08-15-2016 09:57 PM
84 123 ...
tools
    For those of you pre-ordering the Note 7, what promo offer do you think is the best value, the Fit Watch, or the 256 EVO card?

I really like the Gear S2 Classic Watch. I plan on ordering the S3 Classic watch when it comes out next month for use with my new Note 7. Which ever promo I accept, I will be most likely selling it on eBay so I wont be as much out of pocket when I get my Gear S3.

So, do you think I should get the 256 card or the Fit?

For those of you who are pre-ordering the N7, What promo are you going to get and why?
    08-04-2016 06:02 AM
    It think sams has the best deals

Posted using my note 5 are gs7 edge the beast
    08-04-2016 07:07 AM
    Thats true Phillip, but you still get to choose between the watch and the memory card
    08-04-2016 07:20 AM
    I've got an original gear S, and gear S2, not really wanting the Fit2. So I'm going with the 256gig Samsung sd card, for use in the N7.
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    08-04-2016 08:15 AM
    I'm going through AT&T and I opted for the Gear S2 & the Galaxy Tab E for .99 I'd prefer the sd card though. I did find some class 10's online for around $10 which won't hurt the pocket to try out.
    08-04-2016 09:54 AM
    I'm going through AT&T and I opted for the Gear S2 & the Galaxy Tab E for .99 I'd prefer the sd card though. I did find some class 10's online for around $10 which won't hurt the pocket to try out.
    I think I'm leaning this way too. Either AT&T or T-Mobile, with the watch as the freebie. And possibly getting the tablet if I go with AT&T.
    gant77 likes this.
    08-04-2016 10:01 AM
    Well, as someone in another thread pointed out, if I get the watch, I have to activate it, and pay per month....

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-04-2016 05:31 PM
    Target is $899 plus the Fit or SD card, but you also get a $100 Target gift card. If you're a Red Card holder you should also get an extra 5% off. Not bad if you're planning to buy it out right.

08-04-2016 10:25 PM
    I promised my wife that she could have the fit 2 when I order the phone ( I have the original gear and the gear S)

08-04-2016 10:46 PM
    Target is $899 plus the Fit or SD card, but you also get a $100 Target gift card. If you're a Red Card holder you should also get an extra 5% off. Not bad if you're planning to buy it out right.
    This is what I plan to do. 5% is a lot when for consider the phone is 900. It doesnt look like they have any At&t phones available for preorder yet though
    08-04-2016 10:55 PM
    I just upgraded from Gear2 to the S2. I am going to get the SD card

08-04-2016 11:13 PM
    I'm on AT&T, but I'm annoyed by the fact that both their "freebies" - the watch and the tablet - require 2-year data plans. No thank you. So I'll probably go with Best Buy. I was told, accurately I hope, that I'm not tied into AT&T's freebies. That I can choose the Fit2 or the micro-SD. Hopefully I can get the micro-SD. I already have the Gear S2.
    Jona005 likes this.
    08-05-2016 08:03 AM
    Banking on the upcoming new VR headset being a bonus gift in the next few months. If not, I'll just wait for price to tick down a bit.

08-05-2016 08:52 AM

You only get the 5% off on the down payment not the full price (unless of course you pay in full) however if you PIF you don't get the $100 Target Gift Card. At least that's how it worked last week when I got my wife an iPhone 6S w/$150 gift card. "Financing" was required.

Edit: Also, I am unable to PREORDER at Target. They offer it online but they won't do it.
    08-05-2016 09:28 AM
    Well, as someone in another thread pointed out, if I get the watch, I have to activate it, and pay per month....

There is a MONTHLY FEE for the watch ????? I had no idea.
    08-05-2016 09:31 AM
    BJ's Wholesale Wearhouse has a deal right now where any working smartphone gets you $250. The salesperson at their Verizon kiosk confirmed I will get that for my Droid Turbo. I never sold that phone and is been collecting dust. I then will sell my Note 5 on eBay. That deal goes through the end of the month.

08-05-2016 09:34 AM
    I think that Target is definitely the best promotion hands down. Not only do you get the $100 gift card but you also get a guaranteed $200 trade in value on any working smartphone. I can't believe no one has posted this on their website. Sign up for the pre-order and they will send you an email stating this:

pre-order confirmation

Silver

good to know

• Free $100 Target Gift Card with activation of your pre-ordered Samsung Galaxy Note7
    • Free Samsung GearFit2 or Samsung 256GB memory card fulfilled via SamsungPromotions.com
    • Get money back on your old phone. When you purchase and activate your Note7 between 8/19 and 8/27, get a guaranteed $200 trade in value with any working smartphone Target electronics trade-in program. Details on applicable trade in devices available at https://targettrade-in.com
    • Insure your phone against loss, theft, accidental damage, cracked screens and malfunction through our comprehensive protection programs.
    • Target Mobile™ can activate all types of embedded devices from tablets to wearables. Visit us at your nearest store and ask for details.
    sqa4life likes this.
    08-05-2016 09:36 AM
    I saw that thread yesterday and didn't understand it.
    Really don't think this is the case, since it doesn't have a radio in it, it relies on wifi and BT.
    Look here:
    Samsung Gear Fit2 - Fitness Watch | Samsung US

Where's the radio?
    I'd say no activation.
    08-05-2016 09:44 AM
    I think that Target is definitely the best promotion hands down. Not only do you get the $100 gift card but you also get a guaranteed $200 trade in value on any working smartphone. I can't believe no one has posted this on their website. Sign up for the pre-order and they will send you an email stating this:

pre-order confirmation

Silver

good to know

• Free $100 Target Gift Card with activation of your pre-ordered Samsung Galaxy Note7
    • Free Samsung GearFit2 or Samsung 256GB memory card fulfilled via SamsungPromotions.com
    • Get money back on your old phone. When you purchase and activate your Note7 between 8/19 and 8/27, get a guaranteed $200 trade in value with any working smartphone Target electronics trade-in program. Details on applicable trade in devices available at https://targettrade-in.com
    • Insure your phone against loss, theft, accidental damage, cracked screens and malfunction through our comprehensive protection programs.
    • Target Mobile™ can activate all types of embedded devices from tablets to wearables. Visit us at your nearest store and ask for details.
    Do you have a link for the order?
    08-05-2016 10:02 AM
    I'm on AT&T, but I'm annoyed by the fact that both their "freebies" - the watch and the tablet - require 2-year data plans. No thank you. So I'll probably go with Best Buy. I was told, accurately I hope, that I'm not tied into AT&T's freebies. That I can choose the Fit2 or the micro-SD. Hopefully I can get the micro-SD. I already have the Gear S2.
    Those are all separate offers. You could go into Best Buy and get the Free Fit2 or 256gb microSD AND free Gear s2 (with 2 year activation) AND .99 Tab E (with 2 year activation).

You do not have to accept the s2 and the Tab E though as those require 2 year contracts and extra amounts on your bill. Best Buy will give you your Fit2 or SD card in store though rather than mailing in.
    08-05-2016 10:12 AM
    There is a monthly fee for the Free Gear s2 ... there is not a monthly fee for the Free Gear Fit 2. 2 different offers.
    08-05-2016 10:12 AM
    08-05-2016 10:14 AM
    I saw that thread yesterday and didn't understand it.
    Really don't think this is the case, since it doesn't have a radio in it, it relies on wifi and BT.
    Look here:
    Samsung Gear Fit2 - Fitness Watch | Samsung US

Where's the radio?
    I'd say no activation.
    Agreed that there is no activation/fee for the Fit2, which is what most carriers, Best Buy, and Target (?) are offering. Not sure which watch the PP was referring to, but ATT is offering the Gear S2 and/or a Galaxy Tab E for .99, and in the small print, it says both devices require a 2-year plan.
    08-05-2016 10:17 AM
    Agreed that there is no activation/fee for the Fit2, which is what most carriers, Best Buy, and Target (?) are offering. Not sure which watch the PP was referring to, but ATT is offering the Gear S2 and/or a Galaxy Tab E for .99, and in the small print, it says both devices require a 2-year plan. Jerks.
    As said above .. these are all separate offers. The Free Gear S2 and Tab E are not specific to the Note 7 ... I believe they are valid on just about any Samsung phone you get. The free Gear Fit2 is a Samsung promo that is specific to the Note 7 (and s7e I believe). You do not need to activate that watch because its not a connected device
    08-05-2016 10:21 AM
    I did the preorder but never received an email from Target. Also, nothing about any type of deposit. It just said they'll notify me when they're available at the store.
    08-05-2016 10:27 AM
84 123 ...