08-08-2016 09:06 AM
36 12
tools
    AT&T messed up my order, took them 3 days to cancel it. Ordered from Samsung today. Samsung site has AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon models shipping dates in September now. Hope it will ship earlier. Oh, and the SD card is on back order with no ETA. At least I will get a case, micro usb to usb C adapter and extra power supply in mid-August though.
    08-05-2016 06:36 PM
    AT&T messed up my order, took them 3 days to cancel it. Ordered from Samsung today. Samsung site has AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon models shipping dates of mid-September now. Hope it will ship earlier. Oh, and the SD card is on back order with no ETA. At least I will get a case, micro usb to usb C adapter and extra power supply in mid-August though.
    Got my sd card today. Just checked my order from Samsung for the phone which states, "preparing for shipment". Which hopefully means it will ship by the 18th.
    08-05-2016 07:36 PM
    AT&T messed up my order, took them 3 days to cancel it. Ordered from Samsung today. Samsung site has AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon models shipping dates of mid-September now. Hope it will ship earlier. Oh, and the SD card is on back order with no ETA. At least I will get a case, micro usb to usb C adapter and extra power supply in mid-August though.
    Sorry ATT messed up your initial order. Hopefully Samsung will still send yours out by the release date.
    08-05-2016 07:38 PM
    Almost makes me wonder the point of pre ordering then if I could have just went around release day and buy it in store. However at least I can set it up myself instead of waiting there two hours. I swear the only Tmobile store within 25 miles and it's always busy and I don't want to have to drive 45 minutes to the next closest one.
    The benefit of pre-ordering (besides guaranteeing that your able to get the color you want) is the pre-order bonuses you get. While Samsung isn't likely to run out of their 250,000 gear fit2 watches and 250,000 sd cards places like Best Buy (that take them out of their own inventory) might. Likewise for places giving out gift cards (Sam's Club and Target for example). Like you have mentioned if you pre-order to have one delivered to your home then you'll avoid crowds (not just for this device,but other devices, products, and problems) at retailers. (There will probably be lots of advertising of it the day of release, and the Sunday ads proceeding it. As a result a lot of fad/bandwagon people who know nothing or next to nothing about the device (unlike those of us who research things beforehand) will be going to get it, or play with it because its "the new thing".
    08-06-2016 11:51 AM
    I dont they will sell out. If you live near a store selling them I'm sure you can walk in and just pick one up.
    Me I pre-ordered, because I'm lazy.
    08-06-2016 12:16 PM
    I dont they will sell out. If you live near a store selling them I'm sure you can walk in and just pick one up.
    Me I pre-ordered, because I'm lazy.
    If I lived in St. Louis still I would have just walked in and buy it because they have so many stores around me I don't need to worry about inventory running out. Down here in Florida it's a different story. Since Tmobile charges 20 bucks to place an order for a new phone now I will very likely either order my next one off their website, or just wait a couple months and buy it unlocked from Best Buy.

When I bought my S7 it took nearly two hours from waiting for my turn to purchasing the phone then waiting a half hour while the Samsung app transferred my apps to the new phone since i was trading my Note 5 in. I can do all this stuff at home myself.
    08-06-2016 12:21 PM
    I ordered it earlier today. Is that pretty early still?
    they tell you when it will ship during the order process. I re-ordered mine yesterday and it said delivers 17th or 18th. I wouldn't worry too much.
    08-06-2016 01:38 PM
    Hi Pkirangi:
    Did you get your Note 7 delivered from Samsung direct? I ordered mine at 9 am on August 3. CA time. When did you place your pre-order?
    08-06-2016 10:07 PM
    I've preordered 4 of my past phones ( last being the S6 Edge + ) and granted this time may be better and more organized but .......... from what I've seen in the past preordering did not give you a slot on this so called phone line.

Sorry to blow you're bubble and like I said I hope it's better organized.

I've seen in past threads where someone would pre-order days prior to release get a notice of his/ her order being shipped and everyone who preordered before him flip out !??!?!

I can't explain why but I'm just saying from experience and why I'm not preordering and just gonna sashay into the store sometime after they open on the 19th and pick a Note 7 up without any of the drama.

Good luck everyone !!
    I've done both in the past. My most recent phones I pre-ordered my s6 edge and just walked into best buy for my note 5. Both experiences were good, but with Preorder I like the fact that every now and then you get the device before launch. I got my s6 edge like 4 or 5 days before the official release which was pretty cool.

I'm hoping this will happen with the note 7 becuase I leave for vacation on Aug. 19! If it comes late I'm going to be upset!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-06-2016 10:39 PM
    Almost makes me wonder the point of pre ordering then if I could have just went around release day and buy it in store. However at least I can set it up myself instead of waiting there two hours. I swear the only Tmobile store within 25 miles and it's always busy and I don't want to have to drive 45 minutes to the next closest one.
    One of the big reasons for pre-orders is to try to get sales. This is why they throw in the free gifts only for pre-orders.
    08-06-2016 11:50 PM
    Well, I can't speak about carriers other than AT&T, I know that their pre-order phones can't be picked up in-store. so the phone stock they get for day one purchases should be completely available for sale. I wound up pre-ordering at BB because i wanted to pick it up. Getting the memory card on day is not a bad thing either

Cheers,
    BR
    08-08-2016 09:06 AM
36 12