What Note 7 Pre-Order Offer is the best deal?

dlscott1111

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Spoke to a rep at target. Not every store will be getting the note from every carrier. None of the ones close to me will have the at&t model. Set up a pre order at a store 40 miles away.

Were you able to buy it full price? Do you have to activate it for the gift card? Thanks.

Gmoney600

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Target will sell out outright. I purchased my s7 from target outright and still got the free vr and $100 gc. The cashier did need management approval but it definitely wasn't a big deal. I plan on doing the same thing again on the 19th

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused. When I follow the link for trade-in details, it shows that my working S4 is only worth $24. Does it go to $200 when I order the Note 7?

Posted via the Android Central App

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just left Target. Mobile rep said they won't even sell you the phone if you plan to buy outright. You can only buy the phone if you activate and select the carrier financing option.

Can't you finance and then pay it off after a month or two?

jamesaru

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I never got the Target email so just used another email address and got it right away. I'm hoping to activate the phone on Sprint with the 2 year commitment plan (without actually changing our plan details). We'll see how that goes.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget that if you activate on AT&T to link your Plenti card from Plenti.com. You can link it on the AT&T website when looking at your account. You get 2500 points which = $25.

Omlu Omlu

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm confused. When I follow the link for trade-in details, it shows that my working S4 is only worth $24. Does it go to $200 when I order the Note 7?

In my email from target it says you're guaranteed $200 for phone trade in.

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

I thought the same with my note 3. Anyways, I completed the reservation and they sent me a confirmation email. The 200 dollar minimum trade in is written in the confirmation email. it states ...
Get money back on your old phone. When you purchase and activate your Note7 between 8/19 and 8/27, get a guaranteed $200 trade in value with any working smartphone Target electronics trade-in program. Details on applicable trade in devices available at https://targettrade-in.com

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I just left Target. Mobile rep said they won't even sell you the phone if you plan to buy outright. You can only buy the phone if you activate and select the carrier financing option.
This is still confusing. When you say must select a carrier financing option do you mean you must do an ATT next upgrade? So if I don't have an ATT next available, I'm SOL? I don't understand why they require this. It's definitely not clear in the email that activation equates to carrier financing. Man, why does everyone make things so difficult. If I want to pay $900 for the phone, I ought to be able to do so no questions asked. At a minimum, it would be nice to have some clarity.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
This is still confusing. When you say must select a carrier financing option do you mean you must do an ATT next upgrade? So if I don't have an ATT next available, I'm SOL? I don't understand why they require this. It's definitely not clear in the email that activation equates to carrier financing. Man, why does everyone make things so difficult. If I want to pay $900 for the phone, I ought to be able to do so no questions asked. At a minimum, it would be nice to have some clarity.

As a follow up, let's assume you have to use a Next financing plan. Can't you just pay it off in full a week later?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It's about money. If Target signs you up on payment, they are essentially locking you into a contract, which means Target gets paid by the carrier. If they sell it outright, there's no carrier kickback and Target only makes money on the device, which is pretty slim.

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Those are all separate offers. You could go into Best Buy and get the Free Fit2 or 256gb microSD AND free Gear s2 (with 2 year activation) AND .99 Tab E (with 2 year activation).

You do not have to accept the s2 and the Tab E though as those require 2 year contracts and extra amounts on your bill. Best Buy will give you your Fit2 or SD card in store though rather than mailing in.
I went to Best Buy specifically to get the Gear Fit 2 when I pre-ordered... They told me I ha story wait until release day. There was a Samsung rep saying the same thing in the store too...

I told them I had it in kg cart and was about to buy online and it said I could pick up in store that day... I would have done that but I couldn't figure out the payment plan thing on their website with Verizon...

Anyway - it's pre-ordered with Best Buy and I won't have my watch until the day I get the phone.

Also - I just paid $40 for the 128 gig card on Amazon. Rather pay $40 for it and get a free watch.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Yep, as long as the terms allow it to be paid off early, you could sign up with financing then pay it off. Many people do this.

Yep, that's the plan. I have a Next eligible phone on my plan. So buy the phone, sign up for Next, payoff right away. No biggie.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. To take it one step further - If I use my Target card to get the extra 5% savings but buy the phone w/ a payment plan, what exactly am I putting on my card that would make it eligibile for my Target discount if my monthly payments are made through Verizon? Never purchased a phone anywhere but a Verizon flagship store. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12