How locked down will the Note 7 be?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Have tried Adgaurd? It doesn't require root.

I am using it on my S7 Edge. Sometimes though, having the constant Adguard notification on the dropdown gets annoying. This is why I have my Note 5, Note 4 and Note Edge all rooted so I can use Adaway.

I don't have a Note 7 at this time. Not sure if I will skip this year or not.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Times have changed haven't they....I remember when a phone came out the forums were flooded day one with everyone looking for root...I've been around since the hot thing was getting free tethering through root.....Now I have no need to even want root....

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Just discovered I csn do all my complete backups with Helium without root. It's not Titanium Backup that's good sure, but I have less urgency to root now.

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
i haven't had an android phone in a while since i've basically switch to all apple products but i do browse around here still from time to time, and i see root like jailbreak there's not a lot of use for it any more and than the fact of "because i can" but that's just my opinion on it

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Just discovered I csn do all my complete backups with Helium without root. It's not Titanium Backup that's good sure, but I have less urgency to root now.

Helium doesn't backup all apps, even some of the apps that are backed up don't restore, it gets hung when restoring some apps and has to be terminated.

There is a thread on XDA with instructions to root the Verizon model.

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Helium doesn't backup all apps, even some of the apps that are backed up don't restore, it gets hung when restoring some apps and has to be terminated.

There is a thread on XDA with instructions to root the Verizon model.
I haven't had any initial problems with Helium, but I'll keep an eye on it.

DiNgL3HoPp3r

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
With Package Disabler Pro that will allow you to disable anything, I haven't had a need for rooting a Samsung.
I agree. I've owned the s7 Edge, attempted the released root, and went back to stock based on how unstable it was. The ONLY thing if live to have root for is the granular backups that can be dome with root access. Otherwise, Package Disabler Premium it is for me! I dont fond TouchWiz that bad nowadays. Also, I use Nova Launcher with a lot of other apps to repkace the TouchWiz apps. Just replace TouchWiz apps and use Package Disabler Premium to disable the TouchWiz apps.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Please forgive if this is a bit of a noob response. ( this is my first post on android central!), but isn't it possible to disable any app note from within Android app management?

Some apps yes but not all. especially provider bloatware. Ive uninstalled sprint apps in the past without package disabler. The bloatware would magically show up again.

i use it on my kids' samsung tablets to remove alot of stuff i know they wont be using.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995