08-15-2016 09:57 PM
84 ... 234
tools
    The problem with Sam's club if you dont have a membership you cannot place a pre-order and 1-day pass will not be honored either. Target deal works out you can choose the finance option in order to get the $100 gift card and pay of the phone the next day.
    I pre-ordered at Sam's without a card. I have a Costco and BJ's card. My Buddy is adding me on his account for the day lol.
    d2r2 likes this.
    08-10-2016 07:36 PM
    The catch is carriers then charge you $20 per month since a contract line again. Verizon off contract per line is $20. It goes to $40 with two year contract phone. Either way they get their money.
    The contract is still the cheaper way to go. The person on the two year contract is paying $20 more (for 24 months) than the non-contract person. 20x24=480. The two year contract person is paying $299 for his/her phone. 480+299=779. Meanwhile the person who is paying the entire cost of the phone at one time ($864), or in installments 36x24=864. The two year contract person ends up paying $85 less. If $85 isn't a big deal to you, or your planning to jump to another carrier in the next 24 months (you may be going with a phone that will not work on their network) than that's up to you.
    08-10-2016 08:27 PM
    I pre-ordered at Sam's without a card. I have a Costco and BJ's card. My Buddy is adding me on his account for the day lol.
    I just remembered my friend works at sams club so im gonna go througg her and i already have costco membership but costco will announce their promotion on the day phone is available for purchase.
    08-11-2016 03:30 PM
    The contract is still the cheaper way to go. The person on the two year contract is paying $20 more (for 24 months) than the non-contract person. 20x24=480. The two year contract person is paying $299 for his/her phone. 480+299=779. Meanwhile the person who is paying the entire cost of the phone at one time ($864), or in installments 36x24=864. The two year contract person ends up paying $85 less. If $85 isn't a big deal to you, or your planning to jump to another carrier in the next 24 months (you may be going with a phone that will not work on their network) than that's up to you.
    One of use doesnt quite understand something....and it may be me! Anyways, with me being off contract I pay 80 dollars for 10gb of shared data. With my wife, daughter and I, all of us having samsung galaxies and being off contract, I pay 15 dollars per device to access the shared data, along with unlimited text and voice. Three devices is 45 dollars plus the 80 for the gbs. Total 125 dollars plus taxes.

If I finance the N7 from verizon, they add 35 per month to my bill to pay for the N7. They also increase my line access for my line from 15 to 40 dollars, because I am no longer off contract. So I dont get the big discount on the line access fee. As a result, my monthly bill goes up by quite a bit more than just the 35 dollars for the phone payment. It goes up to like 185 plus taxes.

The other thing is, everytime I have made an adjustment to my account, my billing has been screwed up a minimum of 4 months why they sort it out and I have to call them every month.

I would rather just pay for the phone one time on my credit card and have my bill remain stable where it is at.
    08-11-2016 03:44 PM
    i wanted to do the target or sams pre order, but the targets around me only show verizon and sams seems to be sold out. maybe ill just hold out for the international version...
    08-11-2016 09:09 PM
    Just pre ordered from target. No down payment required. Anyone know the cheapest phone that I can buy that qualifys for the $200? Does the trade in have to be active on the account? I dont believe so, just want to make sure.

Anyone have an educated guess on what the costco deal will be?
    08-11-2016 09:11 PM
    Just pre ordered from target. No down payment required. Anyone know the cheapest phone that I can buy that qualifys for the $200? Does the trade in have to be active on the account? I dont believe so, just want to make sure.

Anyone have an educated guess on what the costco deal will be?
    I work at Costco and no announcement yet,
    08-14-2016 05:56 PM
    tablet stinks if you get that one...
    08-15-2016 09:52 PM
    One of use doesnt quite understand something....and it may be me! Anyways, with me being off contract I pay 80 dollars for 10gb of shared data. With my wife, daughter and I, all of us having samsung galaxies and being off contract, I pay 15 dollars per device to access the shared data, along with unlimited text and voice. Three devices is 45 dollars plus the 80 for the gbs. Total 125 dollars plus taxes.

If I finance the N7 from verizon, they add 35 per month to my bill to pay for the N7. They also increase my line access for my line from 15 to 40 dollars, because I am no longer off contract. So I dont get the big discount on the line access fee. As a result, my monthly bill goes up by quite a bit more than just the 35 dollars for the phone payment. It goes up to like 185 plus taxes.

The other thing is, everytime I have made an adjustment to my account, my billing has been screwed up a minimum of 4 months why they sort it out and I have to call them every month.

I would rather just pay for the phone one time on my credit card and have my bill remain stable where it is at.
    I don't think that's right. If you finance with them they will reduce your line fee. That's what Att does. Off contract or Att next and the fee is reduced.
    08-15-2016 09:57 PM
84 ... 234