Pre-ordered today, Verizon wants to give me a sweet deal on watch....

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
The gear S2 promo, $50 for sports and $99 for classic models... Two year contract required.... $40 activation fee and the line is $5 per month.....

They're making room for the new Gear S3

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So I pre-ordered my Note 7 today and Verizon salesman offered me a good discount on the Gear 2 watch...$50. I dont know if its worth it or not. I wear a Citizen watch as my everyday watch. I guess there would be a line charge for the watch. really trying to decide what to do.

How valuable is something like this to you guys that have it?
Must be GS2. Can't possibly be a Gear 2

Wait... You pre-ordered in a store? What salesperson. You have to pre-order online.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's the Gear S2 on promo..their newest one. I have the gear2 as well
I got it tonight. It's well worth it. I like having a smartwatch. Great addition to the phone. I do think the Gear 2 is prettier. I have the bronze. But the Gear S2 does much more. I got the black. Will get watch bands to dress it up. I am impressed. Will take getting used to.

Posted via the Android Central App
I like Gear 2 better due to ir blaster and camera.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I thought Samsung was offering it for FREE

Posted via the Android Central App

The free promo is the Gear fit2, you can pick between that or a 256 gb memory card.

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Gear & Gear S
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Gear Circle
Samsung Gear Level U
Samsung Gear Level Box
Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition
Samsung Gear VR for Note 5

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I would rather pay $50. and have Verizon service. :p
And with the ugly Verizon logo and one of the worst bloat, and can't use any device I want. I rather use a T-Mobile service which gives me crazy LTE speeds where I live, unlimited data and let me use any device of my choice. I'll consider Verizon once they become a dumb pipe instead of crapping up phones.

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
And with the ugly Verizon logo and one of the worst bloat, and can't use any device I want. I rather use a T-Mobile service which gives me crazy LTE speeds where I live, unlimited data and let me use any device of my choice. I'll consider Verizon once they become a dumb pipe instead of crapping up phones.

If T-Mobile ever decides to provide reliable service .. I'd consider them. Until then .. they are a no go .. They are really really really bad in my area (major city)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If T-Mobile ever decides to provide reliable service .. I'd consider them. Until then .. they are a no go .. They are really really really bad in my area (major city)
That's unfortunate.. Where they have good service i get blazing LTE speeds, unlimited on top I can't recall when i last used WiFi on my phone

51a31cd7aa1881ae09e804008584ae53.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The gear S2 promo, $50 for sports and $99 for classic models... Two year contract required.... $40 activation fee and the line is $5 per month.....

They're making room for the new Gear S3
Ugh. I'd rather just use it as bluetooth watch. Anyway they won't let me add it to my unlimited plan

rustmonkey

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I got the deal and convinced them to waive activation and upgrade fees when moving away from an old hotspot I had on my account. Online they're advertising waived activation and upgrade fees on ANY device so I just talked the rep into it ;)