What Note 7 Pre-Order Offer is the best deal?

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Target is $899 plus the Fit or SD card, but you also get a $100 Target gift card. If you're a Red Card holder you should also get an extra 5% off. Not bad if you're planning to buy it out right.

Posted via the Android Central App

Still a good deal, but, unless I'm missing something, Target is charging $899 while Verizon is charging $864. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Just mentioning for those (like myself) who are trying to whittle down the price as much as possible. :)

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Spoke to a rep at target. Not every store will be getting the note from every carrier. None of the ones close to me will have the at&t model. Set up a pre order at a store 40 miles away.
Same here. I'm with AT&T and all the target stores near me (online) only have the Verizon Note 7 available to pre-order. Bummer....

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Still a good deal, but, unless I'm missing something, Target is charging $899 while Verizon is charging $864. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Just mentioning for those (like myself) who are trying to whittle down the price as much as possible. :)

I'd look at what you'd pay under a two-year contract under Verizon as well. The way I figure it if you were to get it for $299.99 under a two year contract, and then take your 5% off that (if Target has the two year contract for $299, and you pay that to Target with your Target card) brings you to $285. If you then end up paying $20 a month for 24 months under contract that adds up to $480. Add that to the $285 and you have a total of $765. $99 less than your paying $864 out right, or $134 if you were paying the $899. If you take your 5% off the $899 your still paying $855. If you get a $100 gift card that would pretty much make it like you paid $665. If I'm factoring everything right.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. To take it one step further - If I use my Target card to get the extra 5% savings but buy the phone w/ a payment plan, what exactly am I putting on my card that would make it eligibile for my Target discount if my monthly payments are made through Verizon? Never purchased a phone anywhere but a Verizon flagship store. Thanks!

You only get 5% on what you put on your Target card. If it's ZERO DOWN you get ZERO. I just bought an iPhone 6S for my wife and put down $100 and only got $5. If you pay in full you don't get the $100 gift card (if they would even sell it paid up front)..

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'd look at what you'd pay under a two-year contract under Verizon as well. The way I figure it if you were to get it for $299.99 under a two year contract, and then take your 5% off that (if Target has the two year contract for $299, and you pay that to Target with your Target card) brings you to $285. If you then end up paying $20 a month for 24 months under contract that adds up to $480. Add that to the $285 and you have a total of $765. $99 less than your paying $864 out right, or $134 if you were paying the $899. If you take your 5% off the $899 your still paying $855. If you get a $100 gift card that would pretty much make it like you paid $665. If I'm factoring everything right.
The catch is carriers then charge you $20 per month since a contract line again. Verizon off contract per line is $20. It goes to $40 with two year contract phone. Either way they get their money.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The catch is carriers then charge you $20 per month since a contract line again. Verizon off contract per line is $20. It goes to $40 with two year contract phone. Either way they get their money.
It depends on the plan... I intentionally stick to my legacy nationwide plan so there is no monthly premium change going on contract. That and I have multiple lines with 100gb of unrestricted data per line on Verizon on most of my lines.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You only get 5% on what you put on your Target card. If it's ZERO DOWN you get ZERO. I just bought an iPhone 6S for my wife and put down $100 and only got $5. If you pay in full you don't get the $100 gift card (if they would even sell it paid up front)..
Yep. My point is they shell game the total cost.
It depends on the plan... I intentionally stick to my legacy nationwide plan so there is no monthly premium change going on contract. That and I have multiple lines with 100gb of unrestricted data per line on Verizon on most of my lines.

d2r2

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
That's the same issue here in California all Target stores for Verizon don't have black but silver only.

Also those who are looking to make a purchase out right. Choose finance option and pay off the phone afterward in order to get the Target $100 dollar gift card.

d2r2

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Can't you finance and then pay it off after a month or two?

Posted via the Android Central App

Go with a finance option and pay of the phone when ever you feel like it. Some Target stores will sell the phone out right but for 899.99. If you finance then 849.99 is the price for the phone. Plus you will get the $100 dollar gift card.

Ron Zombie

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
The problem with Sam's club if you dont have a membership you cannot place a pre-order and 1-day pass will not be honored either. Target deal works out you can choose the finance option in order to get the $100 gift card and pay of the phone the next day.
I pre-ordered at Sam's without a card. I have a Costco and BJ's card. My Buddy is adding me on his account for the day lol.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

The contract is still the cheaper way to go. The person on the two year contract is paying $20 more (for 24 months) than the non-contract person. 20x24=480. The two year contract person is paying $299 for his/her phone. 480+299=779. Meanwhile the person who is paying the entire cost of the phone at one time ($864), or in installments 36x24=864. The two year contract person ends up paying $85 less. If $85 isn't a big deal to you, or your planning to jump to another carrier in the next 24 months (you may be going with a phone that will not work on their network) than that's up to you.

d2r2

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered at Sam's without a card. I have a Costco and BJ's card. My Buddy is adding me on his account for the day lol.
I just remembered my friend works at sams club so im gonna go througg her and i already have costco membership but costco will announce their promotion on the day phone is available for purchase.

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
The contract is still the cheaper way to go. The person on the two year contract is paying $20 more (for 24 months) than the non-contract person. 20x24=480. The two year contract person is paying $299 for his/her phone. 480+299=779. Meanwhile the person who is paying the entire cost of the phone at one time ($864), or in installments 36x24=864. The two year contract person ends up paying $85 less. If $85 isn't a big deal to you, or your planning to jump to another carrier in the next 24 months (you may be going with a phone that will not work on their network) than that's up to you.

One of use doesnt quite understand something....and it may be me! Anyways, with me being off contract I pay 80 dollars for 10gb of shared data. With my wife, daughter and I, all of us having samsung galaxies and being off contract, I pay 15 dollars per device to access the shared data, along with unlimited text and voice. Three devices is 45 dollars plus the 80 for the gbs. Total 125 dollars plus taxes.

If I finance the N7 from verizon, they add 35 per month to my bill to pay for the N7. They also increase my line access for my line from 15 to 40 dollars, because I am no longer off contract. So I dont get the big discount on the line access fee. As a result, my monthly bill goes up by quite a bit more than just the 35 dollars for the phone payment. It goes up to like 185 plus taxes.

The other thing is, everytime I have made an adjustment to my account, my billing has been screwed up a minimum of 4 months why they sort it out and I have to call them every month.

I would rather just pay for the phone one time on my credit card and have my bill remain stable where it is at.

tristanstewart

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i wanted to do the target or sams pre order, but the targets around me only show verizon and sams seems to be sold out. maybe ill just hold out for the international version...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo