Pre-ordered today, Verizon wants to give me a sweet deal on watch....

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So I pre-ordered my Note 7 today and Verizon salesman offered me a good discount on the Gear 2 watch...$50. I dont know if its worth it or not. I wear a Citizen watch as my everyday watch. I guess there would be a line charge for the watch. really trying to decide what to do.

How valuable is something like this to you guys that have it?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It's the Gear S2 on promo..their newest one. I have the gear2 as well
I got it tonight. It's well worth it. I like having a smartwatch. Great addition to the phone. I do think the Gear 2 is prettier. I have the bronze. But the Gear S2 does much more. I got the black. Will get watch bands to dress it up. I am impressed. Will take getting used to.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
He probably wants to sell you a data add on plan to go with it. They basically want you to throw more money at them every month.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
It's a good deal, but remember you would need to sign a 2 year contract and add a line and pay the monthly fee, on AT&T it's $10 a month, not sure how much it is on Verizon.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's the Gear S2 on promo..their newest one. I have the gear2 as well
I got it tonight. It's well worth it. I like having a smartwatch. Great addition to the phone. I do think the Gear 2 is prettier. I have the bronze. But the Gear S2 does much more. I got the black. Will get watch bands to dress it up. I am impressed. Will take getting used to.

Gear 2 and gear s2 are two completely different phones. Gear s2 is a good deal for the price.. Does it require a 2 year commitment?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, It's $49.99 for the watch plus a $40.00 activation fee and like $10.00 extra a month on your bill and a 2 year contract.

Or you can get the Gear S2 Classic for only $99.00

It's the $40. activation fee that gets you. I'm tempted to purchase the classic though.

Last edited:

EvilHomer3k

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
The activation fee. Where you pay verizon so they can set you up to pay verizon on a monthly basis. It's not a good deal unless you were already planning on getting one and using it on Verizon. Otherwise any savings gets eaten up by the data plan. Note that this isn't a knock on the Galaxy Gear S2. It's a great smartwatch and well worth $100. From what I've read you can also get a 256 gb sd card for free.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, It's $49.99 for the watch plus a $40.00 activation fee and like $10.00 extra a month on your bill and a 2 year contract.

Or you can get the Gear S2 Classic for only $99.00

It's the $40. activation fee that gets you. I'm tempted to purchase the classic though.
$10/mo is $240 over 2 years. If you need mobile data service on the watch then sure it is a good deal. Otherwise, I would pass

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I was leaning toward the watch till y'all reminded me about that other stuff...256 gb card it is!

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I was leaning toward the watch till y'all reminded me about that other stuff...256 gb card it is!

The free offer from Samsung, Gear Fit 2 does not require data and is free. The Gear 2 offer is a different offer from the carrier that is intended to get addtional lines activated.