I kind of always wanted the first Edge phone from Samsung, but I stayed on Note 4 then Note 5. Now that I have ordered a Note 7 I am very psyhced about the use of the Edge functions. I didn't even realize how much was on offer here....if you're not familiar it's worth watching the video from PC Magazine linked above showing the S7 Edge demo of Edges and some of what you can download to make any of your (9) available Edge slots.

I think this will be very useful to me.
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    08-04-2016 07:48 AM
    https://youtu.be/dk3uCuU4xzE"] [/URL]

Here is even more in depth info...check out the Feeds, how cool is that?!
    skatergirl and gogoplata1980 like this.
    08-04-2016 07:54 AM
    I agree 100%. Not sure why people are souring on edge screens. Must be an aesthetic thing.
    08-04-2016 07:55 AM
    I very rarely used the edge features on the s7 edge.

Also these features can be implemented into a flat screen as well.
    08-04-2016 10:44 AM
    I use the edge features ALL OF THE TIME! It's so convenient being able to do certain tasks regardless of which app I'm using currently.
    08-04-2016 10:49 AM
    I very rarely used the edge features on the s7 edge.

Also these features can be implemented into a flat screen as well.
    I don't see how the Edge Alarm clock panel gets implemented on a flat screen when my phone will lie on its wireless charge pad.
    I don't see how stock prices or RSS news feeds and Twitter will scroll along the edge of a flat screen when it has no edge.
    I don't see how, when lying face down in a meeting, a flat screen phone will light up its (non-existent) edges in Blue for my boss calling, Red for my GF calling....
    I suppose you could argue all of this can be done on a 55" flat screen TV too, but I think that largely misses the point and the ergonomic opportunities of presenting info in this attractive way. If you don't 'like' it or want to buy it, that's fine, but I don't see how you can say all this Edge stuff can be done on the flat screen...it wholly misses the point (and the coolness design factor).
    08-04-2016 11:05 AM
    I think the curve is too small for those features since about half the surface area as the Edge. The only thing I saw was a swipe strip for shortcuts and pen function. You probably would have to be able to read micro-film for it to work on the N7. I tried the N7 today. If it does work, seems it would overlap onto flat surface.

The only real function appears to make the device thinner and still technically claim a 5.7" display.
    08-04-2016 12:16 PM