The Note7 with 6GB of memory might actually be real...for China

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yep, you read the headline correctly. SamMobile reports that a China-market Note7 might have some upgrades over the standard model, with 6GB of LPDDR4 and 128GB of internal storage.

China could get a Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB of RAM and 128GB storage - SamMobile

This isn't the first time a higher-specced model is available in a different country as an exclusive. The 128GB variant of the Axon 7 with 6GB of memory is exclusive to China (maybe for now), while Samsung has made LTE-A versions of the S4 and S5 for the Korean market, which featured an SD800 and SD805 respectively (the S4 LTE-A was available in Europe AFAIK, while the S5 LTE-A had a QHD display as well).

However, it's still a bit of an odd move to release a higher-specced model in a specific country, though given the fierce competition in the Chinese market, I guess Samsung really has to move up the specs game.

Note that all this isn't confirmed by Samsung themselves, so take this with a grain of salt.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It could probably be imported to the usa... For the spec whores who must have the 6gb ram

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If they're willing to pay a whole ton of money for it. xD

And the risk of it not being compatible with LTE bands here.
But still... I hope they make it so at least you have a choice... Some make it sound like anything less than 6gb would make the phone slow as a turtle.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
China could get a Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB of RAM and 128GB storage

note-7-6gb-china-1.pngnote-7-6gb-china-2.png
If this report is true. Just wondering if another version will come to the U.S..

Source

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: China could get a Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB of RAM and 128GB storage

Yes, if true, perhaps that could be an unlocked version like the ones recently released for the S7/S7 edge in US?

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

If the just announced Note 7 is $900+, how much would this thing cost????

Posted via the Android Central App

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
But still... I hope they make it so at least you have a choice... Some make it sound like anything less than 6gb would make the phone slow as a turtle.

The manufacturers brought the spec expectations upon themselves by doubling on memory and processor speed when Android devices were first picking up speed.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

If the just announced Note 7 is $900+, how much would this thing cost????

I hear ya. I wouldn't pay anymore than I did. Probably won't use the 64gb that is on there now. But if true would be aggravating for those who already ordered and would want that one.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The manufacturers brought the spec expectations upon themselves by doubling on memory and processor speed when Android devices were first picking up speed.

And now if the rumors are true, you would be able to get that 6gb note 7

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Only difference seems to be a storage and memory bump.

Technically, while it's nice to have, it shouldn't have much of an impact in most real-world usage conditions (for memory).

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Not all that surprising. Samsung has a history of doing this with their smartphones. Shouldn't make a huge difference in performance though.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'd go with 128 if available to avoid using sd card. I don't buy new phones every year so I would spend more. The 6gb would be nice too just to speed up performance. Can't make a phone fast enough for me. Should be a law against splash screens in software. Why do developers want to slow down their apps?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Having 6GB doesn't speed up performance on its own, though.

You'll really only see its effects when you really push that thing to its limits, such as using apps side-by-side, with a video playing as a window along with downloads in the background and navigation.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Yes, if true, perhaps that could be an unlocked version like the ones recently released for the S7/S7 edge in US?
No this will never come to anywhere Note 7 is already announced.. Unlocked version in US is the same as carrier version without the carrier bloat and sim unlocked out of the box.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I hear ya. I wouldn't pay anymore than I did. Probably won't use the 64gb that is on there now. But if true would be aggravating for those who already ordered and would want that one.
except you're not getting 64GB

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
6GB of RAM - 128GB of Internal Memory...China Only???

I hope this isn't true because that means China would get the version most of us tech nerds wanted in the first place! I don't care about the RAM so much but I would love to have the higher internal memory along with the memory card slot. :D

Would a phone from China work in American on T-Mobile bands or would it be locked out like phones sold in Japan? :'(

China could get a Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB of RAM and 128GB storage - SamMobile

Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage might hit China | BGR

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: 6GB of RAM - 128GB of Internal Memory...China Only???

Doesn't look any more dependable than rumors that disappointed us about the US version. I'm already jealous they get Exynos processor though.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: 6GB of RAM - 128GB of Internal Memory...China Only???

Well it was stated that

"According to regulatory documents filed with the Chinese Industry and Information Technology Ministry, the Samsung SM-N9300 might be the device in question. In addition to the 6GB of RAM, this Galaxy Note 7 flavor might sport 128GB of built-in storage, or double the amount available on regular versions

As SamMobile points out, Samsung has done this sort of thing before. Last year’s Galaxy Note 5 shipped with 128GB of storage out of the box in China."

This looks like China would at least get the higher internal memory version but if they are trying to go against the OnePlus3 and the few other 6GB phones sold in China then I guess it's possible...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463