Hey guys. Does anyone know if the note 7 has a led notification light on the front or, is the always on display feature taking over for that ?
    08-04-2016 02:01 PM
    S7 Edge has it, don't see why the Note 7 wouldn't have it.
    08-04-2016 02:13 PM
    I saw it on the one I played with today. No real way to test it, but I assume its like its predecessors.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    08-04-2016 03:43 PM
    No rumored ring glow though I kinda wanted that feature as long as they included it besides the LED.
    08-04-2016 03:56 PM
    Best Buy guys knew nothing as usual. I ask about led they tell me about the "cool iris scanner"
    08-04-2016 03:59 PM
    Best Buy guys knew nothing as usual. I ask about led they tell me about the "cool iris scanner"
    That's funny, I would have looked around to make sure I wasn't in a Verizon store.
    08-04-2016 07:29 PM
    That's funny, I would have looked around to make sure I wasn't in a Verizon store.
    Nah, vzw reps would have told me about the new ir blaster! LOL
    SpookDroid likes this.
    08-04-2016 07:30 PM
    There's another thread on this... With video proof. It does have it.
    08-04-2016 07:31 PM
    how lovely this unit. I hope to get one of this.
    08-04-2016 08:12 PM
    Nah, vzw reps would have told me about the new ir blaster! LOL
    I could spend a whole day in the store just watching reps talk to customers. It's amazing how clueless both reps and customers can be.
    08-05-2016 10:32 AM
    I could spend a whole day in the store just watching reps talk to customers. It's amazing how clueless both reps and customers can be.
    It's not all that surprising the reps don't know much. Their goals are commission based. When I worked at T-Mobile, I was one of the few reps that was constantly on top of the latest news and tech on the mobile industry. The the exception of the Samsung Experience spots and Apple Store Geniuses, most carriers employees really just don't care enough to stay in the know on their own. They'll go based on what corporate puts out. And customers, kind of the same thing. We are a unique group here.
    08-05-2016 10:45 AM
    Everything I go into the sprint store I think the salesmen cringe, because they are completely clueless and I end up helping customers more than they do. I find it kind of ridiculous that they can't spend a little time and educate themselves about the products they sell.

I have to recertify every 5 years on 8 different subjects for my job and I'm very knowledgeable about what I do. My knowledge helps me make money as I am commission. You think It would be in their best interest to know something. If I found a knowledgeable phone salesmen I would buy all of my phones through them.
    Jona005 likes this.
    08-05-2016 10:58 AM
    I know they have a lot of phones to know about, but you'd think that since this is their full time job that they would certainly at least know about the more prominent ones like the Droids which are specific to them and at least know about the big selling features of them like the shatterproof screen.

Here is an interaction I witnessed when I picked up my current Droid Turbo2. This was with a rep that I know has been there at least a year (since I got my previous phone)

While I was waiting I started talking to an older guy that's there with his wife and they had just decided on the T2 and the rep is in back getting them. The guy asks me if the T2 is a good phone and I say, yes it's a great phone. He said he really likes it because it has the Gorilla Glass and all. So I explain to him that it doesn't have Gorilla glass, but instead has a layered plastic screen and try and extol the virtues of the shattershield to him. The customer is suddenly clearly nervous and apprehensive because the screen isn't Gorilla glass. I continue to try and explain that it's a great screen, just not glass, but just get a glass screen protector and you'll be fine. The rep comes back out with their phones and the guy asks him if the screen is glass and the rep says, "Yes, its glass." I'm standing right there and can't let it go so I interject "No, it's not glass. It's plastic." which makes the rep suddenly look confused. The guy must have remembered me explaining the layered screen and apparently asks the rep about it to which the rep says, "Yes, its 5 layers of Motorola Gorilla Glass." I finally had to walk away... (there is no such thing as Moto gorilla glass since GG is made by 3M)
    08-05-2016 11:23 AM
    Have we established if light flow can control led?
    08-05-2016 01:02 PM
    Have we established if light flow can control led?
    Until the phone's out or the reviewers do so (most don't...it's not a 'popular thing to do' hehe), no way to tell for sure. BUT if it's any indication, LightFlow has been buggy in the latest Sammy phones, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up (it does work, just not as it should and it might cause issues like constant Talkback in the Note 3/S4).
    08-05-2016 01:44 PM