08-08-2016 03:39 PM
48 12
tools
    It's been called 2 radios in countless posts for years. I'm not an engineer so I don't know what they call it.

Now do you also deny calls over lte are dropped in 3G zones?

I do have to apologize about the way old EVDO works. To have simultaneous voice and data you must have LTE and 3G signals simultaneously. Voice over LTE and data over 3G. When you drive into 3G zone you keep call but lose data. With Advanced calling on LTE call the call is dropped when you drive into 3G zone.

When it works on my Note 3 I see 3G in the bar at the top but in order to keep data I must have some access to LTE that isn't showing up in the status bar. Since I do not have advanced calling when I start a call on lte then drive into 3g the call switches seamlessly and I never drop call.
    08-04-2016 10:45 PM
    I honestly am never in a 3G zone, so it isn't an issue for me.

The OP stated he is specifically asking about software changes anyway...
    08-04-2016 10:49 PM
    I honestly am never in a 3G zone, so it isn't an issue for me.

The OP stated he is specifically asking about software changes anyway...
    Maybe my Note 3 is more likely to connect to 3G? I'm often in 3G according to icon at top. I get 1G sometimes too.
    08-04-2016 11:06 PM
    Maybe my Note 3 is more likely to connect to 3G? I'm often in 3G according to icon at top. I get 1G sometimes too.
    Wow, that blows. Are there other carriers with better coverage near you? Boy I would hate that if it were me ..
    08-04-2016 11:09 PM
    Wow, that blows. Are there other carriers with better coverage near you? Boy I would hate that if it were me ..
    It's only at a few spots and indoors. I guarantee there are deadspots in every state. Perhaps in a spot you have no data at all I have 3G or 1G. Perhaps Note 3 needs a stronger LTE signal than your phone to connect to it. Who knows.
    08-04-2016 11:11 PM
    It's been called 2 radios in countless posts for years. I'm not an engineer so I don't know what they call it.

Now do you also deny calls over lte are dropped in 3G zones?

I do have to apologize about the way old EVDO works. To have simultaneous voice and data you must have LTE and 3G signals simultaneously. Voice over LTE and data over 3G. When you drive into 3G zone you keep call but lose data. With Advanced calling on LTE call the call is dropped when you drive into 3G zone.

When it works on my Note 3 I see 3G in the bar at the top but in order to keep data I must have some access to LTE that isn't showing up in the status bar. Since I do not have advanced calling when I start a call on lte then drive into 3g the call switches seamlessly and I never drop call.
    I am almost always in a 4glte area so can't really say I have experienced it either way.

VoLTE means voice over lte. Data and voice both go over lte.

However Verizon's advanced calling (volte) as I understand it has no handoff to cdma voice, so the call will drop. You can disable volte and it should automatically drop to 1x cdma for calls... Though you can't do simultaneous voice and data on any newer Verizon phone without volte .
    08-04-2016 11:14 PM
    That was the point I was trying to make. I will have to be careful not to make or answer LTE calls if I am driving in route 38 in Wilmington! I intend to use Advanced calling since I will want simultaneous voice and data. If it is easy to turn on and off I can always turn it off in the burbs when driving if I expect a call or make a call....unless somehow Note 7 pulls in the LTE signal in places I do not get it now.
    08-04-2016 11:19 PM
    Does the Note7 let you shrink the window so you will have pip
    08-04-2016 11:33 PM
    Does the Note7 let you shrink the window so you will have pip
    Yes
    08-05-2016 01:48 AM
    Should you upgrade to the Galaxy Note 7 from the Galaxy Note 4? http://www.androidcentral.com/should...-note-7-note-4
    08-05-2016 08:44 AM
    From the spec, it seems like they cut features and some hardware to keep the price down?
    e.g. Using a 12MP rear camera on the Note 7, instead of the 16MP used on the Note 4.

The Note 7 seems like it is upgraded in a few areas, but the Note 4 is still the better all rounder.
    08-05-2016 10:08 AM
    From the spec, it seems like they cut features and some hardware to keep the price down?
    e.g. Using a 12MP rear camera on the Note 7, instead of the 16MP used on the Note 4.

The Note 7 seems like it is upgraded in a few areas, but the Note 4 is still the better all rounder.
    This is not the case. I would read up a bit more, and keep in mind that less MP doesn't mean a worse camera. The Note 7 camera will be far superior to the Note 4 one. The N7 has the same camera as the S7, which is widely considered the best camera on any mobile phone...
    d-signer likes this.
    08-05-2016 10:21 AM
    OK thanks.
    I still think the Note 4 is more flexible - e.g. swap out the battery, rooting etc.

The bar was set so high with the Note 4, it will take a lot to beat it!
    08-05-2016 10:29 AM
    OK thanks.
    I still think the Note 4 is more flexible - e.g. swap out the battery, rooting etc.

The bar was set so high with the Note 4, it will take a lot to beat it!
    I can see that. I have the N4 (and the N5). It is a gerat phone. But my N5 is better for me, and the N7 looks to be even a greater improvement..
    08-05-2016 10:32 AM
    Why comparation with Note 4 when there is a note 5 ??? :/
    08-06-2016 03:14 PM
    Should you upgrade to the Galaxy Note 7 from the Galaxy Note 4? | Android Central

Andrew wrote an article about this as well.
    08-06-2016 03:19 PM
    The Note 5 was so responsive compared to the slower Note 4. The Note 7 doesn't seem like it was any faster than the Note 5 in my experience at Best Buy today but it will be very noticable coming from the Note 4. If you use a Note 4 dozens of times a day for productivity then you will save many hours over the course of a year by updgrading to the 5 or 7. The IR blaster and the ability to swap batteries will be missed but, if you drive in a car, sit at a desk, or sit on a couch for any length of time, then the fast charging (and wireless) keeps it over 80% almost all of the time anyway.
    08-06-2016 03:41 PM
    Because a lot of people such as myself skipped the note 5 because it seemed like it wasn't complete. Also those that buys every two years would have questions as well.
    08-07-2016 09:35 AM
    I think the reason why the 7 was compared with the 4 in this story and not the 5 is because of the 24-month device payment cycle and focused on Note 4 owners and if the 7 is worth the upgrade.
    Corgigrrl likes this.
    08-07-2016 10:36 AM
    Should you upgrade to the Galaxy Note 7 from the Galaxy Note 4? Should you upgrade to the Galaxy Note 7 from the Galaxy Note 4? | Android Central
    If I were forced to stick with my N4 I would be fine. My phone still works great. That said, I want the new features with the N7 and for me it is worth the update. Verizon is not getting my N4 back; this is my phone forever. Yes, an expensive gadget to sit as a spare phone but I will be happy to own both.
    Thisistip likes this.
    08-07-2016 10:40 AM
    This is not the case. I would read up a bit more, and keep in mind that less MP doesn't mean a worse camera. The Note 7 camera will be far superior to the Note 4 one. The N7 has the same camera as the S7, which is widely considered the best camera on any mobile phone...
    So true dsignori ... My husband is a Moto guy and he just got the Z Force. It has a 21 mp camera and even in reviews it is stated that the 21 mp camera is not as good as the S7's camera.
    08-07-2016 10:44 AM
    If I were forced to stick with my N4 I would be fine. My phone still works great. That said, I want the new features with the N7 and for me it is worth the update. Verizon is not getting my N4 back; this is my phone forever. Yes, an expensive gadget to sit as a spare phone but I will be happy to own both.
    I'll be holding on to my note edge. I don't think I can let it go.
    Corgigrrl likes this.
    08-07-2016 06:47 PM
    If I can get side notifications I'm good. The note edge and then the v10 has spoiled me
    08-08-2016 03:39 PM
48 12