and while the N7 is not so different from the Current S7/S7E as prior Note versions were, this is by design. the Note is now a mainstream device and not aimed at a limited user group any more. There is some additional refinement of the 7 series with the bigger screen and added function of the s-pen and enabled apps. this is the evolution of the Note series of devices. Just my Opinion tho..

Cheers.
BR

jabloomf1230

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Let's face it. The glory days when new phone models wowed everyone with useful features and improved technology are over. Despite the half-hearted review, the Note 7 isn't a pig with lipstick. It is more like a Note 4 with lipstick (and no removable battery).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't care about the style I want a functional phone that allows me to change the battery in a few seconds. Samsung learned from their no sd card mistake why haven't they learned from their non removable battery mistake?

Did you read the interview with Samsung? They explained why the SD card went away -- it wasn't them trying to get rid of it. It was them not feeling comfortable with the waterproofing so they sac'd it for that model.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I think they also learned from the S4 Active and the many returns from water damage (Often caused by the back cover not being properly closed/sealed by the user).

Cheers.
BR

Dracolan

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
For me the disappointment comes from the N7 essentially being a S7 edge with an iris scanner and a stylus. It's not because it is a horrible device cause it isn't. It just seems that the past Notes were always beefier that the S series and this year they are the essentially the same. Will i still upgrade to one? Yes, cause my N3 is starting to show it's age. Will I love the N7? I am sure i will cause the N3 has been the best phone i have ever owned and because not matter how you look at it, it is still an upgrade in the Note line of phones. But that's just my 2 cents.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I know I don't speak for everyone but I do speak among plenty, and any fool can see their Note7 sales are going to get hit hard compared to the Note5's, I'm just really peed off and disappointed that they couldn't do the right thing, even at least just one more time.

Wait, what was the "right thing"?

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
With the exynos processor is the best phone on earth let's be honest

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It seems like the reason people are grumpy is because instead of just having a sucky S phone and an awesome Note, Samsung made an awesome S phone with a lot of the features that we'd look for in the Note. Maybe they should have skipped the S7 Edge and then no one would mind the specs of the Note 7?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Let's face it. The glory days when new phone models wowed everyone with useful features and improved technology are over. Despite the half-hearted review, the Note 7 isn't a pig with lipstick. It is more like a Note 4 with lipstick (and no removable battery).

I am very excited to know that my new N7 is not a pig with lipstick. Whew ... that's a relief.

I currently own a Note 4 and it is my opinion, along with many others, that the N7 is quite advanced over the N4. Expanded internal storage, expanded external storage, water resistant, larger battery, Iris scanner, advanced fingerprint sensor and HDR video playback.

But, hey, thanks again for letting me know I won't be talking into a pig. Let's face it, most people aren't used to pig mouthpieces.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I am very excited to know that my new N7 is not a pig with lipstick. Whew ... that's a relief.

I currently own a Note 4 and it is my opinion, along with many others, that the N7 is quite advanced over the N4. Expanded internal storage, expanded external storage, water resistant, larger battery, Iris scanner, advanced fingerprint sensor and HDR video playback.

But, hey, thanks again for letting me know I won't be talking into a pig. Let's face it, most people aren't used to pig mouthpieces.

Just to clarify - since you only crossed "pig" off the list of things you won't be talking into, it may be more simple if we just tell you what you WILL be talking into. It's going to be a phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08