Its curved only. My flat s7 is amazing, Ive dropped it multiple times still no cracks (although obviously some scratches). I use a very thin clear TPU case on my S7.

Will I be able to do this with the Note 7, I hate bulky cases? The edge seems extremely fragile and Ive read in the S7 edge thread about peoples screens cracking out of no where without even dropping it....yikes! Its 850$ Id hate to have to worry about it 24/7...
    08-03-2016 11:22 PM
    The edge of the S7e is slightly fragile. Stay tuned because I hear that issue has been fixed with the Note 7.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-03-2016 11:33 PM
    I agree with Throttle Johnny.

There has been discussions about the durability of the N7 screen and there has been some credible concerns. For example, it's only natural for the glass edge portion of the N7 to be the weakest part of the phone due to the glass being so thin. Hopefully, the many drop test that will be appearing shortly will give us better insight on the durability.
    08-03-2016 11:45 PM
    You should wait until after all the drop tests are posted on YouTube and then make a decision. I know my S7 Edge is the only phone screen I have cracked, and I have been using smartphones for 10 years.
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    08-04-2016 01:43 AM
    I am hopeful that Gorilla Glass 5 will fix how fragile the edge screens may have been in the past. At least Samsung has recognized that it is an issue enough to have improved the material with which the edge screen and back is made to the extent the glass is now 80 percent break proof. That's reassuring, but no guarantee if you are in the unfortunate 20 percent whose screen breaks after a 1 meter drop. ( No mention is made whether Gorilla Glass 5 is more scratch resistant than GG4, which was much worse in that regard than GG3.)

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-04-2016 03:16 AM
    Fwiw, I've never scratched a screen before my S7 Edge. Little micro scratches all along the curve. Never used a screen protector, but I always use cases.
    08-04-2016 03:21 AM
    I thought I heard that glass screen protectors will be or are available for the Note7. This is a must. It would still be pretty difficult to hit right on the edge while using a case, though. I know accidents happen, but I think more people need to treat their phones like a $850 device. Most people wouldn't throw their laptop on a table.
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    08-04-2016 05:27 AM
    They'll be available. The question is will they be any good. People say even for the S7 they weren't that good, and for the edge version they were just downright terrible.
    08-04-2016 05:41 AM
    They'll be available. The question is will they be any good. People say even for the S7 they weren't that good, and for the edge version they were just downright terrible.
    They clearly made changes to the Note 7 screen, GG5, and different angles on the edges. Makes you wonder if those changes, the angles in particular, are to toughen up the device. An earlier poster said that the edges would be the thinnest glass, and that would not be true. It doesn't have to be, depends on how it was made and how large the curve is. With the Note 7 angles/curves being so tight, it might actually be the thickest part of the screen.

The problem is that the edges are exposed to abuse, without the protection of a bezel. I am hoping a simple case, would add enough thickness to it, to prevent the glass from being the first point of impact.
    08-04-2016 09:04 AM
    To ease the concern the phone has G5 glass which should be that much stronger.
    njshoremom4gurlz likes this.
    08-04-2016 09:10 AM
    It has an 80% survival rate at 1.6m.

Personally I wouldn't risk it without case, if you are worried about drops.
    08-04-2016 10:33 AM
    If you're that concerned, just use a case.

I have dropped my S7E at least three times with it landing on it's screen side. Not one crack. However, I have a few minor scratches that you can only see if I tilt my phone a certain way or if I am purposely looking for them. HOWEVER, I do have a case on my phone where the lip is slightly raised on the front at the top and bottom of the phone.

Cases are a must, IMO, with a curved screen.
    08-04-2016 10:47 AM
    Note 7 has grillia glass 5! Shouldn't be too bad.

I dropped my Blackberry priv 5 times naked on asphalt and no damage. Gorilla glass 4

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android
    08-04-2016 11:28 AM
    Sounds like the G4 glass claims lol.
    08-04-2016 12:56 PM
    Gorilla glass is awesome !!!! Go Samsung!
    08-05-2016 08:29 AM
    Sounds like the G4 glass claims lol.
    Well gg5 states 80% survival rate at 1.6m.
    08-05-2016 09:43 AM
    I'm going to find a screen protector, just in case.
    08-05-2016 01:33 PM
    I purchased a clear OtterBox case because I wanted to see the Blue Coral it looks great and until I purchased one LifeProof NUUD all of my phones have been in OtterBox cases. This is the first clear OtterBox I will use, I have also heard great stuff about Spigen which are thin and also clear with re-inforced corners. Was thinking of getting one of those for if and when I want to swap out
    08-05-2016 02:44 PM
    Finally saw one today, the edges are much less pronounced than my S7 Edge. It's still a vulnerability, but not as much of one as on the Edge
    08-05-2016 03:00 PM
    Well gg5 states 80% survival rate at 1.6m.
    That's average over varying angles. You hit the corner of the curve, you're screwed.
    08-05-2016 04:30 PM
    That's average over varying angles. You hit the corner of the curve, you're screwed.
    Sure... Or face first onto a rock. It is just statistical.
    08-05-2016 04:51 PM
    I have dropped my s7 edge flat on the screen from waist height and to my luck no crack....
    The only phone screen I have cracked yet in my life is lumia 1020...
    Simple drop in the gym on the wooden floor and bang...screen cracked...soo it depends on luck how u your phone falls...

posted from Limited red and gold Lumia 950, Beautiful S7 Edge gold or Surface pro 4
    08-05-2016 05:08 PM
    Its curved only. My flat s7 is amazing, Ive dropped it multiple times still no cracks (although obviously some scratches). I use a very thin clear TPU case on my S7.

Will I be able to do this with the Note 7, I hate bulky cases? The edge seems extremely fragile and Ive read in the S7 edge thread about peoples screens cracking out of no where without even dropping it....yikes! Its 850$ Id hate to have to worry about it 24/7...
    The curve on the note 7 is almost unnoticeable. it is nothing like the s6 edge or s7 edge. You should be able to get a thin case and be alright.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    08-05-2016 05:55 PM