T-Mo JOD Orders before 8/4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up (you probably already got a call from a sales rep or a text anyway).

If you placed your order before 8/4 and are on Jump! On Demand, you payed for the 70 bucks down payment and got a $33.5 monthly charge (plus taxes) for the phone lease. BUT JOD users weren't meant to pay for the 70-dollar upfront charge, so they're offering to either keep the order as it is right now (lower monthly payments but you payed 70 dollars up front) or to cancel your order, return the 70 bucks, and re-do your order without the down payment and a monthly charge of 37.50 (plus taxes) instead, which is basically spreading the 70 dollars throughout the 18 months of the lease.

If you're on JOD, this is probably the best way to go since you are likely not keeping the phone for the full lease term, so you end up paying less. The T-Mo rep said that they have ensured that orders that are cancelled/re-ordered this way will not lose their 'place' in the pre-order queue and will still have all the perks of pre-ordering.

Also, no 20-dollar fee as many users are seeing when ordering on the phone or in store.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I got it and figured when I upgrade in a year I would have spent an extra $22 by not canceling my order, not worth it to me to go through the hassle of it and being put at the end of the order list.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I just left the store where I pre-ordered via JOD and the option for a down payment was not even available. I can confirm what you say. Its 37.50 a month as apposed to the $32.50 with down payment. Yay! Can't wait.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I got it and figured when I upgrade in a year I would have spent an extra $22 by not canceling my order, not worth it to me to go through the hassle of it and being put at the end of the order list.

If the rep is to be believed, the place in the list is guaranteed from the first order. Whether or not that's true, remains to be seen. It took all of 5 minutes for me (and probably 2 of those were the guy asking me for my credit card even though the down payment was showing up as $0).

I wondered about that when I placed my order because one rep had told me that JOD customers wouldn't have to pay the 70-dollar upfront charge, but the girl taking my order couldn't find a way to do that. Guess their systems were ready a day late.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Op is correct! I just went through the process and my upfront payment of $69.99.. will not be charged to my account...0 down payment!.
This is based on your credit!.
Thank you tmobile!

Posted via the Android Central App

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just a heads up (you probably already got a call from a sales rep or a text anyway).

If you placed your order before 8/4 and are on Jump! On Demand, you payed for the 70 bucks down payment and got a $33.5 monthly charge (plus taxes) for the phone lease. BUT JOD users weren't meant to pay for the 70-dollar upfront charge, so they're offering to either keep the order as it is right now (lower monthly payments but you payed 70 dollars up front) or to cancel your order, return the 70 bucks, and re-do your order without the down payment and a monthly charge of 37.50 (plus taxes) instead, which is basically spreading the 70 dollars throughout the 18 months of the lease.

If you're on JOD, this is probably the best way to go since you are likely not keeping the phone for the full lease term, so you end up paying less. The T-Mo rep said that they have ensured that orders that are cancelled/re-ordered this way will not lose their 'place' in the pre-order queue and will still have all the perks of pre-ordering.

Also, no 20-dollar fee as many users are seeing when ordering on the phone or in store.
I was told you DO lose your place in line.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to assume when it comes to Tmobile, it won't matter. We will all get our phones early anyway. At least that's what I'm counting on. ☺️

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I was told you DO lose your place in line.

I've seen a few people post that they also lost their place in line, basically cancelled their pre-order and created a new one which puts you at the end of the que. One person said they got the rep to issue a credit to their account instead of canceling the pre-order and creating a new one; if you can get them to do that then you should keep your current spot. I haven't seen anyone who has just placed an order state what ship date they were quoted, it may still be the original 18-19... so it may not even be an issue. My problem is I'm an impatient SOB and I want it as soon as possible :D

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile also said last night that I wouldn't be in the first "wave" for shipping if I cancelled only to reorder for the 0 down. That's why I took took the bill credit.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a few people post that they also lost their place in line, basically cancelled their pre-order and created a new one which puts you at the end of the que. One person said they got the rep to issue a credit to their account instead of canceling the pre-order and creating a new one; if you can get them to do that then you should keep your current spot. I haven't seen anyone who has just placed an order state what ship date they were quoted, it may still be the original 18-19... so it may not even be an issue. My problem is I'm an impatient SOB and I want it as soon as possible :D

Well, conflicting info! haha I was told you didn't lose your place... who knows, still shows up as shipping date on the 18th overnight. Also hoping for an early release like the past couple of times.

michellebjohn

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I called and canceled today and changed my color from black to blue. I am fickle and will jump again so I didn't want to lose the downpayment. The rep told me I would not lose my place in line. We shall see...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I called and canceled today and changed my color from black to blue. I am fickle and will jump again so I didn't want to lose the downpayment. The rep told me I would not lose my place in line. We shall see...

That's two reps telling us that we wouldn't lose our place in line, and two reps saying that we would. Will it matter in the end? Stay tuned! hehe

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
The T-Mobile sales guy I spoke with at my local mall told me that maybe I can expect it be shipping sometime next week and get it a week before its released. BTW he told me he ordered the black one for himself. Now I definitely can't wait fot this.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I've been debating this. The Care team on Twitter DM told me it would be a new order so I would lose my current position. Which makes sense because you end up with a new order number, which is sequential.

When the first rep messed up my order and I had to get it fixed the next morning, I had a new order number. They didn't just fix the existing order.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
That's two reps telling us that we wouldn't lose our place in line, and two reps saying that we would. Will it matter in the end? Stay tuned! hehe
And watch the pissed off people post that cancelled and reordered complain that they haven't received their phones while others post in the "I got mine" thread.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
For those that made the switch to not have the down payment, how long did it take you to get the new EIP lease document to sign? I got the cancelation email for my original order in less than an hour, but haven't seen a new EIP lease document yet (7-8 hours).

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
For those that made the switch to not have the down payment, how long did it take you to get the new EIP lease document to sign? I got the cancelation email for my original order in less than an hour, but haven't seen a new EIP lease document yet (7-8 hours).
Sounds like something is wrong with your order. I'd hit up Care on Twitter DM and have them take a look. The EIP email should come in a matter of minutes, if not immediately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar